New Apple Products - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

New Apple Products

Today Apple had a press event and release several new and updated products.....

New iMac
The new iMac has a brushed metal body and several hardware upgrades. The smallest iMac is now using a 20" screen. The bad side of that is that the cheapest iMac now cost over $1000.

New iLife'08
Several improvements.

New iWork'08
Several improvments and the addition of a new spreadsheet app called Numbers.

New Wireless and Wired Keyboard (really nice looking too)
Both keyboards are very similar to the keyboard on the MacBook. The wireless keyboard doesn't have a number pad but the wired one does. Very minimalist design for an extremely thin keyboard. I'm probably going to get one of these. Now if Apple could just design a decent mouse..

Updated .mac
.mac is lame and will always be lame. Oooooh looky, they gave it 10GB of storage for only $99 a year. What a load of crap.

Updated AirPort Extreme
Apple FINALLY fixes the biggest flaw of this device. It now has Gigabit Ethernet ports. That will make the USB port a lot more usable for storage devices. If you own a Mac and are going to use Time Machine when Leopard comes out, then this device becomes extremely useful for turning an external USB drive into a NAS device.

All minor releases but some important ones. IMO I would pass on buying an iMac until Leopard comes out in October, unless Apple offers a free upgrade. I'm going do download the 30 day trial of the iLife and iWork updates to see if they are worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Lifer

I know its working for them but they need to look at their crazy prices. I, myself, would love to try out a Mac but Im not putting that much money into a desktop/laptop. Not to mention the high prices of the ipods and iphones.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason
I know its working for them but they need to look at their crazy prices. I, myself, would love to try out a Mac but Im not putting that much money into a desktop/laptop. Not to mention the high prices of the ipods and iphones.
What about a Mini? They just got a bump to Core 2 Duo finally, more ram and more hdd as well. Starts at $600, or you can get a used one for a good bit less, I imagine.

I think even a lot of the iMac's and MacBooks can be had used for a reasonable price.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Gunga galunga

Whats funny is, my computer just crashed while viewing this thread... Damn vista not liking my graphics card drivers

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:23 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
Whats funny is, my computer just crashed while viewing this thread... Damn vista not liking my graphics card drivers
Well, the first mistake is running Vista.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement