is there a way to speed up my net? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

is there a way to speed up my net?

im using my cell as a modem through at&t. right now it says i am connecting at 460.8Kbps. it faster then what i had before but still slow. i can only get the Edge network here where im at. i thought i remember hearing someone talking about a setting in XP that i could change to help speed up my internet. if there is anything i can do, please let me know

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 01:19 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

There is nothing you can do, just because you're connected at that speed, doesn't mean its stationary at 468k or whatever you put. Wireless internet is terrible unless you have a very high signal strength. lol @ settings that increase speed, why do people say these things. About the only setting that remotely may adjust your speed is increasing the amount of TCP connections available for open, this really only works for torrents and not site browsing as by default 10 is more than enough for most computer needs as site usually cap outbound tcp connections at 2 or 3.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
There is nothing you can do, just because you're connected at that speed, doesn't mean its stationary at 468k or whatever you put. Wireless internet is terrible unless you have a very high signal strength. lol @ settings that increase speed, why do people say these things. About the only setting that remotely may adjust your speed is increasing the amount of TCP connections available for open, this really only works for torrents and not site browsing as by default 10 is more than enough for most computer needs as site usually cap outbound tcp connections at 2 or 3.
i really have no idea what you were just talking about...lol. i have no idea what TCP is. im not really on a wireless connection, im tethering my cell. i did have a wireless connection for alittle bit, but my wireless card stopped picking up the signal i was piggy backing on. i know that im not surfing at 468K but that is just what it shows me it connected at. i heard along time ago that there was somthing i could change on XP and it would help the speed, i don't know.

<-- not computer savy, only know enough to get me by

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

ignore abecx. check on ebay for a newer internet explorer chip. i believe its up to ver 7, rom 5433.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
ignore abecx. check on ebay for a newer internet explorer chip. i believe its up to ver 7, rom 5433.

ha ha

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement