DFW Mustang Forums banner

Good gaming laptop?

284 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  danielhv 
#1 ·
I am thinking about either building another desktop or buying/building a laptop. I have no need for blue ray/hd dvd players, just gaming performance. I will keep my current computer to hold all my songs and movies. Any laptop with a 15 to 20+ inch screen will do.

What laptops are out there?

#2 ·
big_tiger said:
I am thinking about either building another desktop or buying/building a laptop. I have no need for blue ray/hd dvd players, just gaming performance. I will keep my current computer to hold all my songs and movies. Any laptop with a 15 to 20+ inch screen will do.

What laptops are out there?
20+ inch screen? Might as well have a fuckin projector if its gonna be that big.

#6 ·
Stang2be said:
a coworker has been looking at gaming laptops and looks like you have to spend about 1500 to get something that has the gfx to game. For that you can build a killer desktop with your 20 inch monitor
I am not needing a computer that will play Crysis at 50fps or anything. Should I look at Dell XPS?

Anyone have bad luck with Toshiba?

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?seg=HHO&poid=403664

#7 ·
I just got the wife a toshiba. It was a 450 best buy deal but pretty nice for a basic laptop.

dual core intel cpu, 1gb ram, 120gb hd, dvd burner, vista home premium.

Once I cleaned up all the toshiba crap it runs nice and great for web, desktop app use.

#8 ·
J Osh10 said:
Getting a 15in screen on a laptop makes it almost not portable I cant imagine a 20in screen. just build yourself a new desktop.

My HP lappy has a 17 inch screen. Its big, but i lugged it all over europe and still enjoyed a nice screen for movies, etc. Only time it became a problem was in a freaking airplane in coach, i couldnt really watch movies comfortably.

#10 ·
I have a 17" laptop that I use for everything. I recently just put a 9 cell battery in it and I'd say it's pretty respectable for how long it lasts. I get about 3 1/2 hours out of it now. I have the Dell Inspiron E1705 with the 256mb ATI graphics card (from what I understand, the NVidea would've been better for gaming). And 2gb 667mhz RAM. By now means is it a hardcore gaming machine, but it runs everything I want it to with plenty to spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.