Im an idiot - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Im an idiot

Fuck man i hate not being computer savvy. Well n e ways im tryin to hook up my pc to my 32 inch LCD. I went to best buy and bought the male to male video cord and rca jacks to connect from my screen to my compact radio.Well the mother fucker doesnt work. i get video but no damn audio. WTF am i doing wrong. I cant even hear the audio out of the tv speakers. I just spent fucking 80 bu ks on these 2 cords and cant get it to work. HELP

Milk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by milks93coupe
Fuck man i hate not being computer savvy. Well n e ways im tryin to hook up my pc to my 32 inch LCD. I went to best buy and bought the male to male video cord and rca jacks to connect from my screen to my compact radio.Well the mother fucker doesnt work. i get video but no damn audio. WTF am i doing wrong. I cant even hear the audio out of the tv speakers. I just spent fucking 80 bu ks on these 2 cords and cant get it to work. HELP

Milk
So which port on the sound card of your PC are you connecting to the audio in rca jacks on the TV?

WTF is a compact radio?

Buying dogs kills.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
So which port on the sound card of your PC are you connecting to the audio in rca jacks on the TV?

WTF is a compact radio?

LOL, u see thats what im talking bout. The who to the what? I just did what the fukin best buy told me to do. I plugged the double male to one end of the pc where the origional screen went and then plugged the other to the tv. I have the side rcas of the tv to the compact stereo(a small 3 peice stereo)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:

WTF is a compact radio?
I'm with him. One, you got ripped off on cables. Most likely you needed a VGA cable to get to your TV via 15 pin on each end (one to the video card and one to the TV). The audio portion should be a 1/8" mini on one end (stereo) to the computer and RCA's on the other to the TV. It should be plugged in to the green port on the sound card unless you've got some whack configuration. Post some pics and we'll help.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
I'm with him. One, you got ripped off on cables. Most likely you needed a VGA cable to get to your TV via 15 pin on each end (one to the video card and one to the TV). The audio portion should be a 1/8" mini on one end (stereo) to the computer and RCA's on the other to the TV. It should be plugged in to the green port on the sound card unless you've got some whack configuration. Post some pics and we'll help.
ok hold on

Im goin with a VGA cable that cost 51.oo from the back of my tower to the tv screen. Then i wanna go from the tv to a compact stereo
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
LOL, u see thats what im talking bout. The who to the what? I just did what the fukin best buy told me to do. I plugged the double male to one end of the pc where the origional screen went and then plugged the other to the tv. I have the side rcas of the tv to the compact stereo(a small 3 peice stereo)
Ok.

The video cable that goes from you PC to your TV does not carry the sound.

Do you want the sound for the PC to come out of the compact stereo? If so, you need to look at the back of your computer to find the audio out jack. If your PC is like 95% of all the other PCs in the world, it will probably be in a row of about 4 1/8" mini jacks. Sometimes they are all black, sometimes they are different colors. There is usually a little symbol next to it that will show output. You will need a 1/8" mini male to RCA cable that goes from that jack to your compact stereo.

edit: Yeah, what weezl said.

Buying dogs kills.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
ok hold on

Im goin with a VGA cable that cost 51.oo from the back of my tower to the tv screen. Then i wanna go from the tv to a compact stereo
So you want the TV AND the PC to have audio through the stereo? Hope you have enough inputs on the stereo.

$51 for a VGA cable? Does it suck your dick? That's the only way I would pay that much for one of those.

Buying dogs kills.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Ok.

The video cable that goes from you PC to your TV does not carry the sound.

Do you want the sound for the PC to come out of the compact stereo? If so, you need to look at the back of your computer to find the audio out jack. If your PC is like 95% of all the other PCs in the world, it will probably be in a row of about 4 1/8" mini jacks. Sometimes they are all black, sometimes they are different colors. There is usually a little symbol next to it that will show output. You will need a 1/8" mini male to RCA cable that goes from that jack to your compact stereo.

edit: Yeah, what weezl said.

So that cocksucker lied to me?????? I had the right 1/8 mini male to rca cables but he said i could return the sound from the tv to the stereo. So if i were playin playsatation or watching a movie i could do all of it. the main thing is gettin audio from my pc to the sterro tho,it would be sweet if i could do all. N e of u have camera phones?. im toooo lazy to email and post the piks. Appreciate all the help so far fellas
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
So you want the TV AND the PC to have audio through the stereo? Hope you have enough inputs on the stereo.

well theres 2
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
So that cocksucker lied to me?????? I had the right 1/8 mini male to rca cables but he said i could return the sound from the tv to the stereo. So if i were playin playsatation or watching a movie i could do all of it. the main thing is gettin audio from my pc to the sterro tho,it would be sweet if i could do all. N e of u have camera phones?. im toooo lazy to email and post the piks. Appreciate all the help so far fellas
If your TV has enough inputs and a set of outputs, then yes, you could plug all sound into the TV and then the TV outputs (RCA) to the stereo. In that case, you'd still need a 1/8" mini to RCA's cable from the computer to the TV.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
If your TV has enough inputs and a set of outputs, then yes, you could plug all sound into the TV and then the TV outputs (RCA) to the stereo. In that case, you'd still need a 1/8" mini to RCA's cable from the computer to the TV.

ok so on the back of the pc theres a female colored in baby blue where my surround sound speakers used to go, i looked at the back of the tv and there is also one there.if i plug those to eatchother how am i getting the stereo involved?
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
+1.

Don't listen to Best Buy. Ask DFWstangs first. We get to the bottom of shit (not literally... although some of us might but I don't ask personal questions.)

Buying dogs kills.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
ok so on the back of the pc theres a female colored in baby blue where my surround sound speakers used to go, i looked at the back of the tv and there is also one there.if i plug those to eatchother how am i getting the stereo involved?
I would draw it out but I really suck a MS paint.

Buying dogs kills.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
I would draw it out but I really suck a MS paint.

man ill buy u a 40
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 PM
A+
would read again

Quote:

Milk
see..what your problem is, your trying to put to males together. now, i dont know if you ever heard about god not creating adam and steve. now, if you give this another try with a female and a male instead of a male and a male, you might get better results.

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
see..what your problem is, your trying to put to males together. now, i dont know if you ever heard about god not creating adam and steve. now, if you give this another try with a female and a male instead of a male and a male, you might get better results.

hey Vato,i know that but computers are gay.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
A+
would read again

Quote:
hey Vato,i know that but computers are gay.
then i guess all computers are going to hell then

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
then i guess all computers are going to hell then
well dugh Vato,Putos are going to hell and ive been calling this PC a puto for like 3 hours..
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:46 AM
duh...duh....duh

Yeah...9 times out of 10...a normal user knows more then BB, CC and/or Fry's reps.

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement