Anyone know about XP black edition... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Anyone know about XP black edition...

not the theme...but the black custom edition with all the nice software thats cracked. Reading conflicting stuff about malware attached to the OS. Also, is it bootable?

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:25 PM
El Camino
 
Stang2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: in front of the keyboard
Posts: 3,432
hacked/modded version of xp with mods to make look like vista. Not a legit version released by MS, install at your own risk.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Stang2be is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang2be
hacked/modded version of xp with mods to make look like vista. Not a legit version released by MS, install at your own risk.
Any reviews on it?

Or is it not official...so you could download from place "A" and be fine, or place "B" and be f'ed?

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Any reviews on it?

Or is it not official...so you could download from place "A" and be fine, or place "B" and be f'ed?
Thats waht Im wondering about. I have seen it a few places but I dont want to get one swarmed in viruses/trojans

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
If I could download an ISO, I can load it onto a virtual machine to check it out.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 AM
He's no good to me dead.
 
Bobba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fett's vette
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
not the theme...but the black custom edition with all the nice software thats cracked. Reading conflicting stuff about malware attached to the OS. Also, is it bootable?
There was a Jun verison that has mailware attached...it was a mistake from using a crack included in the ISO. These "hacked" versions were available to demonoid users (had to be registered to the site I believe??)

Personally, just build a system with the software that you want and make an image of it...just my .02
Bobba Fett is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Lifer
 
JimD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Haughton,La,USA
Posts: 14,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobba Fett
There was a Jun verison that has mailware attached...it was a mistake from using a crack included in the ISO. These "hacked" versions were available to demonoid users (had to be registered to the site I believe??)
Yep, i d/l mine from demonoid, its pretty slick an i haven't found any problems with it. Installed it on a secondary desktop. I really wish demonoid would come back(down for 2 months now)
JimD is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 07:25 AM
He's no good to me dead.
 
Bobba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fett's vette
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
Yep, i d/l mine from demonoid, its pretty slick an i haven't found any problems with it. Installed it on a secondary desktop. I really wish demonoid would come back(down for 2 months now)
Yea, me too
Bobba Fett is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 06:24 AM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Haha...

Roliath is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome