Current PS3 Owners - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Current PS3 Owners

Thinking about getting one of these soon. Curious if there are plenty of demos available through the playstation network?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Lifer

There are a decent amount of demo's, but about a 1/10 as many as available on the 360. You can download a few different ps1 games for around $6/piece, about 15-20 different movie preview/demos. It's very lacking still and that's the main complaint with it from just about everyone that I know. If that's a driver for you to buy it or not, right now I'd say to steer clear of it.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Lifer

I agree. The games just aren't there right now. Resistance: Fall of Man kept getting stellar reviews, but I found it to be sub-par at best. I think the PS3 version of Madden 07 is better than the 360 version, but Splinter Cell sucks on the ps3. I'd say wait until the games come out. Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear 4, Killzone 2 are all a ways away, but I think those could make it worth the buy.

It's $100 cheaper now, but unless you like bluray movies, I'd wait.

Regarding Slo3gt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Whining about someone disclosing their salary on a message forum usually leads to said whiner being a broke dick. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Lifer

Resistance Fall of Men is the SHIT! I play it on a 52"LCD and you can do deathmatch where they put you on certain area/level where you kill each other and you have So many cool weapons!

The graphics are cool too!

2000 Stang Mods: DFWstangs quater window sticker
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazuko
Resistance Fall of Men is the SHIT! I play it on a 52"LCD and you can do deathmatch where they put you on certain area/level where you kill each other and you have So many cool weapons!

The graphics are cool too!
After playing Gears of War, I wasn't impressed. I did like the story line though.

Regarding Slo3gt:

Quote:
Whining about someone disclosing their salary on a message forum usually leads to said whiner being a broke dick. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:16 PM
P1

story line is very cool in FoM
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Time Served

Ps3 def. is a good buy. Well if you have a high def. tv. NBA 2k7 is seriously the best video game i have played in awhile. TigerWoods is also pretty sick. Graphics are amazing @ 1080.

Living life well..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I heard it also does not come with a HDMI cable for the PS3, is that true?

Also don't you have to pay a monthly fee for the Xbox360 network service?

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Lifer

After seeing the E3 demos of heavenly sword I am really thinking about picking up a PS3.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Lifer

True, no HDMI cable. True, no monthly fee for service, but the service itself is pretty lacking.

Regarding Slo3gt:

Quote:
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

What is everyone's thought on the future of it? Both the games and the online service. Sony's PS2 was great, but all I hear about now and for awhile is 360.

******************EDIT*******************
I just looked up the Xbox360 and it looks like it comes with component conections, is that what the PS3 comes with? If so I would be happy with that till later.

Last edited by ozzeran; 07-12-2007 at 06:11 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Lifer

No, the PS3 only comes with normal VGA connections. No HD capability, out of the box. That shouldn't drive your decision, HDMI/component cables are cheap. Just look at future release dates and decide which you think will fit your needs better. Both are pretty good as far as graphics.

With the BD capability of the PS3 out of the box, I'd give the video/movie capability to it, off the bat. However, 360 is much better gaming and online capability wise right now and by far.

I also believe price cuts on the 360 are coming pretty soon, but can't prove it just yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement