question, laptop output resolution - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
dead

question, laptop output resolution

i havent had time to really search this over on avs forums so i figure i would ask here hoping someone might know.

i have a dell laptop with an intel centrino 2.0 ghz, ati radeon mobility 9000 series (128mb shared memory bullshit). im using this to connect to my tv or projector depending on which room in watching tv on.

well here is my dilema. the bedroom samsung lcd is a 46" 1080p tv. i can output 1920 x 1080 @ 60 hz from my laptop and it looks great like and lcd should. (note: the laptop recognizes the display as samsung lcd, i did have to hit auto adjust in the tv's menu for it to clear up the text the first time only).

now the living room, i have a mitsubishi 720p projector with native resolution of 1280 x 720. i did not have this resolution as an option to output when i connect it to my projector. i had 1280 x 768 (not quite 16x9) which looked messed up and the size was off a bit. so the next resolution i tried was 1024 x 768(4:3) which looked perfect BUT it was 4:3 so it was not cool with me.

so i wound up installing omega drivers. i then had the option to output 1280x720 like my projector wants but the screen text looks a bit fuzzy. kinda like i need to hit "auto adjust" on the projector but that option is non-existant.

is it possible my laptop just wont output this resolution correctly despite it having no problems outputing 1920x1080?

i dont get it! i may bring my work laptop home and try if it will work better.

Last edited by momo stallion; 05-29-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Texas Rangers #1

My 720p/1080i LCD (Vizio VX37L) is hooked up to my PC and the PC outputs @ 1366x768, is that an option for yours? You may want to look to see if your projector manufacturer includes "monitor" drivers for your projector, or if you can change your "Monitor" to a different one. Basically it sounds like your laptop does not recognize that your projector can accept the right input and is choosing generic settings. To change your display settings, right click on your desktop, click Properties. Go to the last tab "settings" and then click on Advanced... then click on the Monitor tabs and Properties, see if you can update to a different driver for your monitor other than "Plug and Play", ideally you should use a driver provided by your projectors manufacturer.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
My 720p/1080i LCD (Vizio VX37L) is hooked up to my PC and the PC outputs @ 1366x768, is that an option for yours? You may want to look to see if your projector manufacturer includes "monitor" drivers for your projector, or if you can change your "Monitor" to a different one. Basically it sounds like your laptop does not recognize that your projector can accept the right input and is choosing generic settings. To change your display settings, right click on your desktop, click Properties. Go to the last tab "settings" and then click on Advanced... then click on the Monitor tabs and Properties, see if you can update to a different driver for your monitor other than "Plug and Play", ideally you should use a driver provided by your projectors manufacturer.
1366 x 768 wasnt an option with the stock dell drivers but is now with the omega but so is 1280 x 720 and i just go with that since thats the projectors native.

and about the drivers i was thinking the exact same thing but the problem is i couldnt find any drivers for it. i may call up mitsubishi to see if they have any for it period.

on the brightside i uninstalled all video drivers again and put omega drivers on fresh. im able to display the 1280 x 720 pretty damn good now.

i also found out that the "auto adjust" button on lcd monitors just adjusts fine sync but it only applies to vga cables. i used the fine sync settings to clear up the text.
DVI/HDMI dont need it so i may wind up hooking it up to my desktop and using a dvi to hdmi cable. either that or buy a new laptop since mine could use an upgrade for a 16x9 with dvi out anyways.

Last edited by momo stallion; 05-30-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement