Cingular 8525 users in here please.... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!
 
Nick Chapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 13,560
Cingular 8525 users in here please....

I need a little help.

So far I absolutely love this phone! Perfect investment for me right now. I was going to hang out and wait till the iphone came out, but found out it wasn't going to be on the 3g network, so I went ahead and got the 8525.

My problem;
I set the phone up to be linked with my Yahoo email. And I thought it was supposed to notify me when an email comes in(like it would when a text message comes in). Instead, everytime an email comes in it sends me a text with some garbage(all letters and symbols), no title or anything. Just a bunch of garbage mixed together.

Have I set up something wrong? Is there a way for it to let me know when an email comes in or is this all I get?

Thanks,
Nick
Nick Chapman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
They have skins to make it look like the iphone.

The sliding unlock and whatnot.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
LiFeR.....
 
Geronimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Plano, Tx
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
I need a little help.

So far I absolutely love this phone! Perfect investment for me right now. I was going to hang out and wait till the iphone came out, but found out it wasn't going to be on the 3g network, so I went ahead and got the 8525.

My problem;
I set the phone up to be linked with my Yahoo email. And I thought it was supposed to notify me when an email comes in(like it would when a text message comes in). Instead, everytime an email comes in it sends me a text with some garbage(all letters and symbols), no title or anything. Just a bunch of garbage mixed together.

Have I set up something wrong? Is there a way for it to let me know when an email comes in or is this all I get?

Thanks,
Nick
I havbe that same phone for awhile now and im trying to find the same thing out... i have replaced mine once..it messed up... im still learning how to use it.. but their is this software you can download that works well with that stuff...a friend of mine has it..ill pm you with the info...

2008 12.00 Index Texas Fastest Street Car Champion
RIP Eric... a true friend! you will always be remembered!

Geronimo is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!
 
Nick Chapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 13,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo
I havbe that same phone for awhile now and im trying to find the same thing out... i have replaced mine once..it messed up... im still learning how to use it.. but their is this software you can download that works well with that stuff...a friend of mine has it..ill pm you with the info...


Cool, thanks!
Nick Chapman is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 AM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
How much did you have to pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

90GT50 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!
 
Nick Chapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 13,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50
How much did you have to pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Got it off the board for $250 brand new. Some guy off the for sale section.
Nick Chapman is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
Got it off the board for $250 brand new. Some guy off the for sale section.
Oh, ok. I was thinking of picking one up soon when I can upgrade. Thanks for the info.

90GT50 is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:33 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 6,759
your settings are off.


Contact yahoo if you already havent, they should have all the correct incomming and outgoing addy and such to prevent the texting. Do you have it set to recieve mail every xx min? Ive not had any problems with mine.

You are right this phone is badazz. Also do you have the PTT function, I do but cant figue out how to get the * or # to enter into the id field.

Good luck.
360 Notch is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Custome Title Goes Here
 
BlueLT1SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kaufman, TX
Posts: 2,000
go to howardforums and youll find a lot of useful information about this phone

BlueLT1SS is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Good phone Nick. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago and haven't really used my BlackJack that much except if I go out because the 8525 isn't exactly something you can just slip into your pocket.

I don't use Yahoo for mail so I won't be of much help there. I can tell you that Pocket MSN is great for reading Hotmail with (as far as convenience). On your Yahoo are you using the Xpressmail or did you just set it up manually?



evil jose is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!
 
Nick Chapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 13,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Good phone Nick. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago and haven't really used my BlackJack that much except if I go out because the 8525 isn't exactly something you can just slip into your pocket.

I don't use Yahoo for mail so I won't be of much help there. I can tell you that Pocket MSN is great for reading Hotmail with (as far as convenience). On your Yahoo are you using the Xpressmail or did you just set it up manually?

I set it up with Xpress, and it does work very well. It's just when I get a new email, it sends me a text with a bunch of garbage in it. Like a bunch of randon numbers and letters all mixed together to let me know that I have an email. No biggie, but I'd like to have something I can read.
Nick Chapman is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
I set it up with Xpress, and it does work very well. It's just when I get a new email, it sends me a text with a bunch of garbage in it. Like a bunch of randon numbers and letters all mixed together to let me know that I have an email. No biggie, but I'd like to have something I can read.
I'm wondering if you didn't use Xpress (if you manually configure it without Xpress) if it would do the same thing. I'm not busy today at work so I'll see what I can find out.



evil jose is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 06:15 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 6,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
I'm wondering if you didn't use Xpress (if you manually configure it without Xpress) if it would do the same thing. I'm not busy today at work so I'll see what I can find out.
jose has it..

I set mine up with xpress and it didnt work right, I called cingulars second tier help desk and they set me up right.
360 Notch is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!
 
Nick Chapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 13,560
Just a quick update,

My phone is now working correctly. It is now displaying Yahoo and how many new emails I have. Yippie!

This thing is quite large. But it fits in my pockets alright. Guess I'm lacking in other departments, so I have enough room for the phone
Nick Chapman is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Founding Member
 
fordracing19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Lake Dallas Texas
Posts: 6,850
How is the data speed end when not on 3g network? Thinking of going away from Sprint and want a data phone.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
fordracing19 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome