PS3 internet issues - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
P1

PS3 internet issues

I am having trouble connecting to the internet on my PS3. I have connected it directly to the modem(time warner/roadrunner service) as well as setting up my router and cant get either to work. When I hooked up the router i was getting a signal to my comp, but I couldnt get it to connect to a browser. The router is linksys as well as the wireless hookup for my comp. The modem is motorola, standard time warner issue i assume. Its not that i wanna play online on my PS3 i just wanna play NCAA Football 08 and I cant until i do a version update...man this sucks...thanks in advance

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

If you plug it up to your Motorola modem directly, you need to do a complete power cycle on the cable modem before you can get a DHCP ip address, you can do that or wait until your current dhcp lease is up ( you'll be waiting a while ).

Plugging to your router shouldn't be an issue as long as you're using dhcp, it should have all of the information setup.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
P1

well i sorta fixed it. i found the setup disc for my router and got it setup. The only thing is that the ps3 connection dropped while i was playing NCAA 08 and after i finished playing i tried to go log back in to PSN and it wouldnt let me. So i dont know whats going on. BTW i can use wireless or wired on the ps3 because the router is close

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Lifer

i could NOT get mine to connect as it was, i switched to mac filtering and it works great now, immediately connected no problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement