Lost Odyssey - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Lost Odyssey

Just grabbed Lost Odyssey for the 360. Wish me luck.

Video of game in middle of page: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200117

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...result;title;0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Lifer

Looks like a cool game... I need to get me a ps3 or 360...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Holy shit, it's four discs long.
Man, this reminds me of FF7.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Graphics are great, gameply is like ff7-10(x2).
If the rest of the game plays out like the first 30 minutes, it's a buyer.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Level 21 into this game, and it is still great. Still on the first of four disc's too.
If we have any Finaly Fantasy fans in here, this is the title you need to go out and get.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
i bought the game but haven't started it yet, the two main guys that made this game were part of the main team that made ff VII they left and formed mistwalker studios.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

God damn this game is long. . . . .

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

god damn this game is long.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Time Served

Still think it's a great game?

I know the first couple hours and like you said the first 30 minutes were epic. After that it was a slow grade downhill until the middle of disc 2 were it was pretty decent and into the 3rd disc were I quit(I only rented it).

Wasn't good enough for me to buy I don't think nor for me to rent it once more to beat it. I love JRPGs and I favor turn base style, I just couldn't get deep into the game. I think the ratings this game recieved were a tad low but nothing above a 8.5 for sure.

The kids ruined a lot of the game for me and cut away from getting attached to the story and other characters.

The ring system was great but wasn't used to 100% benefit(dont even need rings for spell casters which was always 3 of my 5 people) and the 1000 dreams were fantastic.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3oostedCubes
Still think it's a great game?

I know the first couple hours and like you said the first 30 minutes were epic. After that it was a slow grade downhill until the middle of disc 2 were it was pretty decent and into the 3rd disc were I quit(I only rented it).

Wasn't good enough for me to buy I don't think nor for me to rent it once more to beat it. I love JRPGs and I favor turn base style, I just couldn't get deep into the game. I think the ratings this game recieved were a tad low but nothing above a 8.5 for sure.

The kids ruined a lot of the game for me and cut away from getting attached to the story and other characters.

The ring system was great but wasn't used to 100% benefit(dont even need rings for spell casters which was always 3 of my 5 people) and the 1000 dreams were fantastic.
Kids can fucking fall of the train and die for all i care. I like what they brought to the game, as far as showing how old the immortals are, but as far as characters. . . . fuck, they're annoying.

Right now i'm at the part where seth and toltin are sneaking through the city. I haven't been stuck on it as much as i have cod4, but i still really like this game.

I think more side quests, and maybe some sort of monster summon/control would have been nice. Also, with just about the only race being human (at this point), and the doberman headed people, i feel they could have made it a real fantasy style world if they would have included just another race.

The cut scenes and movies are pretty damn long, but i'm fine with that, as long as they aren't pointless.

This is definately a game you play for the story, more than you do for the action. I mean that over the normal rpg style.

Ring system is alright. It just seems like if you don't bother with it you'll be fine. The immortal's skill linking is what i don't like. Alive for 1,000 years and you have to leach from someone to learn? Not cool.

All in all, i'd give it somewhere between an 8.0-8.5.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement