Ps3 game suggestions - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Professional Driver

Ps3 game suggestions

Just finished Assassin's Creed - It only took about a week and a half to beat playing it 1-2 hours a night. I'm glad I got it on sale because if I had paid $60 for it I would have been pissed off.

So now I am looking for a new game to kill time with - I'm considering Uncharted: Drakes Fortune or The Orange Box(Half Life compilation).

Anybody played these?? Love 'em/Hate 'em??

My biggest complaint about Assassin's Creed was that it was too repetitive and I don't want to buy another game like that.

Thanks In Advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevellejohn
Just finished Assassin's Creed - It only took about a week and a half to beat playing it 1-2 hours a night. I'm glad I got it on sale because if I had paid $60 for it I would have been pissed off.

So now I am looking for a new game to kill time with - I'm considering Uncharted: Drakes Fortune or The Orange Box(Half Life compilation).

Anybody played these?? Love 'em/Hate 'em??

My biggest complaint about Assassin's Creed was that it was too repetitive and I don't want to buy another game like that.

Thanks In Advance
I have Uncharted, and it's fun as hell... Lots of exploring, kinda like Tomb Raider with some 3rd person shooter thrown in the mix... I just started playing it, so I'm not too far into it enough to give a great review, but I would definitely buy it.

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 AM
We lost one.....

Go rent Resistance and play online. I love that damn game. Now just waiting for the release of Resident Evil 5.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:16 AM
is chilaxing

If you haven't played CoD 4....you're missing out. Especially online.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Lifer

(Puts on Chernovan Flame Suit) Warhawk FTW!!! OK OK
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 AM
We lost one.....

Everyone I've talked to says that Warhawk and Unreal Tournament suck on the PS3
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 AM
is chilaxing

There's gonna be some badass games coming out pretty soon.

GTA,MG and Killzone look pretty badass

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....c=abcat0700000
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlby123
(Puts on Chernovan Flame Suit) Warhawk FTW!!! OK OK

I think that game sucks.

Looks almost like syphon filter with revamped graphics.

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 AM
yes, jluv

I've been renting them from Blockbuster to find out which ones I like. They are 5 day rentals and you get a 7 day grace period with no late fees at all, so you can keep it for 12 days. If I like a game, I'll buy it. Saves money, and your progress from renting it is saved on the console. So far, I haven't played anything online.

Resistance: Fall of Man is cool. I ended up buying it after I rented it. It's badass to play split screen in co-op mode. My roommate and I beat it on easy, and recently found out that medium is ridiculously more difficult.

COD4 is very, very badass. Again, I haven't even played this online. It's fairly easy to beat on the easy mode. This is the coolest game I have played so far. I really wish it had a split screen co-op mode. Definitely buy this game.

Time Crisis 4 is a lot of fun. It's fast paced and using the gun makes for a more interactive experience. It will wear you out a lot faster though, so in a way it gets old if you try to play it straight through. You have to hang sensors from the top of your TV, which is kinda lame. Also, the gun is corded (why not Bluetooth?!?!?) and the cord is not very long at all. Maybe 10-12 feet. The biggest down side to this game is that you cannot buy a second gun separately. I think it would be kickass in 2 player mode, but I am having trouble justifying the purchase of another $80 game setup just to get another gun. The game is cool enough to warrant $80, but not $160. Supposedly there will be stand-alone guns available eventually.

I rented Assasin's Creed, and couldn't get into it. The storyline is too slow, and you can't skip through the bs between the action. The majority of the game is spent walking around, reminding me almost of Zelda, which I hated. The controller setup is much more complicated than it needs to be. The fighting is plain. The graphics are really cool, though. Maybe it gets better when you get deeper into the game, but I lost interest after the first hour or two.

I got Lair as a Christmas gift. I'm into dragons, and the game seems like it will be really badass. I just haven't really played it much at all. It relies heavily on use of the six-axis fucntion of the controller, which will take some getting used to. The very little bit I've played it seemed cool, I just haven't invested much time into it. I can see it being a game where you either love it or hate it.

I am currently playing Need For Speed Carbon, and I like it. It's worth buying. Cool game, and not so realistic to the point where it's really hard to drive. I was able to start winning races immediately. You could spend forever playing this game, even after you complete a career. My only gripe is that it always takes place at night. I found myself wanting a change of pace in the form of a daylight race.

I also have NBA 07. I picked it up really cheap (like $15), and still wasted my money. The instruction manual is useless, and doesn't explain half of the functions of the game. I could not find a tutorial in the game itself. having not played the 06 or any earlier versions, I didn't know what was going on and couldn't make shots for shit. Very frustrating, and just not worth the trouble. I have yet to try another b-ball game, but I'm sure there are better ones.

Same for Tiger Woods golf. I rented that game and took it back the next day. I've never golfed, so all of the terms and choices were completely foreign to me. If you have a clue about golf, you'd probably do fine. I could see it being a challenge and very enjoyable for golf enthusiasts.

Cars Maternational - only cool if you are under the age of 6. Why did I rent this game?

I think those are the only ones I've tried so far. if I think of any I missed, I will post up again.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:31 AM
is chilaxing

Hey jluv, if you ever get your wireless going, those top 2 games you mentioned in your post will be even better online.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:34 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa
Hey jluv, if you ever get your wireless going, those top 2 games you mentioned in your post will be even better online.

It's all hooked up and working, thanks to bcoop. I just have yet to dive into it. I keep hearing that it's the way to go.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:39 AM
is chilaxing

Would be cool if we get everybody here who has CoD to battle online.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
We lost one.....

I'll be renting COD4 and Resistance again tonite. Finally, my projector is coming today. Dish is swapping me to a HD receiver this afternoon. I can't wait. Gaming tonite and UFC in HD tomorrow.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:44 AM
yes, jluv

Oh, and Ninja Gaiden! Very cool game. I haven't played it enough to get very far, as it is quite a challenge. It seems like it will be a deep game with lots of cool new stuff as you get further through it.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Lifer

Uncharted has kept me entertained for awhile. That and CoD4 online!

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:26 AM
is chilaxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Oh, and Ninja Gaiden! Very cool game. I haven't played it enough to get very far, as it is quite a challenge. It seems like it will be a deep game with lots of cool new stuff as you get further through it.

That game is badass and pretty long to beat. Too bad part 2 is 360 exclusive.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:17 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyant50
Uncharted has kept me entertained for awhile.
I beat that last night. I played it for several hours on Sunday and then finished it off in less than 30 minutes last night. I didn't realize I was so close to the end. Cool game. It started out very slow and boring, and I almost gave up on it for that reason. It really got cool though when you get to be on the Jeep and then riding the jetski up the rapids was kickass. After that, the game gets really, really dark. I was not expecting it to take that kind of turn. I rented this, but I'll end up buying it to play the harder levels and to get more of the bonuses. In this game you literally go seamlessly from a visually stunning movie mode directly to actual game play, and I like that there is no crap on the screen like maps and status bars and whatnot. I was hoping that the chick would show more skin though. I guess that makes me a perv, but whatever.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
yes, jluv

I also rented MX vs ATV, expecting it to be really badass. I've played it less than an hour, but my initial impression is that it's a big letdown. Maybe I was expecting too much, or maybe I just haven't given it enough time. I'm going to play it some more and see if I change my mind.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes.....its a V6.

The god father was damn fun. Hours of play time as well.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement