Decent Desktop Computer... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
Decent Desktop Computer...

are either of these good buys? (2 at the top right of the ad) i'm thinking of getting a desktop for the office in lieu of using my extra laptop as a desktop.

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/A...9&adid=5229002

if that's not a good choice, give me some pointers on where to look and what to look for. i don't use my pc for gaming...mostly just web-surfing and office type stuff. i use a couple of programs from time to time that might require the extra memory, so i'd like to stick around the 1-gig area. also, i don't need a monitor as i already have a brand new samsung 19" lcd hdtv that i don't use, and it would make a good monitor.

brad
STANGGT40 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Dell Small Business - Dell Vostro 200 Desktop with 19" LCD Monitor for $399 with FREE Shipping!
Posted on Wednesday October 24th, 2007 by Apex in the Computers category
It's back! $250 instant discount on the Dell Vostro 200 taking the price down to $399 with FREE shipping. This comes with a 1.6Ghz Intel Dual-Core E2140 processor, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, 80GB HD, 16x DVD-Rom, Windows XP Home, a 1 year warranty, and Dell's 19" widescreen E198WFP LCD monitor. Expires 10/24/07. DELL VOSTRO 200 DESKTOP DEAL

* Update: Upgrading to a 20" widescreen LCD monitor is just $20! That's definitely worth your while.



http://www.gotapex.com/deals/redirect/49837/6GMI1GZP/

http://www.gotapex.com/


EDIT:

I just now read your whole post. Still cannot beat a free monitor.

2nd Edit:

STAY AWAY FROM VISTA!

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2

Last edited by Hunt4m3x; 10-24-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Dell Small Business - Dell Vostro 200 Desktop with 19" LCD Monitor for $399 with FREE Shipping!
Posted on Wednesday October 24th, 2007 by Apex in the Computers category
It's back! $250 instant discount on the Dell Vostro 200 taking the price down to $399 with FREE shipping. This comes with a 1.6Ghz Intel Dual-Core E2140 processor, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, 80GB HD, 16x DVD-Rom, Windows XP Home, a 1 year warranty, and Dell's 19" widescreen E198WFP LCD monitor. Expires 10/24/07. DELL VOSTRO 200 DESKTOP DEAL

* Update: Upgrading to a 20" widescreen LCD monitor is just $20! That's definitely worth your while.



http://www.gotapex.com/deals/redirect/49837/6GMI1GZP/

http://www.gotapex.com/
hmm...that sounds alright. i really don't need the monitor, but i guess that i could sell it...i wonder what a 20" monitor would go for.



i clicked on it, and apparently the deal is over or the page is down or something. it brings up some "we're sorry" page.
STANGGT40 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Wait until Friday when they release the 5-page AD. Should be able to get a pretty decent deal.
Grant is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Well, check gotapex.com's page every day. They post stupid deals.

I got this one setup for 299 shipped, 20in widescreen 2.0 dual core, etc etc.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Well, check gotapex.com's page every day. They post stupid deals.

I got this one setup for 299 shipped, 20in widescreen 2.0 dual core, etc etc.
i clicked on it again, and the deal is back...it won't let you add things like a wireless card or modem unless you go with vista, though. i may just wait and see what else turns up. i'm not in a huge rush.

brad

Last edited by STANGGT40; 10-24-2007 at 04:56 PM.
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
i clicked on it again, and the deal is back...it won't let you add things like a wireless card or modem unless you go with vista, though. i may just wait and see what else turns up. i'm not in a huge rush.

brad


if you need a wireless card, i would go to frys and get one. addon cards are WAY over priced thru dell.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome