Palm Treo 650, Samsung Blackjack, or Nokia N75 - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: pick one
Samsung Blackjack 7 43.75%
Palm Treo 650 7 43.75%
Nokia N75 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Palm Treo 650, Samsung Blackjack, or Nokia N75

which would you get?
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
What are you planning on doing with it? I'm a Windows Smart Phone fan boy. I've had a few over the past few years and currently own both the BlackJack and the Cingular 8525. Love 'em both.

Prices have really come down on the BlackJack (new contract) recently and it has good functionality compared to older Windows Mobile devices I've owned. Battery life down right sucks though with the slim battery. The extended battery will last me a couple of days with moderate use. Camera sucks. No Wi-Fi. Keyboard is OK, better than most I've used over the years but probably not the best.

The Cingular 8525 I bought after the BlackJack because I got such a good deal on it. Just can't bring myself to decide on having one device over the other so I've kept them both (damn I've got some expensive hobbies ). I like the form factor and the fact that it's very similar to some of the PDA's I've owned over the years. I like that I can use a stylus with it and it has advantages over the BlackJack when it comes to the browser and functionality. Battery is very good, so is the keyboard. 2MP camera and it takes very good pictures, almost as good as my old Nokia 6682 (which I rank as the best ever camera phone I've ever owned). Nice big touch screen, nuff said there. And it has built in Wi-Fi.

I carry my BlackJack mostly on weekends because it's super slim. The 8525 during the week while I'm working. Sucks that I have to use different versions of the same software between the two phones because they are not compatible. I like the Smart Phones compared to the Palm devices. Syncs easily to my Windows Desktops (Vista > XP) and even with my Mac using Missing Sync. Never really cared for the Symbian OS that Nokia uses. Never owned a Palm although I give them credit for what they've done for the Smart Phone market.

What I'm waiting for (and it will be replacing my 8525) is the 8925 (HTC Kaiser). Pretty much an 8525 with a different style keyboard, WM6, and built in GPS




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 01:20 PM
P1
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I like steak
Posts: 2,624
i am partial to my blackjack, but i cant get my outlook to work right and the battery life sucks
gonzo is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
i am partial to my blackjack, but i cant get my outlook to work right and the battery life sucks
What kind of problems are you having?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I. Am. God.
 
Shoot To Kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: the valley
Posts: 5,895
no go on windows mobile. i despised it.

now the treo OS...i love it.

1994 Cobra Pace Car For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56482
only on DFWstangs...
Shoot To Kill is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
What are you planning on doing with it? I'm a Windows Smart Phone fan boy. I've had a few over the past few years and currently own both the BlackJack and the Cingular 8525. Love 'em both.

Prices have really come down on the BlackJack (new contract) recently and it has good functionality compared to older Windows Mobile devices I've owned. Battery life down right sucks though with the slim battery. The extended battery will last me a couple of days with moderate use. Camera sucks. No Wi-Fi. Keyboard is OK, better than most I've used over the years but probably not the best.

The Cingular 8525 I bought after the BlackJack because I got such a good deal on it. Just can't bring myself to decide on having one device over the other so I've kept them both (damn I've got some expensive hobbies ). I like the form factor and the fact that it's very similar to some of the PDA's I've owned over the years. I like that I can use a stylus with it and it has advantages over the BlackJack when it comes to the browser and functionality. Battery is very good, so is the keyboard. 2MP camera and it takes very good pictures, almost as good as my old Nokia 6682 (which I rank as the best ever camera phone I've ever owned). Nice big touch screen, nuff said there. And it has built in Wi-Fi.

I carry my BlackJack mostly on weekends because it's super slim. The 8525 during the week while I'm working. Sucks that I have to use different versions of the same software between the two phones because they are not compatible. I like the Smart Phones compared to the Palm devices. Syncs easily to my Windows Desktops (Vista > XP) and even with my Mac using Missing Sync. Never really cared for the Symbian OS that Nokia uses. Never owned a Palm although I give them credit for what they've done for the Smart Phone market.

What I'm waiting for (and it will be replacing my 8525) is the 8925 (HTC Kaiser). Pretty much an 8525 with a different style keyboard, WM6, and built in GPS
mostly talking

I'll use it for text quite a bit and would like to be able to access a yahoo email account from anywhere. A decent camera is also appealing. I'd really like if battery life wasn't an issue.

I can get a refurbed (From AT&T) Blackjack for $70
a refurbed Treo 650 for $100
or a refurbed Treo 680 for $70
or a new Nokia N75 for $100

I don't know much about any of them.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
mostly talking

I'll use it for text quite a bit and would like to be able to access a yahoo email account from anywhere. A decent camera is also appealing. I'd really like if battery life wasn't an issue.

I can get a refurbed (From AT&T) Blackjack for $70
a refurbed Treo 650 for $100
or a refurbed Treo 680 for $70
or a new Nokia N75 for $100

I don't know much about any of them.
If that's all I would go with the cheapest that had a good camera on it. I use my phones for a lot more and I like the way I can synch up my contacts, notes, and everything onto my computer and laptop (and also synch it with my other phone). Plus I use it for a modem for my laptop and both the BlackJack and 8525 have 3G high speed. Don't think the others you listed do. Anyway, just some food for thought.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
If that's all I would go with the cheapest that had a good camera on it. I use my phones for a lot more and I like the way I can synch up my contacts, notes, and everything onto my computer and laptop (and also synch it with my other phone). Plus I use it for a modem for my laptop and both the BlackJack and 8525 have 3G high speed. Don't think the others you listed do. Anyway, just some food for thought.
That's kinda what I needed to know, thanks.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
76 view and 10 votes, sweet

ah well
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Turn Your Swag On!
 
Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,707
Treo 700WX is what I have with a 2GB SD card...personal computer and MP3 player

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
Swag is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
ive been rocking treo since the 300...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
P1
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I like steak
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
What kind of problems are you having?
I cant get the outlook to set up...i think im doing everything right, but i dont know
gonzo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome