Google AdSense?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
FTH!

Google AdSense??

Recently I have had mixed opinions about this program from some folks on my site, but I was thinking about adding it to one of my sites to get more "hits" for my site sponsors.

I currently have 9 sponsors/vendors on my site and want to give them traffic/sales.

There is a spot in Googles agreement that states something I am unclear of. I will add it below.

Communications Solely With Google. You agree to direct to Google, and not to any advertiser, any communication regarding any Ad(s) or Link(s) displayed in connection with Your Site(s).

That is my question.. I have links to all of my sponsors sites.. Maybe I am not understanding this right..

Does anyone else use this on their site(s) and do well with it? Or should I can the idea?

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 06:22 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

With adsense you can't control what they put up on your site. If the person paying for the advertising thinks your site is relevant then their ad will pop up assuming they are the highest bidder or use the best key word.

You might be thinking about adwords. It'll generate lots of traffic for your site but can get EXPENSIVE! I was spending over $3k a month with them on key words and barely made a profit. You'll need to track the clicks on your sponsors links and bill them accordingly if you plan on dumping money into advertising.

The best way to get traffic is to have good content to begin with and not having dozens of annoying ads everywhere. Hot naked or nearly naked women also help a lot.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
FTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
With adsense you can't control what they put up on your site. If the person paying for the advertising thinks your site is relevant then their ad will pop up assuming they are the highest bidder or use the best key word.

You might be thinking about adwords. It'll generate lots of traffic for your site but can get EXPENSIVE! I was spending over $3k a month with them on key words and barely made a profit. You'll need to track the clicks on your sponsors links and bill them accordingly if you plan on dumping money into advertising.

The best way to get traffic is to have good content to begin with and not having dozens of annoying ads everywhere. Hot naked or nearly naked women also help a lot.
it was adsense i thought..

its the one that has the area where relevant links pop up in a list, and has a search box with it. others bid on that and you as a webmaster cannot click the links right?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 034V
it was adsense i thought..

its the one that has the area where relevant links pop up in a list, and has a search box with it. others bid on that and you as a webmaster cannot click the links right?
Yes that is adsense. You put the code on your page ( up to 3 instances + 1 search box) and it will display relevant ads on your pages. You cannot use adsense in conjuction with other contextual ads that looks similiar. Other than that, you can use adsense right along side with any other affiliates/vendors, etc...

Edit * Clicking your own adsense links is against their TOS.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
FTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryHaywood
Yes that is adsense. You put the code on your page ( up to 3 instances + 1 search box) and it will display relevant ads on your pages. You cannot use adsense in conjuction with other contextual ads that looks similiar. Other than that, you can use adsense right along side with any other affiliates/vendors, etc...

Edit * Clicking your own adsense links is against their TOS.
that is what i was looking for!

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement