playing computer games on hdtv - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

playing computer games on hdtv

Got bored and decided to try my computer up to my hdtv. Bought a DVI to HDMI adapter and plugged it up. Took a few tinkering but my screen looks great. Well I tried running Everquest and it crashes now. I"m guessing because of a new display? I tried the options editor and changed it to diff resolutions and nothing. I don't really want to spend the time re-installing the game, but maybe it needs it. Curious if anyone else has tried this with there big t.v's and the pc games on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

nevermind my pimp ass figured it out. simple .ini edit.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 AM
600 plus a few

so what did your "pimp ass" do to solve the problem?

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket
so what did your "pimp ass" do to solve the problem?
hehe, there was a configuration file in the game directory, just had to enter in the desktop resolution and it worked, figured it was freaking out at the resolution. Regardless it's not a LCD t.v. so not gonna continue, was just curious. Just a tube type hdtv.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Time Served

i just did this yesterday. i bought a 40" 1080p samsung lcd tv. i'm going to mount it above desk on the wall in my bedroom and plan on using it as a third monitor in addition to my two 17" lcds. It's primarily going to be a bedroom tv but just to test it out I had to play a little counter strike source and world of warcraft. The picture looked fantastic on it.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt54
i just did this yesterday. i bought a 40" 1080p samsung lcd tv. i'm going to mount it above desk on the wall in my bedroom and plan on using it as a third monitor in addition to my two 17" lcds. It's primarily going to be a bedroom tv but just to test it out I had to play a little counter strike source and world of warcraft. The picture looked fantastic on it.
Damn man, thats nice. I think i'll probably replace this tube hdtv with a LCD so I can do just that one day.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Time Served

if you want to mount it on the wall or use it as a computer monitor get an lcd. if you're looking for primarily a new tv to watch shows and movies on then get a newer model dlp, you can't beat their prices.

i also have a samsung 50" 720 dlp tv that is in the living room and has a computer hooked up to it. it's mostly only used for surfing the net, watching streaming netflix movies, and downloading torrents. the computer looks good on it but not nearly as nice as on the lcd.

'01 Bullitt #0054
Sponsored Links
Advertisement