Lookin' to try another MMORPG... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Lookin' to try another MMORPG...

Been playing WoW for a while and i'm bored... wanted to try out a different game.

It would have to have a demo before I go and buy it, also some type of archer class would be cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Subscribing as I'm also interested.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Been playing WoW for a while and i'm bored... wanted to try out a different game.

It would have to have a demo before I go and buy it, also some type of archer class would be cool
It's older but the only thing i can think of is Dark Age of Camelot.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

I'm not 100% on what a MMORPG is, but Battlefield 2 kicks ass.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
It's older but the only thing i can think of is Dark Age of Camelot.
I'm gonna check into it, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I'm not 100% on what a MMORPG is, but Battlefield 2 kicks ass.
Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

Games like Everquest, World of warcraft, etc
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
$uper $low

I'm enjoying Tabula Rasa.
MMORPG without all the elves, wizards, and 12 year olds.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Lifer

I've been playing Final Fantasy 11 Online for over 3 years. Big game alot of things to do. Only downside is it has a very steep curve to gettin started. Things start out really slow but picks up once you get started. And compared to wow its not a solo game. To do some of the bigger end game stuff you need alot of people.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
600 plus a few

EVE Online

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:15 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5
I've been playing Final Fantasy 11 Online for over 3 years. Big game alot of things to do. Only downside is it has a very steep curve to gettin started. Things start out really slow but picks up once you get started. And compared to wow its not a solo game. To do some of the bigger end game stuff you need alot of people.
To do most of the bigger stuff you need alot of people... you must not have played WoW.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM

shadowbane.com

Not a whole lot of grinding to level but even less if you search the forums and get on the test server (10x xp and gold).

A few years old but totally free now and good open PVP , along with town building and destroying.

Although several classes are archers some excel at it scouts, rangers, and huntresses just to name a few.

Read the forums and follow a template or at least learn about the classes before you even log in :P

I can also be of some help.

I played this game for about 2 yrs. then WOW for about 6 months and came back to this...

Pm me if you need help and I am playing on the "test server"
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt'nStangs
shadowbane.com

Not a whole lot of grinding to level but even less if you search the forums and get on the test server (10x xp and gold).

A few years old but totally free now and good open PVP , along with town building and destroying.

Although several classes are archers some excel at it scouts, rangers, and huntresses just to name a few.

Read the forums and follow a template or at least learn about the classes before you even log in :P

I can also be of some help.

I played this game for about 2 yrs. then WOW for about 6 months and came back to this...

Pm me if you need help and I am playing on the "test server"
This one looks to be the one i'd like the most... did some reading on their site.

Trying to download the trial now... have to wait 25 minutes just to download it
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM
P1

Ive been playing FFXI for about 18 mos....everything that gsxrk5 said is pretty much scripture

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Bite Me!!!

tabula is fun, but it should not be pay to play with as limited content there is. It Guild Wars with shotguns imo... I do love it, but it will never keep me busy.

warhammer will be fun when it comes out, but honestly i think i'll just stick with wow and not raid. I finally decided i'd reroll a toon for just pvp. Login kill some noobs and logout.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Time Served

Guild Wars?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Lifer

if you are bored with WoW then dont try FFXI. Its pretty boring from what ive heard at the top end of it. The only other mmorp i played and liked was EQ2, but i havent played it in a long time so i couldnt say how good it is now.

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 02:36 PM

I paid 12.95 for 2 years to play Shadowbane, now its been free for about a year which brought some new players. I do think you should definitely play on the test server if you dont like grinding out lvls.

If you need help lmk I can even help you lvl. I play daily so dont just play on your own unless you want too.

Once you play test for a bit and learn some of the game then you can go to a "live" regular server or stay on test. Remember test server is 10x better

Holla Holla...
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT
if you are bored with WoW then dont try FFXI. Its pretty boring from what ive heard at the top end of it. The only other mmorp i played and liked was EQ2, but i havent played it in a long time so i couldnt say how good it is now.
The Top End of it isn't Boring. Thats where you get all the best gear. Jus takes a lot of time and dedication. And from what i've heard about wow you dont need alot of people to do most of the stuff in the game. Whereas in FFXI to do any end game stuff you either need 18 people or a really really good party of 6. And btw what server you on gonzo? I'm on Bahamut. Linkshell i'm in is bluegartrls.com
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt'nStangs
I paid 12.95 for 2 years to play Shadowbane, now its been free for about a year which brought some new players. I do think you should definitely play on the test server if you dont like grinding out lvls.

If you need help lmk I can even help you lvl. I play daily so dont just play on your own unless you want too.

Once you play test for a bit and learn some of the game then you can go to a "live" regular server or stay on test. Remember test server is 10x better

Holla Holla...
It took forever to download the game and get it working... my roommate and i joined the wrath server

i didnt have much time to play with the game since it was late las night
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Censored

Slavehack.com I got kicked though for trying to start another account. IF you don't do things right 1st and you wait, you are f'ed!

Doors Done Rite
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

theres always runescape.... slow to get started but fun

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5
The Top End of it isn't Boring. Thats where you get all the best gear. Jus takes a lot of time and dedication. And from what i've heard about wow you dont need alot of people to do most of the stuff in the game. Whereas in FFXI to do any end game stuff you either need 18 people or a really really good party of 6. And btw what server you on gonzo? I'm on Bahamut. Linkshell i'm in is bluegartrls.com

Yea thats why all the end game dungeons are 25 man raids... but yea i guess you dont need anyone to do that huh? But i was just throwing my experience and my friends experience. My buddy and his friends all had high level characters and left it for WoW.

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement