Originally Posted by nailman
If there is no damage or illegal intent, doesn't there have to be a sign for it to be a tresspass?
BTW I live on a corner, my backyard CAN be seen from the street!
hey, I think that someone is outside either looking at the flowers or using my wifi
Wow, you are comparing apples to oranges.
A better comparison....
Scenario 1: *Unsecure Wireless* You have a house and the front door is open. People can see the inside of the house from the street. Some just look, but a some people just walk into your house, drink your beer, charge their cell phones and fuck your wife.
Scenario 2: *Secure Wireless* You have a house and the front door is locked. People can see your house and 95% of the people just look at the door. The other 5% break into your house (aka hack), drink your beer, charge their cell phones and fuck your wife.
That covers the two basic scenarios from the 10000' level.
Another way to look at it....are you okay with random strangers walking into your house and plugging into your network? If not, there is no difference between using your wireless and plugging directly into your network. (At the consumer level typically)
I could go on, but if you get it you get it...if not....