DFW Mustang Forums banner

Wireless keyboard / mouse

276 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackSnake1996 
#1 ·
I have a room that is currently our "office" but are planning to take the desk out (its huge desk) and convert it to a spare bedroom / tv room.

I have a 46" sony LCD that I hung on the wall. So after we put the daybed (used as a couch for sitting/watching movies, ps3, etc.. but also bed for guests), and a chair and little end tables... there is no room for the computer desk anymore.

my thought was to connect the computer up to my new LCD tv and then have a wireless keyboard/mouse on the coffee table in front of the daybed.

I hooked up the computer to the tv last night and its amazing, i was afraid there would be a compatibilty problem and picture either wouldnt fill the screen or resolution or something would be off... but its awesome!! 46" computer screen.. lol

so my question is, will a wireless keyboard/mouse work from about 6 feet away from the computer? im not sure if they are like a remote control on a tv where they have to be "directly pointed" or more like a bluetooth and just work from wherever...

#2 ·
They use radio freq, as long as they have good batteries, shouldn't be a problem.

#3 ·
I did the same with my pc and my 50" LCD. It was pretty cool at first, but after using it for a while, it started to give me headaches. I don't know if the size is the main reason, or if I'm just weird. Either way, after about a month like that, I switched back to using my 19" flat panel, and my eyes don't strain anymore, and no more headaches.

#4 ·
Just got a new computer (HP)after my old one fried. The new one comes with a wireless mouse and keyboard. Both items take a couple AA batteries. The wierd thing i dont get is the mouse has an on/off switch on the bottom of it, but the keyboard doesnt. What is that about and do you have to turn off either to conserve battery juice or does it automatically do it if you dont use them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.