xbox freezing - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

xbox freezing

No matter what game I play my xbox is freezing like 10 seconds into the games no red circle of death so im pretty confused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

either way, it sounds like you're fucked.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
either way, it sounds like you're fucked.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
this is the main reason I'll be buying a PS3 over a 360. Aside from having Halo 3 and Project Gotham, there's little it has that I want to play that a PS3 doesn't have, and I won't have to worry about things like this.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Baller

jsut send it in to get it fixed
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:54 PM
老师

it's the same thing as the RCOD. if you don't see it yet, you soon will. mine did the same thing.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:12 PM

few things to try i fix tonsof these i buy them off ebay for 50 to 100 bucks like this fix them and sell them almost full price gotta love suckers lol but take the huge ass power brick off the floor put it overtop a box so the brick is in the middle and also go get one of them 10 dollor fans for the 360 at walmart or gamestop and if that doesnt help only thing left is to open it up and add some artic silver greese to the top of the processor since the stuff from factory sucks so bad it hardens and makes it run hot and freeze every few minutes and only other option thats the worste is have to take super hot towells and wrap the xbox 360 on a few there are some welds thats arent very good and the towells help weld the spots back to how they should be them are the only fixes ive ever had to do but 90% of the time the brick off the floor and fan fixes them just fine
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

try that ^^^

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Dead Stop Bobby :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
No matter what game I play my xbox is freezing like 10 seconds into the games no red circle of death so im pretty confused
My madden '07 game "froze" few weeks ago.. i called a timeout and it would just be on the screen that shows different views of the stadium but i couldnt get it to do anything and had to reset it. I hope it was only a one time thing! I have been running a intercooler out back for as long as I've owned the system!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:07 PM

one thing i forgot also sometimes just plugging a eithernet cord in and letting it update solves some of the million issues xbox360 has
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:23 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
this is the main reason I'll be buying a PS3 over a 360. Aside from having Halo 3 and Project Gotham, there's little it has that I want to play that a PS3 doesn't have, and I won't have to worry about things like this.
My PS3 froze playing Assasin's Creed last week.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by will aka erie
few things to try i fix tonsof these i buy them off ebay for 50 to 100 bucks like this fix them and sell them almost full price gotta love suckers lol but take the huge ass power brick off the floor put it overtop a box so the brick is in the middle and also go get one of them 10 dollor fans for the 360 at walmart or gamestop and if that doesnt help only thing left is to open it up and add some artic silver greese to the top of the processor since the stuff from factory sucks so bad it hardens and makes it run hot and freeze every few minutes and only other option thats the worste is have to take super hot towells and wrap the xbox 360 on a few there are some welds thats arent very good and the towells help weld the spots back to how they should be them are the only fixes ive ever had to do but 90% of the time the brick off the floor and fan fixes them just fine
punctuation owns you

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

lolz

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:45 PM

overheating usualy freezes a video game... clean up the dust from the vents, buy one of those fans for xbox on walmart and update the sucker... it should work...(hopefully)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Your Daddy

my xbox crapped out last week. got the red rings.
has anyone had to send theirs in? do you just wait for them to send you shipping info??
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
my xbox crapped out last week. got the red rings.
has anyone had to send theirs in? do you just wait for them to send you shipping info??
I had mine replaced. Call the number, they send out a box for you to pack yours up. Send it off, then a week later, you get a refurb back. No big deal really.

Chambers
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Your Daddy

thanks, chambers.
i already called it in, i wasnt sure what was next. does it usually take a whle for that box to come? it's been almost a week already. glad i bought a wii last night. lol
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by will aka erie
Please explain:

1. How is moving the brick supoose to help?

2. How is wrapping the box in hot towels going to help it get hot enough to weld?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Sonic Blue :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
Please explain:

1. How is moving the brick supoose to help?

2. How is wrapping the box in hot towels going to help it get hot enough to weld?
the whole towel thing really works, but it doesnt reweld, it gets it supposedly hot enough to i think run in some sort of safe mode....\

Sponsored Links
Advertisement