Zune software problem..not installing... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Dead Stop Bobby :D

Zune software problem..not installing...

I bought a Zune from a board member and it has the latest 2.2 firmware on it.. I tried to run the setup disk but it gives me a message that my OS doesnt support the software.. I need to update the zune software or my OS.. WTF.. I have windows XP pro SP2 with all updates

I even downloaded the latest version of the software from their site and it downloads the file but after extracting it, it gives me a message that I need to upgrade my media center software.. WTF lol

I'm stumped here.. what the hell do i do?? I have a couple Ipods and Itunes and the disk loads right up and installs but this Zune disk doesnt even want to load on my laptop

Why cant I just stick in the disk and install it and run the program
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 AM
老师

Microsoft Works:

Biggest oxymoron ever contrived.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:37 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C 01TA
I bought a Zune from a board member and it has the latest 2.2 firmware on it.. I tried to run the setup disk but it gives me a message that my OS doesnt support the software.. I need to update the zune software or my OS.. WTF.. I have windows XP pro SP2 with all updates

I even downloaded the latest version of the software from their site and it downloads the file but after extracting it, it gives me a message that I need to upgrade my media center software.. WTF lol

I'm stumped here.. what the hell do i do?? I have a couple Ipods and Itunes and the disk loads right up and installs but this Zune disk doesnt even want to load on my laptop

Why cant I just stick in the disk and install it and run the program

Install the old firmware on there.... everyone has been saying the new firmware is crap.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:56 AM
老师

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Install the old firmware on there.... everyone has been saying the new firmware is crap.
it's not the zune, it's an incompatability with the disc and the laptop that's the problem.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiladin
it's not the zune, it's an incompatability with the disc and the laptop that's the problem.
Woops, just realized that i read that wrong.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

go to microsoft's page and update your windows software.

update.microsoft.com

I had to install something like 26 updates before my XP Sp2 machine would take the zune software.

Who said 2.2 sucks? What's been bad about it? i love my new firmware on it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
x2

There's been people who have problems, but that's only been with the library getting scrambled the first time on the new firmware. Just format the zune and update and then re-sync it.

New firmware rocks.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiladin

exactly!! The Zune works great! I'll see if there are even any updates available for my laptop.. crap.. any other way to get it to work?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
go to microsoft's page and update your windows software.

update.microsoft.com

I had to install something like 26 updates before my XP Sp2 machine would take the zune software.

i checked on the updates and my computer needed 9 .. i updated all 9 and the software still doesnt work .. i'm stumped here.. it says I need to update the software or windows.. when i download the updated software from zune.net and run it, it says I need to update media center to 2005 or better.. I have 2002.. why the hell do i need all these updates to run my Zune?? I'm about to sell the stupid thing!! lol
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C 01TA
i checked on the updates and my computer needed 9 .. i updated all 9 and the software still doesnt work .. i'm stumped here.. it says I need to update the software or windows.. when i download the updated software from zune.net and run it, it says I need to update media center to 2005 or better.. I have 2002.. why the hell do i need all these updates to run my Zune?? I'm about to sell the stupid thing!! lol
it should give you an error code if i'm not wrong. you shouldn't need to download anything aside from a few patches.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

weird!!

heres what happenes.. when i put in the OEM startup disk and it says the zune software or windows needs to be upgraded

when I download the latest version of the software from the website and run it, it says I need to upgrade my media center software.. WTF.. what do these upgrades have to do with putting music and videos on my Zune.. Itunes never gave me this problem
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Rolling with the homies

Updated my Zune software and firmware yesterday to the latest versions. Works great, better than the previous version. Running Windows Vista. Now I've only noticed one weird thing but not sure if it's the Zune or not. Anyway, been clearing out music, photos, and videos so that it'll fit on the Zune and two or three times while syncing I noticed my computer had rebooted except for this last time. Weird. Still editing ID3 tags and clearing music so I'll see what happens the next time I sync.

Bobby, post up a screen shot of the error if you don't mind. I'll see what I can dig up and maybe do some searching on the Zune message board.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

actually i manually added all updates under the "optional updates" and my software finally works!! that just sucks that its so dam restricted.. you cant even use it on sp1 or sp2 w/o the latest updates.. thanks for the tips guys.. much appreciated
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

updated my other zune last night, and damn, i love the new firmware!!

suck a fat cock apple!

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
updated my other zune last night, and damn, i love the new firmware!!

suck a fat cock apple!
The new firmware rocks. Unfortunately I'll probably be going to an iPod soon just so I can use it in my truck and car and control it from either head unit plus I need more storage space.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement