Need advice on monitor? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Need advice on monitor?

I need a new TV/computer monitor I want to get a flat screen, 1080pi picture, and around 30inch how much is this going to run me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
well resolution wise you don't need to worry most of the 24"+ are atleast 1920x1200... Remember, your going to looking at a 16:10 ratio rather than the HDTV 16:9 (1920x1080). As far as price you will be around a $1000

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
well resolution wise you don't need to worry most of the 24"+ are atleast 1920x1200... Remember, your going to looking at a 16:10 ratio rather than the HDTV 16:9 (1920x1080). As far as price you will be around a $1000

ok let's say I am a cheap ass and dont want to spend more than 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
ok let's say I am a cheap ass and dont want to spend more than 400
the start looking on ebay or craigslist... Your not going to find a 30" LCD computer monitor for that much. You might be able to find a 720p plasma/lcd that has DVI input in that range, but any 1080P TV's are going to be close to $1000

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
the start looking on ebay or craigslist... Your not going to find a 30" LCD computer monitor for that much. You might be able to find a 720p plasma/lcd that has DVI input in that range, but any 1080P TV's are going to be close to $1000

ok sounds fair what brand is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
hell to bad they are out of stock. what about Dell? Now that I realize how much the larger tv/moniters go for what 24inch dell?

Firstmoniteronpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
hell to bad they are out of stock. what about Dell? Now that I realize how much the larger tv/moniters go for what 24inch dell?

Firstmoniteronpage
It's a good monitor, I have it at work no tuner though so it would strictly have to be a monitor. But if you still want that Vizio these two stores have it in stock:


Dallas
Wal-Mart Supercenter# 2667
7401 Samuell Blvd
Dallas, TX 75228
(214) 319-2616
6.51 miles
View Map & Details
Limited Stock

Dallas (Sw) (Duncvl
Wal-Mart Supercenter# 949
3155 W. Wheatland Road
Dallas (Sw) (Duncvl, TX 75237
(972) 709-1400
10.13 miles
View Map & Details
In Stock

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
It's a good monitor, I have it at work no tuner though so it would strictly have to be a monitor. But if you still want that Vizio these two stores have it in stock:


Dallas
Wal-Mart Supercenter# 2667
7401 Samuell Blvd
Dallas, TX 75228
(214) 319-2616
6.51 miles
View Map & Details
Limited Stock

Dallas (Sw) (Duncvl
Wal-Mart Supercenter# 949
3155 W. Wheatland Road
Dallas (Sw) (Duncvl, TX 75237
(972) 709-1400
10.13 miles
View Map & Details
In Stock

that sounds good!! what do you think about Westinghouse Digital??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Westinghouse should be fine. Look at www.techbargains.com - should have plenty of choices for around what you want to spend.
Grant is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Westinghouse should be fine. Look at www.techbargains.com - should have plenty of choices for around what you want to spend.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
that sounds good!! what do you think about Westinghouse Digital??
I have not had any experience with Westinghouse. I've had a Vizio LCD for about a year now, it's been great. No issues at all, good picture, and decent price. Of the budget screens I think Vizio is the best.

.
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
I have not had any experience with Westinghouse. I've had a Vizio LCD for about a year now, it's been great. No issues at all, good picture, and decent price. Of the budget screens I think Vizio is the best.

Ur info helps alot thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Don't think my input is much help but...

1. Check out www.maximumpc.com - lately they've been having a hard on for LCD/Larger screens.

2. IMO 22-24" is the sweet spot for cost vs features.

3. I like Dell, Gateway, Vizio, Samsung and a few other name brands.

4. I'd research every aspect prior to buying. There can be some hidden gotchas in these things.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Don't think my input is much help but...

1. Check out www.maximumpc.com - lately they've been having a hard on for LCD/Larger screens.

2. IMO 22-24" is the sweet spot for cost vs features.

3. I like Dell, Gateway, Vizio, Samsung and a few other name brands.

4. I'd research every aspect prior to buying. There can be some hidden gotchas in these things.

your input is very helpful thanks I think samsung makes westinghouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Texas Rangers #1
 
Kenny_Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 10,592
Kenny_Stang is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
That looks great I have actually decided to go with THIS


I am going to buy it at the end of the this month so it won't be that exact TV but they seem to be around 500 shiped maybe I will get lucky and get a better deal when I am ready to buy


THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome