Microsoft/Halo 3 Bad News - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
On a downward spiral
 
idrivea4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Posts: 5,334
Lightbulb Microsoft/Halo 3 Bad News

By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek
Fri Sep 21, 11:00 AM ET


Is it a plot to ruin Halo 3's much hyped debut on Tuesday? A scheme orchestrated by Master Chief's nemesis The Covenant? Probably not, but bootleg copies of the most widely anticipated video game in history -- no matter how terrestrial in origin -- are stealing some thunder from next week's launch.

Numerous bloggers are reporting that purloined versions of Halo 3 are all over the Internet, available for play to Xbox 360 users who have modified their systems to defeat Microsoft's copy protection software. Gaming industry bloggers at MaxConsole are reporting that one source of the illegal files is a hacking group called Paradogs. Also, a version of the game appeared to be available as a 7.3-Gbyte download from a peer-to-peer file sharing site called Isohunt.com as of Friday morning.

Downloading and using bootleg software is illegal in the U.S. and many other countries. Microsoft has estimated that pirated software costs the computer industry about $40 billion a year in lost revenue.

Bootleggers aren't the only ones that have helped to blow the official launch date for Halo 3. Earlier this week, British catalog merchant Argos conceded that an administrative error caused it to hand over copies of the game early to customers who placed pre-orders over its Web site. Copies sold to Argos could be one source for the Halo 3 files circulating on the Net.

Indeed, a shrink-wrapped copy of Halo 3 that originated at Argos was recently spotted on Ebay's U.K. site selling for $500. When it's officially released, the basic version of the game will sell for about $60.00. Retailers have to date taken more than one million pre-orders for Halo 3 -- an industry record.

The leaked files are doubtless causing some consternation in Redmond. Microsoft has spent millions on Halo 3 marketing and promotion campaigns that will culminate in elaborate launch events Tuesday in New York City, Seattle, Miami, and Los Angeles.

Halo 3 stars Master Chief, a biologically enhanced soldier who has to blast his way through a futuristic, 3-D landscape to survive and accomplish missions. He squares off against The Covenant, a shadowy terrorist alliance. Version 3 of the game, developed by Bungie Studios and published by Microsoft, features a host of new levels, weapons, vehicles, and level types.

Most retailers are selling the title for around $60. A special "Legendary Edition" sells for about $130 and includes a helmet-style case, bonus discs, and collector's art. Microsoft is also planning to introduce a special Halo 3 version of the Xbox 360 that's emblazoned in the same green and gold colors sported by Master Chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
idrivea4banger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The GREAT state of TEXAS, in the best city; DALLAS!
Posts: 150
Thats Some Bullshit.

-KING B'LL NEVER SELL THE COUPE...... STOLEN!!!!!



-KING B, IMPROVING WORLD RELATIONS SINCE 1984-



AND IT CONTINUES... #STANGBANGIN101

ARMYCOUPE is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Oh Noes!

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Yea Im fat, but ur ugly!
 
gloomleader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: O-A-K-C-L-I-F-F
Posts: 2,860
.

$40 billion loss!!!!!!
gloomleader is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
idrivea4banger:

Whats with the dude in your avitar? Is that real?

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
i played the real disc last night

Slowhand is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:50 AM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsretiredathlete
i played the real disc last night
You're such a huge nerd, be proud. I've never really liked halo, it's ok at best, it gets boring pretty quick usually. A lot of my friends like it, but I can never really get into it.

90GT50 is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 AM
GE
Lifer
 
GE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 32,086
So where's the bad news?
GE is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE
So where's the bad news?
The bad news is, everybody gets to play this game before it is released. For free.
46Tbird is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Halo_3_XBOX360-CCCLX


Title: Halo 3
Date: 9/19/07
System: XBOX360
Region: REGION FREE!!
Filename: *
Web: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/734/734817.html
#Disks: *

* prepatched w/ included security files*

The epic saga continues with Halo« 3, the hugely anticipated third chapter
in the highly successful and critically acclaimed Halo franchise. Master Chief
returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant,
the Flood, and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.
Halo 3 represents the third chapter in the Halo trilogyùan international award-winning
action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.5 million
units worldwide, logging more than 650 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox LIVE«,
and spawning action figures, books, a graphic novel, apparel, an upcoming film adaptation,
and more.

- Next-gen advantage: Taking full advantage of the power of Xbox 360Ö, Halo 3 expands on
everything that has made the Halo franchise great, adding a wealth of technical and
gameplay advancements.

- Evolution of design: Next-generation high-definition visuals, enhanced A.I., an advanced
real-time lighting engine, and new weapons, characters, and challenges are just a few
examples of Halo 3's evolution of design and technology.

- Unparalleled experience: Ultimately, these improvements provide gamers with an unparalleled
experience and, in the end, tell an even more compelling and engrossing story.

- Online multiplayer: Working in concert with Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360, Halo 3 builds upon the unique
social multiplayer experience and innovative, evolving online gameplay of Halo« 2.



*This will be our last rls, we will be moving on to torrents. Torrents are the best damn
thing in ages. We intially started spreading the rls on torrents then we felt compelled
to do 1 last rls for the scene. Torrents rock !!*

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 AM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsretiredathlete
i played the real disc last night
same here.

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I'll miss you Heather :(
 
livinglegend_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oak Cliff, Texas
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50
You're such a huge nerd, be proud. I've never really liked halo, it's ok at best, it gets boring pretty quick usually. A lot of my friends like it, but I can never really get into it.
online multi-player > solo

livinglegend_86 is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend_86
online multi-player > solo
yep, and FPS on PC > FPS on console

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50
You're such a huge nerd, be proud. I've never really liked halo, it's ok at best, it gets boring pretty quick usually. A lot of my friends like it, but I can never really get into it.
I could honestly care less. I don't really play video games or have a functioning system.

We just busted it out at work last night. It was cool, but I still don't see what the fuss is about.

Slowhand is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend_86
online multi-player > solo
Tried both, still sucked.

90GT50 is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM
still here
 
89stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,885
I might buy it and then sell it a week later. kinda funny how all these people are lining up at bestbuy already when you can easily just go into a blockbuster and buy it.


'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1

Last edited by 89stangGT; 09-24-2007 at 07:21 PM.
89stangGT is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
On a downward spiral
 
idrivea4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Posts: 5,334
i youtubed the ending last night. it was ok. i looked up at bungie.net and havent seen them make a statement yet about this leak. i was thinking about downloading it but, wtp if you cant play it online. permanent ban from what i read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
idrivea4banger is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 AM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stangGT
I might buy it and then sell it a week later. kinda funny how all these people are lining up at bestbuy already when you can easily just go into a blockbuster and buy it.
Yep, my friend was number 108 in line at gamestop in saginaw last night, he bought the legendary thing, it comes with a mini helmet, stand, and cover for it, and some other extra shit, what a nerd. He said something about the package he bought was on ebay going for $375 for some reason.

90GT50 is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Halo_3_XBOX360-CCCLX


Title: Halo 3
Date: 9/19/07
System: XBOX360
Region: REGION FREE!!
Filename: *
Web: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/734/734817.html
#Disks: *

* prepatched w/ included security files*

The epic saga continues with Halo« 3, the hugely anticipated third chapter
in the highly successful and critically acclaimed Halo franchise. Master Chief
returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant,
the Flood, and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.
Halo 3 represents the third chapter in the Halo trilogyùan international award-winning
action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.5 million
units worldwide, logging more than 650 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox LIVE«,
and spawning action figures, books, a graphic novel, apparel, an upcoming film adaptation,
and more.

- Next-gen advantage: Taking full advantage of the power of Xbox 360Ö, Halo 3 expands on
everything that has made the Halo franchise great, adding a wealth of technical and
gameplay advancements.

- Evolution of design: Next-generation high-definition visuals, enhanced A.I., an advanced
real-time lighting engine, and new weapons, characters, and challenges are just a few
examples of Halo 3's evolution of design and technology.

- Unparalleled experience: Ultimately, these improvements provide gamers with an unparalleled
experience and, in the end, tell an even more compelling and engrossing story.

- Online multiplayer: Working in concert with Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360, Halo 3 builds upon the unique
social multiplayer experience and innovative, evolving online gameplay of Halo« 2.



*This will be our last rls, we will be moving on to torrents. Torrents are the best damn
thing in ages. We intially started spreading the rls on torrents then we felt compelled
to do 1 last rls for the scene. Torrents rock !!*
going from Scene releases to torrents? Sound assbackwards if you ask me.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll miss you Heather :(
 
livinglegend_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oak Cliff, Texas
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50
Tried both, still sucked.
meh, i'm not a big fan either. but it's cool to kick back every now and then (1-3 times a month) and drink a few beers, relax & annoy some die-hard fans online

alot better when 3-4 of your friends come over and try to play 'capture the flag' drunk off your ass lol

livinglegend_86 is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
going from Scene releases to torrents? Sound assbackwards if you ask me.

I got out of the 360 scene. It might be easier to move them faster on torrents for 360 games since they are 8+ gigs.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome