Cod4 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Cod4

I beat it in the single person version. I bought the game last friday

Thank God my wife will be pregnant when GTA4 comes out

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Lifer

yea it isnt meant for taking long on single player, the multiplayer is where its at.

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 AM
yes, jluv

Took you long enough! Cool game.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:19 AM

That game rocks!!
<---------spends way too much time playing.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Which one's the clutch?

the only cool part of single player was the ac-130 mission

That game took all of 2 hours to beat...but the multi is pretty sweet.

I wish it had a co-op mode for single player though.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 08:34 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie
the only cool part of single player was the ac-130 mission

That game took all of 2 hours to beat...but the multi is pretty sweet.

I wish it had a co-op mode for single player though.

Two hours? You're full of shit. you could play it straight through as fast as you can without every dying once and the gameplay itself lasts much longer than two hours.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 10:33 AM
is chilaxing

How long did it take for you to finish the plane mission after credits?
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa
How long did it take for you to finish the plane mission after credits?
that shit is tough, on the higher difficulties... I get to the room right before the guy with the hostage and run out of time. Finally finished it.

Yeah the single player is short, but hella fun

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Which one's the clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Two hours? You're full of shit. you could play it straight through as fast as you can without every dying once and the gameplay itself lasts much longer than two hours.
I exaggerated but I did beat it in a day on harden. It was way shorter then i thought it was going to be.

1988 Buick lasabre-sold
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
I exaggerated but I did beat it in a day on harden. It was way shorter then i thought it was going to be.

Okay. Ya, it's shorter than I would have hoped for. More than two hours though, lol! I was about to ask where the warp portals are!

I didn't have much trouble with the plane mission after the credits. To me, the hardest level was the TV station, in the big room with all of the cubicles. The bad guys just never stop appearing.
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

pretty good singleplayer.

much better online.

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Okay. Ya, it's shorter than I would have hoped for. More than two hours though, lol! I was about to ask where the warp portals are!

I didn't have much trouble with the plane mission after the credits. To me, the hardest level was the TV station, in the big room with all of the cubicles. The bad guys just never stop appearing.
no shit... at one point I had 3 gernade warnings in 3 opposite directions, thats when you know you're fucked I had a lot of trouble on the mission where you had to protect the broken tank/crew soooooo many RPG's there

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 04:22 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
no shit... at one point I had 3 gernade warnings in 3 opposite directions, thats when you know you're fucked I had a lot of trouble on the mission where you had to protect the broken tank/crew soooooo many RPG's there

True. I got annoyed at the one where you have to carry the other guy all over the place and keep setting him down to fight.

Oh, and fuck the dogs! Those bastards scared the shit out of me a few times.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Which one's the clutch?

Quote:

To me the hardest mission is that damn sniper one when your waiting for the helo to extract you. i died so many times.. i dont know what difficulty you guys played it on but hardened was insane. Those fucking dogs were every where, you had to kill 3 back to back

1988 Buick lasabre-sold
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Quote:
To me the hardest mission is that damn sniper one when your waiting for the helo to extract you. i died so many times.. i dont know what difficulty you guys played it on but hardened was insane. Those fucking dogs were every where, you had to kill 3 back to back
That one is a bitch if you stay for the fight. The first time I played it I ran through the gun fire and got in the building, made it all the way through that and shut it off without saving. Restart it and I'm back on the sniper rifle which was pretty cool. I started shooting like crazy to see how many I could drop before the mission ended
But I kept forgetting to just run through the damn fight and tried to pick them off, but when different groups keep converging on your area it is damn difficult to defend.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Lifer

i beat it on regular now gonna try hardend
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Resident Epicurean

I beat it on regular in under 6 hours, Jared. When you going to log on and play online?
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Time Served

I enjoyed the SP but it was really short. The AC130 mission and the back in time sniper mission crawling through all the baddies kicked azz. Multi player is awesome, takes Fing forever to get a game though.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I beat it on regular in under 6 hours, Jared. When you going to log on and play online?
Ya, it doesn't take long, but 6>2.

I dunno. My PS3 is acting up real bad now. Remember that popping thing it was doing? Well the other day it started doing that during a movie and then it froze up several times. It gets to where I can't do anything with the remotes or even on the console without flipping the switch in the back. I guess I'll end up sending it off or something. Anybody had to do this yet? I hope it's relativey quick and painless.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
is chilaxing

That sucks, I haven't had one issue with mine(60 gig) yet. As far as online goes, I guess they changed something cuz it puts me in game with some hardcore players. Nothing but upper 40's and 50's it puts me in. Not those players who just play that long. These fockers are pretty badass. Lately I've been averaging top 4, now I'm between 5-8.
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:55 AM
老师

Quote:
called out like a little bitch, eric.
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

I dunno. My PS3 is acting up real bad now. Remember that popping thing it was doing? Well the other day it started doing that during a movie and then it froze up several times. It gets to where I can't do anything with the remotes or even on the console without flipping the switch in the back. I guess I'll end up sending it off or something. Anybody had to do this yet? I hope it's relativey quick and painless.

I took mine back and exchanged it in store at GameStop. Took all of 20 minutes. I was within my 30 day warranty though. I did decide to buy the 1 year warranty once they swapped me out. My wife fucked it up somehow. Stopped reading discs.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
I took mine back and exchanged it in store at GameStop. Took all of 20 minutes. I was within my 30 day warranty though. I did decide to buy the 1 year warranty once they swapped me out. My wife fucked it up somehow. Stopped reading discs.
I'm over 30 days. You mean this thing doesn't have a 1 year warranty? Or are you referring to a warranty with Gamestop where you can just swap it through them?
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Quote:

You guys wouldn't be saying this if you were trying to beat it on veteran.

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I'm over 30 days. You mean this thing doesn't have a 1 year warranty? Or are you referring to a warranty with Gamestop where you can just swap it through them?

I don't know what kind of warranty it has through Sony. I was told 30 days. Which is why I bought the additional warranty when the first one fried. But yeah, the one I bought allows me to walk in and exchange it at GameStop.

Just call up whoever you bought it from, and see what they say.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOZMO

I have no desire to even try. I only played single player to get used to the controls. Once I beat it, I went online and haven't gone back to single player mode.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 06:43 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:

can't be true the ps3 never messes up like the xbox 360
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOZMO

Wouldn't be saying what?
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Time Served

I played the single player mode for all of about 30 seconds, and then went online. I donít know of any of these missions you guys are talking about. Killing computer opponents is boring.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 08:34 AM
is chilaxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
I played the single player mode for all of about 30 seconds, and then went online. I donít know of any of these missions you guys are talking about. Killing computer opponents is boring.

The AC130 mission is fucking awesome. Just wish that mission was a little longer.
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa
The AC130 mission is fucking awesome. Just wish that mission was a little longer.
Iím sure it cool, Iím just a SOCOM player on loan to COD right now, single player shooters donít do much for me, itís all about online play. The rumor is that SOCOM: Confrontation, the Slant Six SOCOM release has been canceled, and that nobody knows when the Zipper Interactive release is going to be released, soÖ

Guess Iíll be on loan for a while. ;(
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Iím sure it cool, Iím just a SOCOM player on loan to COD right now, single player shooters donít do much for me, itís all about online play. The rumor is that SOCOM: Confrontation, the Slant Six SOCOM release has been canceled, and that nobody knows when the Zipper Interactive release is going to be released, soÖ

Guess Iíll be on loan for a while. ;(

Resistance 2, Rainbox Six Vegas 2, and a few others are supposed to be released this spring. If Zipper Interactive can't get their heads out of their asses soon, I'm sure a better FPS will be an option soon enough.
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Anyone else getting a hideously long "Downloading Game Settings" message? For the past 3 days, it sits at that screen for at least 30 minutes.

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Anyone else getting a hideously long "Downloading Game Settings" message? For the past 3 days, it sits at that screen for at least 30 minutes.

Never had it that long. If it doesn't load within about 3 or 4 minutes, I restart my PS3 and router and am able to get right in. It's either that, or the server is down.
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Time Served

Quote:
You need to go to the far left in the PS3 menu and check you network connectivity. Itís called test network connection or something or the sorts. Anyhow the bottom of the test says NAT type, this should be NAT type 2, and if its NAT type 3 the PS3 has a hard time connecting. You can fix this by logging into your router/modem and setting you PS3s IP address as the DMZ, if you donít know how to do this look for your router/modem model number and go to protforward.com, they usually have step by step instructions on how to do so on your router/modem.

If you have already done this, then I guess youíre trying to connect to someone playing in Seattle or something.
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Never had it that long. If it doesn't load within about 3 or 4 minutes, I restart my PS3 and router and am able to get right in. It's either that, or the server is down.
I donít think they use conventional servers like SOCOM, otherwise when the host left the room the whole game wouldnít stop. That shit pisses me off really bad, 22-7 and the game stops because the host is a pussy getting his ass handed to him.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Resistance 2, Rainbox Six Vegas 2, and a few others are supposed to be released this spring. If Zipper Interactive can't get their heads out of their asses soon, I'm sure a better FPS will be an option soon enough.
Battlefield: Bad Company, I can't wait...

Resistance 2 is supposed to have 60 player matches, 30 on 30 anybody? That shit will be crazyÖ

edit: oh yeah Frontlines: Fuel of War looks good also.

Last edited by WhiteOut; 01-25-2008 at 01:44 PM.
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Battlefield: Bad Company, I can't wait...

Resistance 2 is supposed to have 60 player matches, 30 on 30 anybody? That shit will be crazyÖ

edit: oh yeah Frontlines: Fuel of War looks good also.

Yeah. I was reading in another thread that Resistance II will be the first FPS that takes full advantage of the capabilities of the PS3. I'll be all over the 30 on 30. The maps are going to have to be fucking HUGE though.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Yeah. I was reading in another thread that Resistance II will be the first FPS that takes full advantage of the capabilities of the PS3. I'll be all over the 30 on 30. The maps are going to have to be fucking HUGE though.
I havenít found anything on the size of the maps; hopefully they will make them big enough. I did read that itís going to be 64 players online, so 32 vs. 32.
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I havenít found anything on the size of the maps; hopefully they will make them big enough. I did read that itís going to be 64 players online, so 32 vs. 32.
holy smokes. i'm still hung up on COD4, but I'll def. pick that up when it comes out. 32 v 32?!

post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
holy smokes. i'm still hung up on COD4, but I'll def. pick that up when it comes out. 32 v 32?!

Everything I've seen, Resistance 2 is going to blow all other FPS games out of the fucking water. I think COD's online play is a little weak. Smaller teams, and stuff like that mainly. I do like the way you rank up in COD4 though.

Socom was a 16 vs 16, if I recall correctly. Going from 32 person game to a 12 person game kinda sucks donkey balls.
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Everything I've seen, Resistance 2 is going to blow all other FPS games out of the fucking water. I think COD's online play is a little weak. Smaller teams, and stuff like that mainly. I do like the way you rank up in COD4 though.

Socom was a 16 vs 16, if I recall correctly. Going from 32 person game to a 12 person game kinda sucks donkey balls.
SOCOMs map layouts are better than COD4, that and itís not a fucking respawn game. I hate respawn, it encourages retarded game play. If you have to sit your ass out for 3 minutes after you were a total dipshit rushing out and trying to kill as many people as possible in the first minute or two of the round and getting killed you think twice about doing that next round. Not so much with respawnÖit takes all the tactics out of the game, any noob can run around and spray and prey. Yes I know, there are no respawn games in COD4, but the game play was not designed for it, and itís just not the same.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
SOCOMs map layouts are better than COD4, that and itís not a fucking respawn game. I hate respawn, it encourages retarded game play. If you have to sit your ass out for 3 minutes after you were a total dipshit rushing out and trying to kill as many people as possible in the first minute or two of the round and getting killed you think twice about doing that next round. Not so much with respawnÖit takes all the tactics out of the game, any noob can run around and spray and prey. Yes I know, there are no respawn games in COD4, but the game play was not designed for it, and itís just not the same.

You want some cry fries to go with that Wahburger? Send me a text message if you get on tonight. I've got tons of shit to do, but can get on after the kids go to bed.
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Time Served

I agree, SOCOM was outstanding. The maps were generally great, lots of people playing with tactics, weapons were balanced, and NO MELEE.

SOCOM is the only game on PS3 that would make me switch from the 360, well maybe Resistance 2 some...
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3oostedCubes
I agree, SOCOM was outstanding. The maps were generally great, lots of people playing with tactics, weapons were balanced, and NO MELEE.

SOCOM is the only game on PS3 that would make me switch from the 360, well maybe Resistance 2 some...

SOCOM had a melee, somewhat. You could hit someone with your weapon as opposed to stabbing them. But I do believe you had to be out of ammo to do so.

I kinda like the melee. It's like a slap in the face for not paying attention.
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Time Served

Quote:
SOCOM had a melee, somewhat. You could hit someone with your weapon as opposed to stabbing them. But I do believe you had to be out of ammo to do so.

NM, hmm been a long time since I played.

Last edited by I3oostedCubes; 01-28-2008 at 05:51 PM.
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Time Served

Quote:

Some nights I play knives only, its funny stabbing people. I donít think SOCOM had a melee online. They did in the campaign but not onlineÖ
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Time Served

Quote:
You want some cry fries to go with that Wahburger?
Youíre just upset because youíre a spray and prey noob. lol
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Some nights I play knives only, its funny stabbing people. I donít think SOCOM had a melee online. They did in the campaign but not onlineÖ

Trust me, they did. I've had to use it before. Like I said, you had to run out of ammo to do it.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Youíre just upset because youíre a spray and prey noob. lol

Yep, you got me figured out.

I'm no spray and pray. I'm a fucking expert at blasting ppl in their kneecaps until they die, though. You don't want none, bitch!

I gotta get over running in to a bldg in HQ thinking I'm the first one there, only to be met by 3 or 4 from the other team mowing me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement