Alrighty, heres what i have
An AMD athlon processor 3000 (2.16GHz)
and 512 333MHz DDR SDRAM
and no video card i guess.
1. So, a few questions first, 512 is the amount of ram right? and 333mhz is how fast it is or something? Is there better 512's out there?
like i think ive seen 512's that are 400mhz.
2. Can i mix and match different speeds? like if i bought a stick of 512 400mhz, would it work with my 333mhz stick?
Should i just buy 2 new 512's? or 1 stick of 1 gig? damn it.
I also want to play HL2, CS source and DOOM3, and those will all require a video card.
3. A video card will go in the brown slot?
4. Can anyone reccomend a good video card for around $100? Is there different kinds connection wise?
I only have a best buy, and a comp USA in town, so the stuff would need to be avaible there.
5. I play alot of counter-strike, and DOD,
if i go to network connections, it says my speed is 100MBPS, is that good?
6. I always lag like crazy and my ping on DOD is around 300, would the video card help ping, or is that strictly connection speed?
7. Is best buy the best place? or would ebay be better, i see some cheap stuff on ebay.