What causes this??? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Question What causes this???



I have gotten this several times. My puter at times will not boot or tskes extended length of time to boot/shut down sometimes to the point of heving to do a hard reboot w/ the power button.

It's not OC'ed or anything and when it boots it works fine.
It has been so bad that it might fully boot 1 in 10 times.

On a side note the vid card I purchased is not recognised by Winblows nor can the onboard be disabled in BIOS.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck


I have gotten this several times. My puter at times will not boot or tskes extended length of time to boot/shut down sometimes to the point of heving to do a hard reboot w/ the power button.

It's not OC'ed or anything and when it boots it works fine.
It has been so bad that it might fully boot 1 in 10 times.

On a side note the vid card I purchased is not recognised by Winblows nor can the onboard be disabled in BIOS.

What? Maybe not changing your oil on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 PM
KJ94GT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
What? Maybe not changing your oil on time.
did you fix your processor frequency like it is asking you to do?
sometimes usb buses can hang and keep a machine from booting.
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Well aparently the mobo killed itself. I should get my puter back wed.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Computer suicide Been there done that
Osiris is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHornet
Computer suicide Been there done that
I'm so pissed I talked myself into buying that proptietary(sp) hunk of junk and then having to fight w/ best buy to honor the warranty. They kept trying to tell me my vid card overclocked it!

I ended up tracking down the district mgr after ten days to get something done about it.

If you buy something there DONT get the "PSP" and expect it to be honored w/out a fight. They'll tell you everything you did to cause the problem and then tell you why it voided the warranty.

Rant off.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 04:35 PM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck
I'm so pissed I talked myself into buying that proptietary(sp) hunk of junk and then having to fight w/ best buy to honor the warranty. They kept trying to tell me my vid card overclocked it!

I ended up tracking down the district mgr after ten days to get something done about it.

If you buy something there DONT get the "PSP" and expect it to be honored w/out a fight. They'll tell you everything you did to cause the problem and then tell you why it voided the warranty.

Rant off.
I've been through that fight before. Assholes. I never buy from Best Buy.
Osiris is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Theres your problem. You use Geek Squad to fix your computer.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Theres your problem. You use Geek Squad to fix your computer.
Correction, not who I use but who Worst Buy uses.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Adrenaline is my ABS.
 
J Osh10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Decapitating Haterz With Amazing Ease
Posts: 1,817
did you try to overclock? or did it just take a dump on you

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
J Osh10 is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Osh10
did you try to overclock? or did it just take a dump on you
No it started giving me that screen on its own.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome