iPod Touch Alerts - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Exclamation iPod Touch Alerts

http://www.freewebs.com/itouchalert/

What do you guys think? Restore the jailbroken units and ebrace the update? Or disconnect from the internet everytime you sync with iTunes?

I assumed that the updates were optional.

Macworld 2008 - Now says that 1.1.3 will be out around January 20th, but its not a user friendly update. I have proven facts and enough evidence to prove that the 1.1.3 update will also potentially be able to brick jailbroken iPod Touches. The 1.1.3 update itself isn't what is going to be jailbreaking your iPod, the restore feature will be updated. The restore button will now detect third-party applications. We now have no safe way of restoring our iPod which will break the development of jailbreak, this isn't good news. The restore feature will give you a nasty error, that basically makes your iPod worthless, and unusable. Questions:

Q: How do I know this is going to happen?

A: I, myself have talked to certain people that work for Apple, not asking directly but asking in ways "how do you feel about this" "how will you attempt to stop." Also, if you do a little bit of research or just think ahead you will be able to see this coming.

Q: What?! Can Apple BRICK our iPods?!

A: Of course, you are using third party applications. They can make it unusable any time they wanted to. Its as simple as that.

Q: What should I do?

A: Around January 15th I would do a system restore, so your iPod will be fresh, an update is coming in Jan. and the popular SDK which will be early or late Feb. SDK is also a major issue, Apple is spending time to do this, they don't want third party applications getting in the way.

Q: Ok, I just don't update iTunes and ill be fine?

A: Actually, iTunes won't be getting updated to my knowledge, the restore button will be getting the update which just gives an error to people using third party application.

Q: I'm fine with my jailbroken 1.1.1/1.1.2 ipod, and have no need to restore, ill be fine right?

A: If you are fine with your current version and don't want updates thats up to you, if your ipod is in need of a restore your out of luck, better luck next time.

Bookmark this site, I will be updating it with every new thing I hear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:48 AM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Windows mobile devices FTW!!!

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

I believe that this just may be propaganda

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 06:45 AM
duh...duh....duh

Yeah....the all mighty apple product is no better then any MS product if they pull that crap. (idc either way.)

My '03 Sold.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Lifer

I think its jus BS so they can get people to go back and restore. But i'm sure people will find a way around it. And i updates are optional. Well at least on the iphone. I've finally jailbroken mine and am running 1.1.2 w/o any problems. Yet. But you think apple will jus brick them and never allow you to use them again? I mean they might say you have to restore it but i dont think they'd brick them jus to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement