Call of Duty 4; Worth buying? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
dudeitstaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Drifting around North America
Posts: 1,956
Call of Duty 4; Worth buying?

Been looking at Call of Duty 4; Modern Warfare and it looks badass... Just wanting some feedback from the community or maybe some tips to other badass FPS games... Thanks.

Taylor
dudeitstaylor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:37 AM
phuk therd gier
 
SY04Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: plano
Posts: 1,956
you really havent heard anything about it?

if not- yeah its worth buying, great single player(difficult if you play it on a higher difficulty) and multiplayer is amazing- but buy it on PC

04 converted V8
SY04Mustang is offline  
post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Buy it on any platform you fell like it, it's plays great on consoles, and your computer, well, i don't know it's specs, but if it'll make the game run like shit, then there isn't a reason to buy it for the computer.
Single player will keep you entertained, and the multiplayer will get you addicted.

Magnus is offline  
 
post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 846
worth the buy! The roomate got it and Im addicted!

]
kayway is offline  
post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
dudeitstaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Drifting around North America
Posts: 1,956
thanks for the input guys. I found a demo online that I'm downloading to see how it runs on my laptop.
dudeitstaylor is offline  
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:00 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
thanks for the input guys. I found a demo online that I'm downloading to see how it runs on my laptop.
I swear, to go, if i end up playing you online, and you're some guy with juggernaut, shotty, and martyrdom, i'll cry.

Magnus is offline  
post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
I have it for my 360 and enjoy it. What I enjoy the most is you can upgrade your weapons and modify your character vs alot of other shooting games.
Skidmark is offline  
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:06 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I have it for my 360 and enjoy it. What I enjoy the most is you can upgrade your weapons and modify your character vs alot of other shooting games.
360 gamertag?
mine is x3valveGTx


Last edited by Godmagnus; 02-13-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Magnus is offline  
post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Lifer
 
347Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
360 gamertag?
mine is x3valvegtx
Ive seen you before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
347Mike is offline  
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt66
Ive seen you before.
Is that good or bad?

Magnus is offline  
post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Lifer
 
347Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Is that good or bad?
Actually ive never seen that tag in my life, who are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
347Mike is offline  
post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
360 gamertag?
mine is x3valveGTx
b00ty snatch3r

shoot me an inv! i'm lvl 32 right now, but i do kick some ass
Skidmark is offline  
post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: red light district amsterdam
Posts: 831
is multiplayer only online or can you play co-op when i have buddies over?

2002 4.6L 5 spd. S281

So fast, I make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales
spederman is offline  
post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by spederman
is multiplayer only online or can you play co-op when i have buddies over?


I've never tried co-op, but another board member says co-op sucks on COD4. Like, you're playing 1vs1 or some stupid shit. Hopefully jluv will chime in soon.



FWIW, fuck co-op in any game. Online is the only way I roll.
bcoop is offline  
post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Online is 1 player only.. i haven't tried a co-op game, but i do not think you can do it.
Skidmark is offline  
post #16 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Ya, there is no split-screen campaign mode like there is with Resistance. You can go around playing against each other 1 on 1 but that gets old quick.

I love both games, and I have still never played anything online.
jluv is offline  
post #17 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt66
Actually ive never seen that tag in my life, who are you?
Baby Jesus the Third.
I'm no one special, just a COD4 player who gets pissed at helicopters on shipment.

Magnus is offline  
post #18 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
dudeitstaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Drifting around North America
Posts: 1,956
well i played through the demo for pc and had to set most of the graphics settings to low or off for maximum playability. It was a lot of fun and liked the dynamic objectives/fast pace. Although the main draw for me was the cutting edge graphics... with the settings how I had them they were only slightly better than what I've seen on my PS2... I guess in the end i need to just save up for a ps3 or 360.
dudeitstaylor is offline  
post #19 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bedford
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
well i played through the demo for pc and had to set most of the graphics settings to low or off for maximum playability. It was a lot of fun and liked the dynamic objectives/fast pace. Although the main draw for me was the cutting edge graphics... with the settings how I had them they were only slightly better than what I've seen on my PS2... I guess in the end i need to just save up for a ps3 or 360.

Thats why I only play on consoles....no worries if it will run on the computer or not

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
staticX is offline  
post #20 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
well i played through the demo for pc and had to set most of the graphics settings to low or off for maximum playability. It was a lot of fun and liked the dynamic objectives/fast pace. Although the main draw for me was the cutting edge graphics... with the settings how I had them they were only slightly better than what I've seen on my PS2... I guess in the end i need to just save up for a ps3 or 360.
If you're buying it for games: 360
If you're buying it for media(bluray): ps3

If yo'ure really into FPS games, then the 360 is going to be the way to go. Not only are the games better (so far), but for a fps, the controller layout is much more accomodating.

Magnus is offline  
post #21 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
dudeitstaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Drifting around North America
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX
Thats why I only play on consoles....no worries if it will run on the computer or not
I haven't played consoles in over 3 years since world of warcraft release... Since i quit the game i've been looking for something to somewhat fill the void that was left in my gaming experience on the PC but without buying an entirely new system and dropping a couple g's i cant do it... Looks like a ps3 is in my future
dudeitstaylor is offline  
post #22 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
dudeitstaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Drifting around North America
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
If you're buying it for games: 360
If you're buying it for media(bluray): ps3

If yo'ure really into FPS games, then the 360 is going to be the way to go. Not only are the games better (so far), but for a fps, the controller layout is much more accomodating.
I do enjoy the controller layout of the xbox, but from what I've seen the PS3 has superior graphics and seems like it will have better longevity in the market. Also from what I've heard from friends if you have an internet connection you can play the PS3 online for no additional charge, whereas the xbox requires you to pay a monthly fee to play online.. Granted, they both have their upsides and downsides, right now the PS3 seems the right choice for me.
dudeitstaylor is offline  
post #23 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
That game fuckin' rocks. Played it a little last night at Jester's. Seriously great FPS and about as addictive as any I've ever played.

BLAKE is offline  
post #24 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:55 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
I do enjoy the controller layout of the xbox, but from what I've seen the PS3 has superior graphics and seems like it will have better longevity in the market. Also from what I've heard from friends if you have an internet connection you can play the PS3 online for no additional charge, whereas the xbox requires you to pay a monthly fee to play online.. Granted, they both have their upsides and downsides, right now the PS3 seems the right choice for me.
If $50 a year is going to break you, then blu-ray prices and game prices are going to hurt you a lot more.
As much as i've been a sony fan in the past, i have a little more faith in an online service that has revenue to perform upgrades and service repairs in a timely fashion.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/


Please do research on graphics.

I plan to add a ps3 to my collection, but it won't be for the games. game playing was more important to me, and thats why i bought the 360.

Magnus is offline  
post #25 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:00 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 324
I have it for PS3 and its bad ass! Especially on a 1080p tv with surround sound. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
Been looking at Call of Duty 4; Modern Warfare and it looks badass... Just wanting some feedback from the community or maybe some tips to other badass FPS games... Thanks.

Taylor
03venom is offline  
post #26 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
If yo'ure really into FPS games, then the 360 is going to be the way to go. Not only are the games better (so far), but for a fps, the controller layout is much more accomodating.


See, I always hear people saying that. I just can't get used to the differences in the controller layout, to save my life.



I'll stick to the PS3.
bcoop is offline  
post #27 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
See, I always hear people saying that. I just can't get used to the differences in the controller layout, to save my life.



I'll stick to the PS3.
You just have to get some hours of play in to get use to it.

I remember going from an old school Nintendo with the D pad to the N64 with the thumbstick. I was confused for a long while
Skidmark is offline  
post #28 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
See, I always hear people saying that. I just can't get used to the differences in the controller layout, to save my life.



I'll stick to the PS3.
You should have tried playing ps2 forever, then using a firstgen xbox controller. Those things could double as a shield, or a wrecking ball.


Magnus is offline  
post #29 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 8,772
Hell Yeah COD4 is worth buying! I play online & LAN at work..
TOMMY is offline  
post #30 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Is it worth buying....yeah I guess....is the single player fun...yeah.....does the multi player SUCK.....HELL YEAH...

I would bet that all of the people that really enjoy the multiplayer never spent any time on any of the battlefield series. If you did you would know what I'm talking about. More or less....COD is o...k... in small doses. Just the idea of putting 30 or so people on maps no bigger then 1 single solitary flag point in BF2 and then making it where you are safe from gun fire virtually NO WHERE (because almost all surfaces are penetrable) gets a little old. Then to add insult to injury there arenít any vehicles you could play in and because of that there isnít as much variety so its easier to get bored.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #31 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Is it worth buying....yeah I guess....is the single player fun...yeah.....does the multi player SUCK.....HELL YEAH...

I would bet that all of the people that really enjoy the multiplayer never spent any time on any of the battlefeild series. If you did you would know what I'm talking about. More or less....COD is o...k... in small doses. Just the idea of putting 30 or so people on maps no bigger then 1 single solitary flag point in BF2 and then making it where you are safe from gun fire virtually NO WHERE gets a little old. Then to add insult to injury there arenít any vehicles you could play in and because of that there isnít as much variety so its easier to get bored.

<---Never played Battlefield. But yes, I do enjoy the multiplayer. There are a few things I don't care for such as random spawning, but you get used to it. The only other FPS online experience I have is the SOCOM series. I like SOCOM a little better, but I like the game modes in COD are better. I play that shit for hours on end. My wife hates it.
bcoop is offline  
post #32 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I've never tried co-op, but another board member says co-op sucks on COD4. Like, you're playing 1vs1 or some stupid shit. Hopefully jluv will chime in soon.



FWIW, fuck co-op in any game. Online is the only way I roll.
Like I always say...I don't care if I can beat the computer or not, I just want to be able to beat you. haha
Grant is offline  
post #33 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
See, I always hear people saying that. I just can't get used to the differences in the controller layout, to save my life.



I'll stick to the PS3.
I said the same thing originally. Now, I can't get used to the ps3 controller to save my life. It feels too light, the 360 controller feels much more comfortable in my hands.
Grant is offline  
post #34 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
I said the same thing originally. Now, I can't get used to the ps3 controller to save my life. It feels too light, the 360 controller feels much more comfortable in my hands.


That's why I bought the PS3 over the xbox360. Well, that and the ring of death that seems to be all too common.
bcoop is offline  
post #35 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
That's why I bought the PS3 over the xbox360. Well, that and the ring of death that seems to be all too common.
Yep, i'm glad they fixed what was causing the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Is it worth buying....yeah I guess....is the single player fun...yeah.....does the multi player SUCK.....HELL YEAH...

I would bet that all of the people that really enjoy the multiplayer never spent any time on any of the battlefield series. If you did you would know what I'm talking about. More or less....COD is o...k... in small doses. Just the idea of putting 30 or so people on maps no bigger then 1 single solitary flag point in BF2 and then making it where you are safe from gun fire virtually NO WHERE (because almost all surfaces are penetrable) gets a little old. Then to add insult to injury there arenít any vehicles you could play in and because of that there isnít as much variety so its easier to get bored.
i've played BF 2 and BF 2142. I like both. Liked bf214 more, but if i was to put bf2, bf2142, and cod4 all three side by side, and judge them on how much i liked them when i started playing them, how much they held my interest, and how much playability they have when i get bored, i'm going to hold COD4 above the other two.

I'm not a newbie to fps online games, and i can't begin to say how many school nights and summers were wasted on games like Counter Strike and Day of defeat (not the new source crap, back when those games were practically free.)

COD4 will not be a buy you'll regret, and if you have to get it for a console, then a 360 is what you'll want.
If $50 a year for online gaming will break you, then either console will be bad for you when you go to buy a game, or a blu-ray movie.

Do what all the big ballers do. . . buy both and cover all the bases.

Magnus is offline  
post #36 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
dudeitstaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Drifting around North America
Posts: 1,956
Great input guys... Can't wait to get my 360(I think) and get some head shots on some of you noobs >=)
dudeitstaylor is offline  
post #37 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
dudeitstaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Drifting around North America
Posts: 1,956
Can you play regular dvd's on the xbox without an adapter?
dudeitstaylor is offline  
post #38 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
I do enjoy the controller layout of the xbox, but from what I've seen the PS3 has superior graphics and seems like it will have better longevity in the market. Also from what I've heard from friends if you have an internet connection you can play the PS3 online for no additional charge, whereas the xbox requires you to pay a monthly fee to play online.. Granted, they both have their upsides and downsides, right now the PS3 seems the right choice for me.
Exactly.

People talk about the PS3 being so expensive, but it has free online, which saves you $60 a year, and that's another $60 to add to the price of a 360 which makes it more expensive than a PS3 at $399

Slowhand is offline  
post #39 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Exactly.

People talk about the PS3 being so expensive, but it has free online, which saves you $60 a year, and that's another $60 to add to the price of a 360 which makes it more expensive than a PS3 at $399
$50, nontaxable.
$399 + tax would not fly as being the same or cheaper.

Not to mention the $399 has no backwards compatibility. $350 for a premium 360, that is not going to 3 ring on you, and has a larger fps category (that this person is obviously into), and, to date, has better graphics on released games.

If he's buying a game console, that he can network with his computer and play about any damn .wmv file or picture through his home network, there really is no argument on which system.

If he wants/needs a blu ray player, and isn't as concerned about the games, then the ps3 is the way to go for him.

Magnus is offline  
post #40 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Exactly.

People talk about the PS3 being so expensive, but it has free online, which saves you $60 a year, and that's another $60 to add to the price of a 360 which makes it more expensive than a PS3 at $399
Would you pay for PS3's online system as it stands right now? If Sony can charge for it, they will...and they have plans to do so, once they build their online system comparable to XBL.
Grant is offline  
post #41 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
We lost one.....
 
Mychael101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Red Oak TX
Posts: 6,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
FWIW, fuck co-op in any game. Online is the only way I roll.
I'm still waiting to rent COD4. Bcoop let me know when you'll be on Resistance, I'm always in one of the sniper matches on the Manchester map.
Mychael101 is offline  
post #42 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Is it worth buying....yeah I guess....is the single player fun...yeah.....does the multi player SUCK.....HELL YEAH...

I would bet that all of the people that really enjoy the multiplayer never spent any time on any of the battlefield series. If you did you would know what I'm talking about. More or less....COD is o...k... in small doses. Just the idea of putting 30 or so people on maps no bigger then 1 single solitary flag point in BF2 and then making it where you are safe from gun fire virtually NO WHERE (because almost all surfaces are penetrable) gets a little old. Then to add insult to injury there arenít any vehicles you could play in and because of that there isnít as much variety so its easier to get bored.
x2, can't wait for the new battlefield. But I play COD4 for now, then if SOCOM EVER comes out for PS3 I'll be back to it for months on end.
WhiteOut is offline  
post #43 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
If he's buying a game console, that he can network with his computer and play about any damn .wmv file or picture through his home network, there really is no argument on which system.
wasn't sure if you were arguing for or against PS3 here, but PS3 does all of this. I don't have a 360.
WhiteOut is offline  
post #44 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
Can you play regular dvd's on the xbox without an adapter?
Yes, you can play regular DVDs on the 360. You can also use the controller for a remote.
Skidmark is offline  
post #45 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 AM
DFWStangs Member
 
II Fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas, Tx.
Posts: 1,060
Thumbs up

I have it on PS3 and it's awesome. Well worth the $$$.
II Fast is offline  
post #46 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:14 AM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Yep, i'm glad they fixed what was causing the issue.
Haha, uh, no they didn't, my friend's elite shit out a few weeks ago, the people on the microsoft hotline haven't said they've fixed shit, they're just giving him a brand new one instead.

90GT50 is offline  
post #47 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50
Haha, uh, no they didn't, my friend's elite shit out a few weeks ago, the people on the microsoft hotline haven't said they've fixed shit, they're just giving him a brand new one instead.
How old was his Elite?
Just because it was an Elite doesn't mean it had the third motherboard rollout.

Magnus is offline  
post #48 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
How old was his Elite?
Just because it was an Elite doesn't mean it had the third motherboard rollout.
He got it in december.

90GT50 is offline  
post #49 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 324
Anybody who says the graphics are better on 360 doesnt know what the fuck they are talking about. I have both hooked up to a samsung 1080p tv using hdmi and cod4 on the ps3 is better than on the xbox. period. It is smoother graphically and much more crisp. In the end the ps3 will come out on top as Sony game products always do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
$50, nontaxable.
$399 + tax would not fly as being the same or cheaper.

Not to mention the $399 has no backwards compatibility. $350 for a premium 360, that is not going to 3 ring on you, and has a larger fps category (that this person is obviously into), and, to date, has better graphics on released games.

If he's buying a game console, that he can network with his computer and play about any damn .wmv file or picture through his home network, there really is no argument on which system.

If he wants/needs a blu ray player, and isn't as concerned about the games, then the ps3 is the way to go for him.
03venom is offline  
post #50 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03venom
Anybody who says the graphics are better on 360 doesnt know what the fuck they are talking about. I have both hooked up to a samsung 1080p tv using hdmi and cod4 on the ps3 is better than on the xbox. period. It is smoother graphically and much more crisp. In the end the ps3 will come out on top as Sony game products always do.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/

Go tell them you're a pro and you know what's better.

Magnus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome