Cingular 8525 users in here please.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Cingular 8525 users in here please....

I need a little help.

So far I absolutely love this phone! Perfect investment for me right now. I was going to hang out and wait till the iphone came out, but found out it wasn't going to be on the 3g network, so I went ahead and got the 8525.

My problem;
I set the phone up to be linked with my Yahoo email. And I thought it was supposed to notify me when an email comes in(like it would when a text message comes in). Instead, everytime an email comes in it sends me a text with some garbage(all letters and symbols), no title or anything. Just a bunch of garbage mixed together.

Have I set up something wrong? Is there a way for it to let me know when an email comes in or is this all I get?

Thanks,
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian

They have skins to make it look like the iphone.

The sliding unlock and whatnot.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
LiFeR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
I need a little help.

So far I absolutely love this phone! Perfect investment for me right now. I was going to hang out and wait till the iphone came out, but found out it wasn't going to be on the 3g network, so I went ahead and got the 8525.

My problem;
I set the phone up to be linked with my Yahoo email. And I thought it was supposed to notify me when an email comes in(like it would when a text message comes in). Instead, everytime an email comes in it sends me a text with some garbage(all letters and symbols), no title or anything. Just a bunch of garbage mixed together.

Have I set up something wrong? Is there a way for it to let me know when an email comes in or is this all I get?

Thanks,
Nick
I havbe that same phone for awhile now and im trying to find the same thing out... i have replaced mine once..it messed up... im still learning how to use it.. but their is this software you can download that works well with that stuff...a friend of mine has it..ill pm you with the info...

2008 12.00 Index Texas Fastest Street Car Champion
RIP Eric... a true friend! you will always be remembered!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo
I havbe that same phone for awhile now and im trying to find the same thing out... i have replaced mine once..it messed up... im still learning how to use it.. but their is this software you can download that works well with that stuff...a friend of mine has it..ill pm you with the info...

Cool, thanks!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 AM
DERP DERP DERP

How much did you have to pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50
How much did you have to pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Got it off the board for $250 brand new. Some guy off the for sale section.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Got it off the board for $250 brand new. Some guy off the for sale section.
Oh, ok. I was thinking of picking one up soon when I can upgrade. Thanks for the info.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:33 PM

your settings are off.

Contact yahoo if you already havent, they should have all the correct incomming and outgoing addy and such to prevent the texting. Do you have it set to recieve mail every xx min? Ive not had any problems with mine.

You are right this phone is badazz. Also do you have the PTT function, I do but cant figue out how to get the * or # to enter into the id field.

Good luck.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Custome Title Goes Here

go to howardforums and youll find a lot of useful information about this phone

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Rolling with the homies

Good phone Nick. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago and haven't really used my BlackJack that much except if I go out because the 8525 isn't exactly something you can just slip into your pocket.

I don't use Yahoo for mail so I won't be of much help there. I can tell you that Pocket MSN is great for reading Hotmail with (as far as convenience). On your Yahoo are you using the Xpressmail or did you just set it up manually?

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Good phone Nick. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago and haven't really used my BlackJack that much except if I go out because the 8525 isn't exactly something you can just slip into your pocket.

I don't use Yahoo for mail so I won't be of much help there. I can tell you that Pocket MSN is great for reading Hotmail with (as far as convenience). On your Yahoo are you using the Xpressmail or did you just set it up manually?

I set it up with Xpress, and it does work very well. It's just when I get a new email, it sends me a text with a bunch of garbage in it. Like a bunch of randon numbers and letters all mixed together to let me know that I have an email. No biggie, but I'd like to have something I can read.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
I set it up with Xpress, and it does work very well. It's just when I get a new email, it sends me a text with a bunch of garbage in it. Like a bunch of randon numbers and letters all mixed together to let me know that I have an email. No biggie, but I'd like to have something I can read.
I'm wondering if you didn't use Xpress (if you manually configure it without Xpress) if it would do the same thing. I'm not busy today at work so I'll see what I can find out.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
I'm wondering if you didn't use Xpress (if you manually configure it without Xpress) if it would do the same thing. I'm not busy today at work so I'll see what I can find out.
jose has it..

I set mine up with xpress and it didnt work right, I called cingulars second tier help desk and they set me up right.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Just a quick update,

My phone is now working correctly. It is now displaying Yahoo and how many new emails I have. Yippie!

This thing is quite large. But it fits in my pockets alright. Guess I'm lacking in other departments, so I have enough room for the phone
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Founding Member

How is the data speed end when not on 3g network? Thinking of going away from Sprint and want a data phone.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement