What has better graphics. Xbox 360 or PC - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: What has better graphics?
Xbox360 games 6 16.67%
PC games 30 83.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
What has better graphics. Xbox 360 or PC

what has better graphics. xbox360 or pc.
Super Coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
iphone FTW!

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: fort worth
Posts: 1,224
your a douchebag.

they are basically the same depending on how much you want to spend
franks is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by franks
your a douchebag.

they are basically the same depending on how much you want to spend
That may be but at least I know how to use your and you're.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Lifer
 
JimD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Haughton,La,USA
Posts: 14,152
IMO lots of variables, PC with a good vid card is great, but the 360 is awsome on a 1080p big screen.
JimD is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: fort worth
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
IMO lots of variables, PC with a good vid card is great, but the 360 is awsome on a 1080p big screen.
exactly there are too many variables.

it comes to personal preference.


but you can build a nice computer for what you spend on a nice xbox set up
franks is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,801
atari
blackjack is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Gawd, I hate these debates. You're better off googling it and viewing the endless debates...

graphics vs cost vs compatibility issues vs logevity of each vs upgrades vs usefulness vs current technology ...etc

Sooooo many variables it just boils down to preference and that's all there is to it. Read the million debates and make a choice.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
^ x2
Grant is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
^ x3

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
^ x3
^x4
Osiris is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
The only reason I posted this was because someone was arguing the xbox360 was all that and they said I would get owned if I posted a poll on here about it. Looks like the PC is what most peeps like in here. Thats what I chose.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 01:29 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
I guess the straight question of which currently has better graphics (assuming with a higher end GPU)...and without any other qualifiers...etc....PC

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 AM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
By the time a console has been developed, produced, and released to the public, PC gaming has already advanced a generation in processor, memory, and graphics, and continues to evolve. A console does not get "upgrades" mid-life cycle.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:11 PM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
By the time a console has been developed, produced, and released to the public, PC gaming has already advanced a generation in processor, memory, and graphics, and continues to evolve. A console does not get "upgrades" mid-life cycle.
Yep. Twin 8800GTX > Life.
Osiris is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
By the time a console has been developed, produced, and released to the public, PC gaming has already advanced a generation in processor, memory, and graphics, and continues to evolve. A console does not get "upgrades" mid-life cycle.
Well, they get upgrades to an extent..

However, the argument to your point then becomes cost...because as we all know, evolution with PC gaming isn't free. So, you're paying for that evolution - a benefit for console gaming is the cost factor of the hardware vs. the performance, compared to a PC.

So then performance is kind of apples to oranges due to the cost of each.
Grant is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:05 PM
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Well, they get upgrades to an extent..

However, the argument to your point then becomes cost...because as we all know, evolution with PC gaming isn't free. So, you're paying for that evolution - a benefit for console gaming is the cost factor of the hardware vs. the performance, compared to a PC.

So then performance is kind of apples to oranges due to the cost of each.
Yep, PC gaming is really fucking expensive.
Osiris is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!
 
Whitesmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 3,145
well if you have the cash to go top shelf then PC



Whitesmoke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome