Well, I'm a Blackberry fan but keep my mind open to new possibilities. However, I have not remotely considered the iphone.
I always buy not so new technology. The one time I did not was with the Nano and I got burnt for it. 6 months later the price dropped, capacity went up and they changed the design to make it better. With the Iphone...
1. Its design resembles the original Nano. Easily scratched and as someone else mention finger/face grease will ensure it is nasty all the time. Cleaning it will scratch it and there are probably not that many cases out there for it that are any good.
2. I like to push actual buttons. Although that big screen will make a nice flashlight in the dark.
3. Waaaaay to expensive. That price can and WILL drop.
4. Not proven technology. I'll let the other peckerheads figure out all the problems.
5. Will never wait in a line for limited quantity products.
6. Even when it is matured, cheap and easy to get I'm not sure I'd buy one. Has no appeal for what I need a phone for. I need full integration into exchange, a good phone and a good keyboard. Might get one for the wife one day.
7. No external expansion slots? WTF.
My '03 Sold.