Need advice: tiger direct screwed me. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Need advice: tiger direct screwed me.

4 or 5 moths ago i bought a PNY Nvidia 7600 512MB video card from tiger direct so i could play games on my fairly old and outdated computer. i thought hey, a 512MB card for 129 dollars semms like a pretty good deal. yeah it wasnt the best, but my comp is old and i only wanted to play WoW, which is old too. BUT.. my computer knowlege is basic, and the guy sent me a damn AGP video card. It runs in my comp, but i told the guy i wanted PCI or PCI express so when i bought a bigger
better PC i did not have to buy a new vid card. i could just use the one i already had. well again, my computer knowlege isnt the best, so i thought i got the right card and have been using it for awhile. Well, now i have bought a new computer and guess what.. No AGP slot. and of course now tiger direct will not take it back cause "this happened over 3 months ago" and they wont exchange it either. I simply did not know he card was AGP or i would have sent it back. yall know of anything i might be able to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
So because you didn't read the box, the shipping order or the receipt, tiger direct screwed you?

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
I agree with TFP. You should have at least looked at your new computer specs and made sure that it had both PCI-E and AGP slots. You made the purchase of the computer AFTER you bought your video card, so it stands to reason Tiger Direct has no control over what you do or dont purchase after their business.

Dont you agree that perhaps you should have paid attention to the specifics of your computer before buying it?
32VfromHell is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Well, if they would of sent you a "PCI" one, it wouldn't of did what you wanted it to do on your new PC.

Also, most older PC's don't have PCI-Express, just AGP & PCI.

So, really - I can't see how either way it would of been there fault.

If you got the PCI, it would of probably been worse than your onboard video with your new PC.

If you got the PCI-E, it wouldn't of worked with your old computer period.
Grant is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:47 PM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Well, if they would of sent you a "PCI" one, it wouldn't of did what you wanted it to do on your new PC.

Also, most older PC's don't have PCI-Express, just AGP & PCI.

So, really - I can't see how either way it would of been there fault.

If you got the PCI, it would of probably been worse than your onboard video with your new PC.

If you got the PCI-E, it wouldn't of worked with your old computer period.
Yep. This guy is completely lost about what he has.
Osiris is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Lifer
 
JimD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Haughton,La,USA
Posts: 14,152
Not their fault they do have a return policy, and i order form them alot, never a bad deal.
JimD is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 08:10 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
sell it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95
4 or 5 moths ago i bought a PNY Nvidia 7600 512MB video
. yall know of anything i might be able to do?
use the money toward another card
jyro is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
well from your responses i can see that i left something out. i felt that it was better to have a more qualified person install the card, so i had it shipped to my local computer shop. then i took my pc in when they called me and they installed it. so i never really know what i was getting. the guy i ordered it from helped me make an informed decision, so i was kind of in the dark about what exactly was going to happen. i just know i was trying to order a card that i could transfer later on, and that it would run on my PC at the time as well. i was counting on him to help me get the right one, and he just wanted to sell something that day i guess. i explained my whole situation to him and if he was incapable of aiding the customer, then he should have passed me off to someone else who knew what to do. he told me nothing except.. we got the perfect card for you. so it seems to me that he really did not care what happened to me after the sale was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 AM
Which one's the clutch?
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: R1 love.
Posts: 2,313
I'd bet alot of money they don't even make the PNY Nvidia 7600 512MB in PCI, and your old puter probably didnt have a PCIE slot. I dont think they tried to screw you, they guy was probably confused by you asking for that card in PCI or PCIE when you didnt have a PCIE motherboard.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
Craizie is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 01:43 PM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie
I'd bet alot of money they don't even make the PNY Nvidia 7600 512MB in PCI, and your old puter probably didnt have a PCIE slot. I dont think they tried to screw you, they guy was probably confused by you asking for that card in PCI or PCIE when you didnt have a PCIE motherboard.
im gonna agree with this douchebag. he probably figured you didnt know what the hell you were talking about, which you dont, and you said you had an old computer so he sent you an agp card because they dont make that one in PCI, and since you said it was old he figured you would have at the most an agp slot. you're lucky you got what you got, because like craizie said, you probably confused the shit out of the guy you ordered it from.
Neiladin is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiladin
im gonna agree with this douchebag. he probably figured you didnt know what the hell you were talking about, which you dont, and you said you had an old computer so he sent you an agp card because they dont make that one in PCI, and since you said it was old he figured you would have at the most an agp slot. you're lucky you got what you got, because like craizie said, you probably confused the shit out of the guy you ordered it from.
i reall dont know how what i explained to him wold be confusing. its not like they never ever get a specail needs customer request. he was likely just very underquailifeid to ansewer my questions, as most sales reps are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Yeah, that's probably what it was. Your questions have been very challenging, so it's very possible the sales rep just wasn't competent enough.
Grant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome