Whats the hang up with Wii's - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Whats the hang up with Wii's

I am not knocking the Wii, I am just trying to understand this big hang up on getting a Wii. What is so special about the Wii, I understand it puts you "in" the game. Other than that, not really sure.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Lifer

Its the "cool new toy" that everybody wants, and to probably sell. I don't see the big deal with them myself, crappy graphics and kiddy games don't appeal to me. But maybe the fatass American children will get some excerise these days since they have to do some physical movement to play a game with the WEEEEEs controller

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 AM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX
Its the "cool new toy" that everybody wants, and to probably sell. I don't see the big deal with them myself, crappy graphics and kiddy games don't appeal to me. But maybe the fatass American children will get some excerise these days since they have to do some physical movement to play a game with the WEEEEEs controller
My arms hurt when I play boxing

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 PM
LUCIFER

The Wii is so popular b/c of the interaction with the games you play. I haven't played one yet but everyone that I know of who has says it's fun.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Lifer

THANK the news media....... kids see the Wii are the hot product and parents are inclined to get their little spoiled brat one.

What kills me is the Wii has been out for months, and not sold out, now its a fucking frenzy to have one. i hand carried one yesterday through the airport and had 2 people damn serious about buying my Wii for 450.00. If it was my Wii it would have been sold, but i bought it for a buddy of mine.

just like the PS2 phase, tickle me elmo, etc............. media hype. the Wii is cool, but not that damn cool. i sure as hell can wait to get one.

85 SVO 2.7t coming soon
Old 438whp 1/8th??
Older 375whp [email protected]

We will never forget you WILD 42!
Friends I've Lost

Even if you make something dummy-proof, the world makes a better dummy.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa4banger
What kills me is the Wii has been out for months, and not sold out, now its a fucking frenzy to have one.
You must not have been looking for them because they have been selling out all year.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 12:36 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM
You must not have been looking for them because they have been selling out all year.
Yep, I used to go to best buy all the time and would see like 2 or 3 on the shelves, and people would be buying them like crazy. I only got one for my gf a month ago, and I had to go like 6 different places to find one, luckily a circuit city by my house had 2 in stock.

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

thanks for the input, I didn't think there was anything special about them. I thought maybe I was missing something. Love the comment about the fatass kids.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Lifer

The wife hates video games...but she wants a wii. So she can play the bowling and tennis...so its something who family can play..
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 02:55 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Crappy graphics? Have you bothered to look at anything beyond Wii Sports?

Metroid Prime 3, and Mario Galaxy are widely considered to have some of the best graphics on any console.

And all the games can be played comfortably lounging on the couch, even Wii Sports, if you want to play that way. You don't have to move around to play the games.

Quote:
What kills me is the Wii has been out for months, and not sold out, now its a fucking frenzy to have one.
It's been out a year, and it's been almost consistently sold out all over the nation since it was released last November. Seeing one on the store shelves, all year, has been rare at best. The frenzy hasn't just started, it's been going for a year.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Crappy graphics? Have you bothered to look at anything beyond Wii Sports?

Metroid Prime 3, and Mario Galaxy are widely considered to have some of the best graphics on any console.
I don't really look at the Wii unless they have a demo and from what I have seen its just a beefed up Gamecude. I could be wrong but I think I read some where that it was stated the Wii is 2x more powerfull then the PS2 graphic wise. I like my games in HD and with online capabilities. So again I don't see the big deal other than a novelty game console playing kids games with a active remote controller sorry

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 03:39 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Gunga galunga

^ditto DarkWolf... Whats crazy are the adults that love it, I think there are a lot of parents out there that want it more than their kids. You can seriously give a wii to a person that has never played a video game in their life, and within 10mins they will be smiling.

Its great for a party (drunken wii sports FTW), or playing a serious title like resident evil... good shit! And it has online play too, just hasn't been utilized much yet...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 03:43 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Hahaha, nice.

post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 03:52 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Sad you can't afford one, eh?

Wii is cool. Certainly gets played more than the PS/3 and Xbox in my house.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
(drunken wii sports)
that's pretty much the ultimate use for that console.

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
that's pretty much the ultimate use for that console.
It always starts out the same; a slurred challenge at wii golf, then its all down hill from there

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Lifer

When Im by myself and want to kill some time then its the 360 but when there is a visitors then its the Wii and I have to say that I have yet to run across anyone that did not like it.

For $250, its a bargain!
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
I could be wrong but I think I read some where that it was stated the Wii is 2x more powerfull then the PS2 graphic wise. I like my games in HD and with online capabilities. So again I don't see the big deal other than a novelty game console playing kids games with a active remote controller sorry
2x more powerful than the Gamecube, yes. Gamecube was more powerful than PS2. And Metroid Prime 3 is hardly what one could call a "kids" game. Nor is Resident Evil 4, Ghost Squad, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Manhunt 2, Godfather: Blackhand Edition... among others.

Can't help you with the HD (other than I have mine hooked up to my HD set and it looks fantastic), but there are some online titles for the Wii (not nearly as many as the 360 or even PS3, but they are there), and more are on the way. (Examples: Guitar Hero 3 (same online as 360 and PS3, downloads are coming early next year), Mario Strikers Charged (full multiplayer matchups), Metroid Prime 3 (not multiplayer, more like achievements and trading achievements to unlock more things). There's more, of course)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart online? Oh HELL yes!

DarkWolf
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Sad you can't afford one, eh?
WTF makes you think I can't afford one

post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 08:52 AM
not exclude

Gonna have to go ahead and say Metroid Prime is pretty far from being stellar in the graphics category. Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii, but the console is already showing its hardware limitations.
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
2x more powerful than the Gamecube, yes. Gamecube was more powerful than PS2. And Metroid Prime 3 is hardly what one could call a "kids" game. Nor is Resident Evil 4, Ghost Squad, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Manhunt 2, Godfather: Blackhand Edition... among others.

Can't help you with the HD (other than I have mine hooked up to my HD set and it looks fantastic), but there are some online titles for the Wii (not nearly as many as the 360 or even PS3, but they are there), and more are on the way. (Examples: Guitar Hero 3 (same online as 360 and PS3, downloads are coming early next year), Mario Strikers Charged (full multiplayer matchups), Metroid Prime 3 (not multiplayer, more like achievements and trading achievements to unlock more things). There's more, of course)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart online? Oh HELL yes!
GH3 is already out on Wii, or are you talking about the downloads that are coming out next year?
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Gonna have to go ahead and say Metroid Prime is pretty far from being stellar in the graphics category. Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii, but the console is already showing its hardware limitations.
It looks like someone might be a fan boy. Well, after getting mine the other night and debating on whether to sell it or not, I broke it out of the box. It's the most BORING gaming system I have ever played. Yes I said boring, my Atari was more fun and so was my original Nintendo. I hope some of the other games are better.

Oh, and you must be crazy if you think the Gamecube was more powerful than a PS2. I would say the Wii might be slightly better than a PS2 when it comes to graphics, but it can't even begin to touch a 360 or PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz
you've gotta blow....THEN suck it down
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:00 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
GH3 is already out on Wii, or are you talking about the downloads that are coming out next year?
Yeah, was talking about the downloads coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leda
It looks like someone might be a fan boy. Well, after getting mine the other night and debating on whether to sell it or not, I broke it out of the box. It's the most BORING gaming system I have ever played. Yes I said boring, my Atari was more fun and so was my original Nintendo. I hope some of the other games are better.
What game(s) did you play? I'd guess you stuck with Wii Sports, annnnd you played it alone. That game (or set of games) is meant to be played with others. It's not very fun solo.

Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess = great solo games. Give 'em a try. Rent them if you don't want to chance a purchase.

Quote:
Oh, and you must be crazy if you think the Gamecube was more powerful than a PS2. I would say the Wii might be slightly better than a PS2 when it comes to graphics, but it can't even begin to touch a 360 or PS3.
Now this sounds like a fanboy rant. Seriously, the PS2 was the weakest system of the last generation. That doesn't mean the games looked terrible, just that compared to the Xbox and Gamecube, they were visibly less complex.

Quote:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/815/815424p1.html
"What Retro has done with Nintendo's underpowered console is nothing short of amazing, of course, but if you dare to compare Prime 3's visuals to games beyond Wii, you'll notice a chasm in technology. The artistry? We'd pit it against anything on the high-definition-ready consoles with confidence."

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/m...Breview&page=2
"Like its predecessors, Corruption features superb art direction, so every level is even more incredible to explore than the last."

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredart...?id=530&page=2
"It is a magnificent return to form for the series; Retro's art team reinforces its position among the best in the industry. Locations simply ooze atmosphere and personality"

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3162330
"let's get into Corruption's major accomplishment: the graphics. Or should I say, the artwork. After a few relatively simple early areas, Corruption blooms into colorful and elaborate designs that are thick with atmosphere. [...] Amazing as it is to say about a Wii game, Corruption contains some of the best visuals in gaming, period. It can't always mask the hardware's technical limitations (pixelation every time you're up close waiting for a door to open, for example), but in most cases the lighting, attention to detail, and wonderfully cohesive and imaginative art direction more than make up for the Wii's lack of raw horsepower. Put it this way: I found myself wandering through rooms two or three times just to look at them. How many games on any system can you say that about?"

Like I said, it's pretty widely regarded as having some of the most impressive graphics (I suspect by that you inferred simply polygonal complexity and resolution. Graphics are that, but also, and IMO more importantly, the art direction. That is clearly where Prime 3, and Galaxy shine. Even Zelda: Twilight Princess had very impressive art direction.)

DarkWolf
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 11:27 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Yeah, was talking about the downloads coming.

What game(s) did you play? I'd guess you stuck with Wii Sports, annnnd you played it alone. That game (or set of games) is meant to be played with others. It's not very fun solo.

Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess = great solo games. Give 'em a try. Rent them if you don't want to chance a purchase.

Now this sounds like a fanboy rant. Seriously, the PS2 was the weakest system of the last generation. That doesn't mean the games looked terrible, just that compared to the Xbox and Gamecube, they were visibly less complex.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/815/815424p1.html
"What Retro has done with Nintendo's underpowered console is nothing short of amazing, of course, but if you dare to compare Prime 3's visuals to games beyond Wii, you'll notice a chasm in technology. The artistry? We'd pit it against anything on the high-definition-ready consoles with confidence."

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/m...Breview&page=2
"Like its predecessors, Corruption features superb art direction, so every level is even more incredible to explore than the last."

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredart...?id=530&page=2
"It is a magnificent return to form for the series; Retro's art team reinforces its position among the best in the industry. Locations simply ooze atmosphere and personality"

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3162330
"let's get into Corruption's major accomplishment: the graphics. Or should I say, the artwork. After a few relatively simple early areas, Corruption blooms into colorful and elaborate designs that are thick with atmosphere. [...] Amazing as it is to say about a Wii game, Corruption contains some of the best visuals in gaming, period. It can't always mask the hardware's technical limitations (pixelation every time you're up close waiting for a door to open, for example), but in most cases the lighting, attention to detail, and wonderfully cohesive and imaginative art direction more than make up for the Wii's lack of raw horsepower. Put it this way: I found myself wandering through rooms two or three times just to look at them. How many games on any system can you say that about?"

Like I said, it's pretty widely regarded as having some of the most impressive graphics (I suspect by that you inferred simply polygonal complexity and resolution. Graphics are that, but also, and IMO more importantly, the art direction. That is clearly where Prime 3, and Galaxy shine. Even Zelda: Twilight Princess had very impressive art direction.)
Good grief, considering I was talking specifically about hardware (see post) you put up a wall of text responding with absolutely nothing. Yes, there is some very good artwork and design in some of the Wii games, nonetheless, the Wii is already showing the limitations of its hardware.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian

I love seeing DarkWolf's 2 page post of ownage.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 04:34 PM
老师

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
x2. I don't think anyone here is more equipped for a battle of console wits. I've seen nothing but striking console knowledge posted by him.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Not to start anything, but I haven't seen anything that proves anything.

Did the xbox out do the PS2, yes. Did the Gamecube out do the PS2, I would say they were on par with one another. Don't get me wrong, I would own either before owning an xbox. If I remember correctly, the PS2 launched almost a year before both of those systems, giving Microsoft and Nintendo the advantage to build a better system.

The Wii isn't bad, but I seriously enjoyed playing my Super Nintendo more. I actually prefer the Gamecube to the Wii . The Wii, as I have stated to others, is primarily for the younger generation (sub 13 years old).

I guess I'm strange when it comes to graphics, I consider artwork and graphics two different categories. You can have an awesome game based off artwork, yet the same game wouldn't be near as fun with real world graphics (which is where the Nintendo systems have always shined). However, you can have a game that is great with real world graphics that sucks with artwork (which is where the xbox and ps systems shine imo).

Edit: The fastest link I found to the Gamecube's release date (November 5, 2001): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_gamecube

I can't find the actual US release date for the Playstation 2 but (it was released in Japan in the year 2000): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2

Quote:

Last edited by leda; 12-15-2007 at 05:14 PM.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

I'll stick with my atari.

post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 07:16 PM
老师

Quote:
Not to start anything, but I haven't seen anything that proves anything.

Did the xbox out do the PS2, yes. Did the Gamecube out do the PS2, I would say they were on par with one another. Don't get me wrong, I would own either before owning an xbox. If I remember correctly, the PS2 launched almost a year before both of those systems, giving Microsoft and Nintendo the advantage to build a better system.

The Wii isn't bad, but I seriously enjoyed playing my Super Nintendo more. I actually prefer the Gamecube to the Wii . The Wii, as I have stated to others, is primarily for the younger generation (sub 13 years old).

I guess I'm strange when it comes to graphics, I consider artwork and graphics two different categories. You can have an awesome game based off artwork, yet the same game wouldn't be near as fun with real world graphics (which is where the Nintendo systems have always shined). However, you can have a game that is great with real world graphics that sucks with artwork (which is where the xbox and ps systems shine imo).

Edit: The fastest link I found to the Gamecube's release date (November 5, 2001): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_gamecube

I can't find the actual US release date for the Playstation 2 but (it was released in Japan in the year 2000): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2
just because you haven't SEEN anything, doesn't mean that the gamecube isn't a better machine than the ps2. the gamecube never really reached it's full potential because of lack of support from third party companies.
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I. Am. God.

i just go to my friend's house and play his 360

1994 Cobra Pace Car For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56482
only on DFWstangs...
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiladin
just because you haven't SEEN anything, doesn't mean that the gamecube isn't a better machine than the ps2. the gamecube never really reached it's full potential because of lack of support from third party companies.
And you have SEEN something? Or even read anything? Because I haven't either. Now, if you would at least provide some kind of evidence to support your idea, I suppose you could be correct. Until then, I will continue to believe that game designers didn't make crappy games for the system, just so Nintendo could say it never reached it's full potential.

Quote:
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 01:42 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
And you have SEEN something? Or even read anything? Because I haven't either. Now, if you would at least provide some kind of evidence to support your idea, I suppose you could be correct. Until then, I will continue to believe that game designers didn't make crappy games for the system, just so Nintendo could say it never reached it's full potential.
While it's difficult to compare exclusive titles, because what looks/works better is pretty subjective. However, take a 3rd party title, like Resident Evil 4. The Gamecube version, graphically, is superior to the PS2 version, whether it's textures, geometry, or lighting.

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/re/RE%20Comp.htm

and here's another (mouse over the pictures to switch to the PS2 version)
http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256

And that's why the Wii version is considered the definitive one, because it's got the Gamecube version's graphics, and the additional content added to the PS2's version (the Separate Ways storyline). The PC version was ported from the PS2, using the PS2's assets (lower resolution textures, lower poly-count models, uniform lighting instead of dynamic lighting, etc).

DarkWolf
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Lifer

The second link is a pretty good comparison. How did the final game turn out? It would be interesting to see the production shots instead of demo. Either way, I'm not bashing the Gamecube, I actually liked it alot (just never got around to buying one). In fact, I enjoyed playing it more than any other Nintendo system. Unfortunately, so far the Wii has just been a boring system to me. For the most part, I think it falls back to controller design, the type of signal used for the controllers (having to have a sensor bar), and because I don't play as many younger kids games like the developers focus on most.

Quote:

Last edited by leda; 12-16-2007 at 10:53 AM.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 01:26 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Not sure about the second link, but I know the first link are shots from the final games, and there's also some video comparisons for some of them too.

I'm still curious though, what other games on the Wii have you played? There's really not that many "kid" games, so much as there's a lot of E rated games (like Mario Galaxy, Excite Truck, and Super Paper Mario), there's also T rated games (like Metroid, Zelda, and Smash Bros. Brawl when it comes out next year), and M rated games (like Resident Evil 4, and Manhunt 2)

But maybe it's a difference in what we consider "kid" games. For me, kid games are the overtly child friendly games, like the Hannah Montana's, or Bee Movie, or Cars.

DarkWolf
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Lifer

On the second link the guys posting mention it being pre-release.

I haven't played the Wii much, considering it is suppose to be a Christmas gift for the significant other. I have to put it up before she comes home from work. Plus I'm addicted to WarHawk.

Lol, yeah I consider anything Mario related a kid game. Don't get me wrong, I like them, which is why I bought a Wii to go with my PS3.

Every game you listed except the M rated ones and a few of the T rated ones to me are kid games. Of course, that stems from the types of games we had available when I was growing up. You didn't have many shooter games back then (except flying around in a space ship shooting). I even consider Metroid and Zelda semi kid games (the old version, I haven't got to play the new ones, but they are both on my list to buy).

Quote:

Last edited by leda; 12-16-2007 at 04:44 PM.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
not exclude

Darkwolf, you are the fanboi to end all fanbois :P
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

The Wii launched last year when the PS3 did... I understood the rush to get one last year, but this year too?

I think parents need to calm the hell down and stop creating the re-sale profit margins that ebay is seeing... Hell they aren't even that cool!

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 AM
dead

my roommate has a 360 and a wii
other roommate has a ps3.

i dont care for any of them but the wii is the best for group gaming.

other than sports/racing games, id prefer a pc instead of xbox or ps3.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 01:21 PM
$uper $low

Wow, someone is nut-huggin on the Wii pretty badly, and is obviously just a nintendo fanboi.
Since the game cube, nintendo has pointed its direction to family/group fun in one household. Even though nintendo does have some "M" games, its not their goal, and not their strong point.
One other thing i haven't liked about nintendo since the game-cube. . . they try so frickin hard to be different, that they make sacrifices in other areas. In the latest case, its the hardware potential of the system. Thats ok when you're building a system for drunks and little kids though.
Now i LOVED playing mario, sonic, and crash games back in the day, but right now, i'd rather play Halo, COD4, Gran Turismo, Forza, Gears of War, GTA series, and the likes. When you have a huge ass TV, even games that require split screen for multiplayer are still pretty damn fun.
The 360 has it packed down, as far as network gaming on a console can get. PS3 hasn't really shined yet, or put out a title that makes me want to sell everything and grab one an expensive gameing console, with a blu-ray player that i could give a shit less about. I'd rather just pirate my movies like normal, and watch them through my nice Media Center extender called Xbox 360.
Nintendo has been, and always will be aimed towards a younger audience.
Think of Nintendo as weed. . ..its a gateway system to other more serious systems.

Last edited by Godmagnus; 12-17-2007 at 01:30 PM.
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I haven't played the Wii much, considering it is suppose to be a Christmas gift for the significant other.
so have you just been playing Wii sports alone... as stated before wii sports is the shit when playing in groups...i only play wii sports on 2 occastions 1 is when i take it to my friends rehersal studio (drunk wii = awesome) 2 is when family comes over

Quote:
Lol, yeah I consider anything Mario related a kid game. Don't get me wrong, I like them, which is why I bought a Wii to go with my PS3.

Every game you listed except the M rated ones and a few of the T rated ones to me are kid games. Of course, that stems from the types of games we had available when I was growing up. You didn't have many shooter games back then (except flying around in a space ship shooting). I even consider Metroid and Zelda semi kid games (the old version, I haven't got to play the new ones, but they are both on my list to buy).
i can see where you're coming from (about mario being a kid game) though i dont consider it a kid game I can't argue against your point... so i'll just say i kinda sorta dissagree
but Metroid and Zelda are NOT... kid games twilight princes is in the top 3 best zelda games and probably the darkest in the series...

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Lifer

Well, Zelda and Metroid aren't exactly kids games, but they aren't full grown man games either (no pun intended).

Schargedcobra97, I don't have any other games to try out other than sports. After browsing all the available titles however there are a max of about 5 that I want. Two of those are Mario based games, so that leaves very little selection for me .

STROKD, we weren't talking about the release of the Wii and PS3. Just the Gamecube and PS2 release.

momo stallion, yeah, I have always been more of a PC fan myself. However, there are alot of fun aspects to the game consoles. The Wii is fun for kids and alot of people at one time, and the PS3 is extremely close to being just like a PC.

Godmagnus, for the 360 to be comparably equipped to the PS3, you would spend more money than to just buy a PS3. Of course, if you don't want to watch movies in any form of Hi-def, I could see where the HD player or Blu ray wouldn't benefit you. However, the PS3 has way more capabilities than the 360.

The one feature of the PS3 I want to explore is with the PSP. Unfortunately, I don't have a PSP and I sure don't plan on spending $200 on one.

Quote:
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 PM
not exclude

Wutcha been up to Charlie?
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Wutcha been up to Charlie?
just school man! only have 27 hrs left so im planning on finishing this summer. oh and still having dreams about my old cobras haha... what you been up to you?

leda: well I have a 360 and a wii.. so i'll say to me the wii is more "fun" but the 360 has some sweet ass games the two systems are used for two different things i guess (to me)

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:54 AM
dead

Quote:
momo stallion, yeah, I have always been more of a PC fan myself. However, there are alot of fun aspects to the game consoles. The Wii is fun for kids and alot of people at one time, and the PS3 is extremely close to being just like a PC.

yea, the ps3 is about 3 times better than most machine out there (processor wise anyways).

i just cant deal with the 2 joystick aiming. ive hated it since its halo on big xbox. thats why i dont play FPS games on console, only computer. sports/racing games are fine.

mouse and keyboard. seems like a few games are adding in support so there is a positive.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Lifer

Schargedcobra97, I understand that, which is why I had to buy a Wii to go with my PS3, lol. Just hoping the games I get for the Wii will be fun. Sadly, the games department is where the PS3 is still lacking, but they are starting to show up.

momo stallion, have you seen where they are linking 8 PS3's to create supercomputers? I found that to be pretty interesting. http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news..._supercomputer

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement