Can i install a program on one username.. and not have it show up on another? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

Can i install a program on one username.. and not have it show up on another?

Yeah, ill just go ahead and say it. i want to play WoW at work. so what. i just read a thread about people playing games at work cause they were bored. well i have such a boring job that my boss told me to just watch TV if i get bored. but there is a computer there and i want to make my own user account (Windows XP is the OS it has) and password so that i don't disturb the other users that are there in the daytime, with all my stuff that i put on it. it is a retirement community so i'm sure that the other employee users don't need world of warcraft on there when they have work to do. (i work the night shift and i'm the only one there).

Anyway, i have never had to mess with user accounts cause i have always had my own PC all to myself. i do however, know how to set a new one up with its own password. I have aquired permission to do this, i just would like to know if when WoW is installed on the PC on my user account.. is it going to show up when a different user gets on using thir own user account and password. or anywhere else for that matter. my boss said i could make my own account, but i don't want them complaining to her that a bunch of weird icons and stuff have recently appeared just as soon as i was given permission to create my own user account. I even told my boss that i would like to chat online and send emalis and browse forums. she does not care. she is just happy to have someone filling my position. Im sure the other users will find a reason to complain given the chance. i know them well enough to know that.

so, do you think i can just create my own user account, then install WoW, and not have it show up on all the other user accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

I think you have an option if you want to share the files or not but the other users might/will be able to see the game installed on the hard drive but might not be able to access it. if that answers anything

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Which one's the clutch?

What happens if you actually work when you get bored?

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Wow doesnt rely on reg hooks.. just get an external USB drive and copy your entire directory onto it.. works for me

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement