Costco - Input - Good Stuff - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

Costco - Input - Good Stuff

So I often talk with people about Costco and they don't realize how awesome that place is. I'll lay out some stories incase you did not know and can consider Costco in the future.

Remember, I get 2% back on my membership card and then another 1-3% on my Costco AMEX. Additionally their conceirge service provides an additional 1 year warranty on standard 1 year warranties or past standard warranties for up to 2 years.

1. Bought a 58" Panasonic Plasma there a bit ago. TV was cheaper than other retailers by default, plus our 5% off. Then they offered a 500 dollar coupon about 2 months later and honored it. Ended up getting this 58" plasma for around 1400-1500.

2. Bought the wife a standard HP desktop with a 21" flatscreen 1.5 years ago. Flatscreen ended up getting a line in it.
-Called conceirge service.
-Received *22"* replacement and was allowed to keep the 21"
-All those customer service folks were American and I could fully understand them no problems.
-No out of pocket costs for extended warranties...shipping or any of that bullshit.

3. Recently bought a gaming level machine via costco.com
-Could not build it cheaper
-2 Year warranty
-Name brand parts
-Way cheaper than any other online retailer

PC arrived and works as expected - week later 100 dollars off and they gave me that credit.

4. (I put this here since I know their electronics, this is a bit out of scope) best bang for the buck meats you can ask for. Steaks, ribs, crab...chops...beer...grills...etc.

There is NO better retailer out there, to include Sams club. If you own a home or like gadgets I recommend you try it for one year. I usually get an additioanl 400-600 dollars back on my membership betweent he wife and I spending. Not including the return I get on my Costco AMEX - for buying stuff I'd normally be buying anyway.

Wife and I have been members for 4-5 years...maybe longer. We've never had a single issue other then crowded parking lots.

Oh and I don't get any known kickbacks if you join. ONly brinigng it up since they do have some kick ass bargains and I dig their return policy/warranties.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 AM
BANNED

How much is the membership?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=503&eCat=BC|502|503&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Right_Nav2-_-Top_membership&lang=en-US

The differences are in the percentages back. If you buy your bulk groceries there, and other stuff you'll easily make back the 100 dollar membership. Does not take a lot of buying to blow away the 100 dollar membership fee. Especially if you hand out cards to other family members.

My '03 Sold.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
1. Bought a 58" Panasonic Plasma there a bit ago. TV was cheaper than other retailers by default, plus our 5% off. Then they offered a 500 dollar coupon about 2 months later and honored it. Ended up getting this 58" plasma for around 1400-1500.
I something like that happen to me. I was buying a $700 LCD for a guest bedroom, but had to take a rain check because they were sold out. When I returned the price had gone up $20 or something, but the manager on duty swiped the card and signed off on a sales price of $475 when all I asked for was to match the original price.

I love that place.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 AM
LUCIFER

Wife and I love Costco, always has some great prices on electronics

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Oooooooh-whee

We just got a membership there last weekend. We got the $50 one and had $275 in gift cards to blow. We spent every last bit of it on the first trip. I was impressed with what they have and the prices, especially if you have a coupon from their coupon book to add on top of what you are already saving. The tv prices were quite impressive as well. They had a 58" Vizio plasma that we were having to talk ourselves out of buying just yet because it was priced so competitively. I'm going to start buying my gas there as well. I never gave Costco a chance because I hate Walmart and Sam's and the fact that my wife has 3 Kroger store managers and one district manager in her family(they call them the Kroger mafia) didn't help my dislike for wholesalers. We'll still shop at Kroger, but I think Costco is going to replace Target for us. We became fans real quick.

8/16/05
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Lifer

:d
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	idiocracy_costco.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	85643  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:35 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhatch
:d
you went to law school here?
yeah, I couldn't believe it either but my dad was an alumnus and pulled some strings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement