Any custom maps for COD4? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Any custom maps for COD4?

Our office plays at lunch & after work..we need some new maps already..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 09:35 AM
is chilaxing

I know for ps3 there isn't any new maps. I pretty much use HQ and free for all. Couple of maps on there I hate.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
The Janitor

well, they have the special x-mas map out thats pretty entertaining.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa
I know for ps3 there isn't any new maps. I pretty much use HQ and free for all. Couple of maps on there I hate.

I fucking hate that shipping yard one. I jumpe out of the room any time it comes up. And for some reason, it seems nobody ever votes to skip that one.

Don't get me wrong, I like racking up kills. But I don't like racking up 15 kills when it's accompanied by 25 deaths. There is NOWHERE to go on that map.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
is chilaxing

When I play everybody skips that one. Yea, you need to rack up some kills. I saw your kill score(nodding my head). I've been tearing it up last few weeks. Do u just jump on or u got some peeps that play?
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
When I play everybody skips that one. Yea, you need to rack up some kills. I saw your kill score(nodding my head). I've been tearing it up last few weeks. Do u just jump on or u got some peeps that play?

When was the last time you checked it? When you sent me that invite, I had just bought the PS3 the day before and was ranked somewhere between 1-5. I've since ranked up to lvl 29 last time I noticed.

There's a couple ppl that I was in a clan with on Socom 3 and SCA, so I will jump on when they are playing. But usually, I just get on when I have some down time. I'm actually about to jump on here in a few. Gotta run smoke real quick, and then I'll be on.

EDIT: Just jumped on to check it. 729 kills and 136 assists. I'm happy.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
is chilaxing

After I play a few games, I go check my score in barracades to see where I fall in kills/wins and so forth. Since I added on there, I see your score as well. I checked last week maybe.

Edit...how many deaths.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
After I play a few games, I go check my score in barracades to see where I fall in kills/wins and so forth. Since I added on there, I see your score as well. I checked last week maybe.

Edit...how many deaths.

Way too fucking many.

For some reason you don't show on my leaderboards.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Semi-Banned

I tried playing COD4 online but wtf, that shit was kinda confusing, I played like a few maps but I don't know how I even got in. I was pretty much just pressing whatever.

Is that what everyone was referring to COD online sucks??
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
is chilaxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stng5Pnt8
I tried playing COD4 online but wtf, that shit was kinda confusing, I played like a few maps but I don't know how I even got in. I was pretty much just pressing whatever.

Is that what everyone was referring to COD online sucks??

They were referring to trying to get online. They had a patch that "fixed" the online issue. I don't have trbl getting online anymore.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 06:46 PM
is chilaxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Way too fucking many.

For some reason you don't show on my leaderboards.

Just send me an invite I guess. It added you on when I sent you an invite.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Lifer

12k kills so far. but i have seen any custom maps anywhere yet, im sure there will be some before long though

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stng5Pnt8

How in the hell is it confusing? Kill the other team, don't shoot your own team, and complete the objectives. Not confusing at all. Are you new to video games?
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM
yes, jluv

I really like COD4 but have never played it (or any other game) online. I'm not computer savvy enough to get all that shit going.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
I really like COD4 but have never played it (or any other game) online. I'm not computer savvy enough to get all that shit going.

You on PS2 or PS3? Holler at me. It's not hard at all. I can swing by and set it up for you over a Crown & Coke or three.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
You on PS2 or PS3? Holler at me. It's not hard at all. I can swing by and set it up for you over a Crown & Coke or three.

That sounds like a plan. I have the PS3.

I have DSL, and my modem(?) and my computer are in one room far away from the PS3 and TV. I really don't want to run a long ass cable. I have a wireless router, but I don't know if that's what I need. I also have a DSL outlet in the room with the PS3 and TV, but I heard it needs the modem. Fuck, I really don't know shit about computers.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
That sounds like a plan. I have the PS3.

I have DSL, and my modem(?) and my computer are in one room far away from the PS3 and TV. I really don't want to run a long ass cable. I have a wireless router, but I don't know if that's what I need. I also have a DSL outlet in the room with the PS3 and TV, but I heard it needs the modem. Fuck, I really don't know shit about computers.

Your PS3 is wireless. That's how mine is set up, and it works fucking great. I was a bit worried about slower speeds via wireless, especially when it comes to gaming. But I haven't had a single problem yet.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Your PS3 is wireless. That's how mine is set up, and it works fucking great. I was a bit worried about slower speeds via wireless, especially when it comes to gaming. But I haven't had a single problem yet.

What does that mean? Do I just plug up the wireless router in the computer room and the PS3 will find it?
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
What does that mean? Do I just plug up the wireless router in the computer room and the PS3 will find it?

Kinda. You have to make sure the wireless router is connected, and on. Then you have to tell the PS3 that you want wireless, because it's set up to be wired with cat5 from the factory. It's really pretty simple. I'll swing by one night this week and set it up for you. Assuming your wireless network is flawless, it will take less than 5 minutes.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:13 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Kinda. You have to make sure the wireless router is connected, and on. Then you have to tell the PS3 that you want wireless, because it's set up to be wired with cat5 from the factory. It's really pretty simple. I'll swing by one night this week and set it up for you. Assuming your wireless network is flawless, it will take less than 5 minutes.

Sweet.
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 PM
PVC Racing

yea I love playing the shipping yard one. Last time I played it I got 70 something kills and 50 something deaths on headquarters. I use the MP5 gun for that one and 3 frag grenades .

Most everyone always wants to skip it.

But I play on Xbox

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Racist....that means you!

The only thing on COD4 on PS3 I have been able to play lately is the old school hardcore team deathmatch. Can't get into any of the other games.

my name is:
mrbigdingus
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 07:30 AM
is chilaxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
The only thing on COD4 on PS3 I have been able to play lately is the old school hardcore team deathmatch. Can't get into any of the other games.

my name is:
mrbigdingus
wonder why
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Can't get into any of the other games.

Por que?

I do know that the servers went down on Friday night, and again on Sunday and were out for some time. I sure hope it's the game makers servers, and not Sony's. Rainbow Six 2:Vegas is coming out in March. I hope their online gaming is set up a bit better. COD4 isn't terrible, but there are a couple things I don't like about the way it's set up.

Jared - You've got my number. Call me when you get off work tonight. I'll swing by and get your wireless set up.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:

my name is:
mrbigdingus
oldcore is awesome

my tag is:

doogledz.

and speaking of map skippage, I think the only one that I will instantly skip anymore is Bloc. That level is just annoying as shit.

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Por que?

I do know that the servers went down on Friday night, and again on Sunday and were out for some time. I sure hope it's the game makers servers, and not Sony's. Rainbow Six 2:Vegas is coming out in March. I hope their online gaming is set up a bit better. COD4 isn't terrible, but there are a couple things I don't like about the way it's set up.

Jared - You've got my number. Call me when you get off work tonight. I'll swing by and get your wireless set up.
Actually, I don't. I thought I did, but I can't find it. I know it has a bunch of 5s. lol.

I work until 7 tonight and then I'm cooking dinner and shit. I just polished off a bottle and need to re-up on Crown anyway. What are you doing tomorrow night?
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Actually, I don't. I thought I did, but I can't find it. I know it has a bunch of 5s. lol.

I work until 7 tonight and then I'm cooking dinner and shit. I just polished off a bottle and need to re-up on Crown anyway. What are you doing tomorrow night?

Nothing that I can think of. That might work better anyways. A coworker's Dad passed away yesterday, which also happens to be a day after the coworker filed for divorce from his wife, so we are all going to happy hour to get him happy after work.

I'll pm you the #.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
oldcore is awesome

my tag is:

doogledz.

and speaking of map skippage, I think the only one that I will instantly skip anymore is Bloc. That level is just annoying as shit.
I play it all..(online PC only)

my tag is: CrazyMofo
Master Gunnery Segeant l
Stats:
900 kills
496 deaths
150 headshots
30 kill streak
11hrs played
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
The Janitor

do you have Xfire tommy? Its like an IM service for gaming and connecting to your friends games.

Me and 2001_GT play with some of our friends and we use xfire to connect in and ventrilo to talk shit to each other. My xfire name is GodofWarTx.

If you want to throw down on some COD4 in the evenings, let a cracka know! =D
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Lifer

deadlunatic on xfire if you wanna get owned

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
do you have Xfire tommy? Its like an IM service for gaming and connecting to your friends games.

Me and 2001_GT play with some of our friends and we use xfire to connect in and ventrilo to talk shit to each other. My xfire name is GodofWarTx.

If you want to throw down on some COD4 in the evenings, let a cracka know! =D
never used xfire...I use team speak sometimes though. I don't play much. I'll pm you a day or 2 before I play again. You can shoot me your favorite server ip address...
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 PM
PVC Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY
I play it all..(online PC only)

my tag is: CrazyMofo
Master Gunnery Segeant l
Stats:
900 kills
496 deaths
150 headshots
30 kill streak
11hrs played

damn very nice kill to death ratio. I like the 30 kill streak to , very nice. Mines only 19 kill streak and I have like 3 or 4 days played. I know my kill to death ratio is like .93. I like dying alot

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Lifer

14891 kills
1448 headshots
2026 assists
34 streak
8577 deaths

4 days and some hours of play so far.

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 AM
600 plus a few

I like most of the maps, and I love that really small one, shipping i think. The only one I cant stand is the rainy map, but thats just because it murders my framerate

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT
14891 kills
1448 headshots
2026 assists
34 streak
8577 deaths

4 days and some hours of play so far.
very nice
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
I fucking hate that shipping yard one. I jumpe out of the room any time it comes up. And for some reason, it seems nobody ever votes to skip that one.

Don't get me wrong, I like racking up kills. But I don't like racking up 15 kills when it's accompanied by 25 deaths. There is NOWHERE to go on that map.
Yo Brent.

I think I saw you online on your PS3 playing te other day.

Add me to your friends list.

Oneslowbird nucka head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement