First Impressions of Forza 2... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Thumbs up First Impressions of Forza 2...

I have been a huge fan of the GT series, and have finished all of them except GT4, which I got tired of after about 60% or so... GT is a great game, but it can't compare to the actual simulator Forza truely is...

I played Forza 1 when I first got my 360. It was a little slow and buggy playing on the newer system, but still very fun. I've been waiting for this one since launch date, and it is the fucken shit...

You can buy a ton of different wheels, HREs, Fikses, Grams (light ass racing wheels) Harts, BBS, Volks, etc etc. The best thing about it is the car respondes to lighter wheels better like it should! It tells you weight savings or loss on everything you do, even if it's 1 lb! Some of the lightest wheels save like 50 lbs of the car! You can add wheel size back up to 20s too which increase the weight back, but make the car responde quicker because of less sidewall. You can also increase tire width in increments. I only have checked (modded my Mini) and it only shows a 215 or 225 upgrade from a 205. I have it fully modded to where it remains in class C, as I don't want to have to race more competitive cars in a damn Mini... Its 241 hp and weighs 2200 lbs, slammed all cambered out, so it runs circles around class C cars.

Anyway, the cars actually slide and drift like a real car would pushed hard... You can adjust camber, caster!, toe in/out, spring rate, shock rate rebound and compression, damn near everything you can think of... The cars sound more like they should (not 5 different sounds like on GT). They have Ferraris! Porsches! (959/944 Turbo, but no 928s ), Lambos ~Countach for sure!, man there are a ton of bad ass cars...

The graphics I think are good.. what I mean by that is I am playing it on a 24" 5+ year old non-HD tv, so I can't really tell, but they aren't worse than GT4 which was very good.

The best thing about it is the AI. The cars will bump you and stuff as a competitive car would, but they don't RAM you off the road like GT... you can hire drivers to race for you, but the good ones take your money you win, so it's only to race new events you don't think you can compete in.

I started it on Pro, and the car slides and is very controllable if you are familiar with these type games. I am going to the hardest level when I get home, as you make more money, and the cars I race against aren't keeping up very well... The cars you tune up responde to everything including tire pressure!

You can also auction your cars off on the X-Live, and even gift them to a friend...

The only thing that sucks, sorta sucks anyway is when you win cars and stuff you can only sell them for $100, so it takes a while to build up a bank roll... Parts aren't really expensive (not like 80 grand for a turbo kit on GT), and it shows you the changes in all performance when you do any mods, good or bad...

You can also change drivetrains! I won a stupid little Integra, and there was an option for different motor/drivetrain combos... you could make it AWD or even RWD! It showed motor loss and gains accordingly, and if you change the drivetrain, it shows that you have to start over with engine mods...

One thing to be careful of as I said before. Don't take a bucket and mod the ever living hell out of it, cause it will bump the car's class so high, you will be racing Vettes and Vipers in a Civic! Not the smartest thing... You can look at the top right corner of the game and see what level it will be after some mods... sometimes you can bump it on the street parts and get the most power. Some mods are cheaper per hp, like a cam swap... You can do vortech type blowers, positive displacement ones, and even turbos on some cars... there are pros/cons to each on the power curves...

As always, you can adjust ride height/gear ratios and everything you could on other cars...

The damage on the higher race levels is fairly real, and if you hit something hard, the car will pull to one side or be slow to shift/accelerate. If you finish the race, it makes you pay to fix your car.

You pick your home, as Asia/America/or Europe, and this designates what cars you get to race first... You start out with 11K and have to buy a car, and then mod it up like all the other games. You can add graphics and stickers if you want, which is sorta lame, but whatever floats your boat. Once you start getting better, the game will let you get discounts on parts or even new cars... I got 30% off all new cars in the Europe region, I'm saving up for a white Testarossa ~ Sonny Crocket style (Miami Vice) I'll have it in a few more hours, esp if the price keeps dropping with discounts!

If anyone has any other questions, let me know. I've only got about 5 or so hours on the game, but it is a blast. My Gamertag is MBarnes928, hit me up if you race tonight, and maybe we can swap some cars... I've got a XKE Jag/couple Lancias that needs a new home, I will sell cheap or trade for something... (62K new)

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Time Served

sounds cool...can't wait

2003 Black Mach 1 < FOR SALE
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Rolling with the homies

Sounds kick ass Matt. I'm judging by the fact that you added your online name that Forza 2 supports online play? Don't have a 360 buy my nephew does. I'll have to check it out.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Yea Jose... you can auction your cars off, buy on auction, race online, and also give cars away to friends (or trade if you want).

I haven't raced anyone online yet, but I'll probably try it out tonight. I'll go bust up on some 12 year olds in their bad ass cars in my Mini Cooper.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Old school 4-eye'd

Well, damn. I broke down and bought a xbox when forza came out, and have played it more than any other game that I got. I guess I will have to break down and get a 360 so I can play the new one. Any tips on where to get out for less than $500?
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Well, damn. I broke down and bought a xbox when forza came out, and have played it more than any other game that I got. I guess I will have to break down and get a 360 so I can play the new one. Any tips on where to get out for less than $500?

I would also like to know?
thanks
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
They are only 399, 299 for the base model, but those are jank... don't even come with a memory card or HD...

You can find em used sometimes, just have to look around or check ebay.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Turn Your Swag On!

Quote:
You'll probably be able to buy a bundle from Costco, Sams's, Walmart or even BestBuy that is a Forza Bundle. They did it for the first Forza, might be a month or two though.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
PVC Racing

alright damn it, i'm going to walmart right now and getting it

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 10:34 PM
still here

I've been playing it since Wed afternoon. Pretty awesome. I've been mainly just using the cars I'm awarded to make it through the game.
One thing that's always annoyed me in games like this are the races with a lot of laps, as I tend to not like to be doing the same thing over and over. Usually when I get to the endurance races is when I really start using the computer for every race. some people seem to be spending tons of time making nice looking cars. I have yet to even mess with that. Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1

Last edited by 89stangGT; 05-31-2007 at 10:44 PM.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
PVC Racing

just got home with it alittle bit ago and already have 2 races in.

damn Matt just saw, why in the hell u playing on a old 24" TV , what up with that?

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Gunga galunga

Damnit. Im still torn between a Wii and a 360

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:13 AM
PVC Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
Damnit. Im still torn between a Wii and a 360

360 all the way

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Time Served

how can you be torn between a wii and a 360???

wii=crappy graphics, mediocre games but party entertainment

360= good/great graphics with some great games and fun to play even by yourself...

Past
1993 Mustang Gt (Sold, AAS car of the month August 06)
1993 Trans Am 383 stroker 392rwhp 399rwtq (sold, Thank GOD)
Present:
2006 Harley Davidson Custom
2004 Passat (good on the gas)
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Banned

I didn't like the first one. Eh. I don't really like racing games though.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 02:29 AM
PVC Racing

well i didn't get to far tonight but so far, I like

Only 9% done and up to a level 11. only 22K in the bank. . I kinda blew alot already.

And man that sucks you can sell the cars for more money , so i haven't sold anything yet. Might come in handy which a few of them have already.

post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 AM
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89
well i didn't get to far tonight but so far, I like

Only 9% done and up to a level 11. only 22K in the bank. . I kinda blew alot already.

And man that sucks you can sell the cars for more money , so i haven't sold anything yet. Might come in handy which a few of them have already.
I've found that the only way you can sell them for more than 100 cr is to do an online auction. but, since most the cars people can already get, it's hard to get any sold unless you change them up and make them look bad ass. but yeah, if you save them, most come in handy for certain races, such as the Renault being awesome for the hot hatch series if you mod it a little, the VIS integra being good for the integra series and under 200hp series. I just take each car I win and mod it a little to use for certain races it fits into. Modded the 1970 porsche to beat the classic car series. just gave it more power and took off some weight.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89
just got home with it alittle bit ago and already have 2 races in.

damn Matt just saw, why in the hell u playing on a old 24" TV , what up with that?
Thats all I got right now... my mom's got a 65 Mitsi, but it's off limits when she wants to watch TV, which is pretty much all the time she's home.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stangGT
I've found that the only way you can sell them for more than 100 cr is to do an online auction. but, since most the cars people can already get, it's hard to get any sold unless you change them up and make them look bad ass. but yeah, if you save them, most come in handy for certain races, such as the Renault being awesome for the hot hatch series if you mod it a little, the VIS integra being good for the integra series and under 200hp series. I just take each car I win and mod it a little to use for certain races it fits into. Modded the 1970 porsche to beat the classic car series. just gave it more power and took off some weight.
LOL want to race old Porsches?

I've got the 73 RS with 480 hp/1900 lbs full caged out and setup to stay on track...

I beat the Porsche class by about 20 seconds.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stangGT
I've been playing it since Wed afternoon. Pretty awesome. I've been mainly just using the cars I'm awarded to make it through the game.
One thing that's always annoyed me in games like this are the races with a lot of laps, as I tend to not like to be doing the same thing over and over. Usually when I get to the endurance races is when I really start using the computer for every race. some people seem to be spending tons of time making nice looking cars. I have yet to even mess with that. Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow.

How do you do screen shots and upload them to work on here? good job on that maro!

Orange 08 Corvette
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Old school 4-eye'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
How do you do screen shots and upload them to work on here? good job on that maro!
Kinda looks like he took a pic of his tv with a digi cam.
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 Fox
how can you be torn between a wii and a 360???

wii=crappy graphics, mediocre games but party entertainment

360= good/great graphics with some great games and fun to play even by yourself...
Wii's are fun as hell, and cheaper... And I like the games, the only thing that the wii is lacking is a driving game like GT or Forza. The other game that had me leaning towards the 360 was guitar hero, but that is going to be released on the wii as well.

As far as graphics I don't even have an HDTV so I really dont care too much.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!

this game is fuckin sweet. only been playing about 45 minutes. went with the Solctice just for shits and giggles and moded it to the 400 the very end of D class cant decide if i wana take it up to C class or not.
Shelby just sent me a 68 GT500KR
i dont remeber having this much fun playing Forza 1

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
PVC Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesmoke
this game is fuckin sweet. only been playing about 45 minutes. went with the Solctice just for shits and giggles and moded it to the 400 the very end of D class cant decide if i wana take it up to C class or not.

yea that 68 is a beast to control. I did a few mods but left the suspension and tires stock , big mistake. I couldn't get a first place in that thing if my life was on the line. Some reason it keep wanting to do donuts in it

post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Banned

I just picked this up and it is awesome!

I drivetrain swapped my SVT focus and that little fucker is quick!
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Taliban can SUCK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
I just picked this up and it is awesome!

I drivetrain swapped my SVT focus and that little fucker is quick!
I almost did that to my Solctice. was thinking about putting the LS7 in it. im afraid i wouldnt be able to stay on the track though since its a pretty scetchy car with an 4cyl

post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:16 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Sounds like a pretty cool game. I just wish they would have released GT4 on Xbox 360 as well instead of staying with the Playstation platform.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:29 AM
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesmoke
I used the Shelby to beat the American Iron races. Nothing like beating a Stingray in an old stang.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Time Served

hey I havent got it yet and I was wondering if there are any foxbodies in there?
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Taliban can SUCK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nez36
hey I havent got it yet and I was wondering if there are any foxbodies in there?
i didnt see an outline for one, and its not available at the begining so im goan say no

post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
fuckcanada

I'm picking it up later today, is it 1080i/p capable? or just 720p?
Also, how's the SS (2003?) anyone bought one yet?

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
I'm picking it up later today, is it 1080i/p capable? or just 720p?
Also, how's the SS (2003?) anyone bought one yet?
480p/720p/1080i

its an 02 and ive only picked up a G35 so far everything else i won. so cant give you a review of the car

post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 01:58 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Sounds like a pretty cool game. I just wish they would have released GT4 on Xbox 360 as well instead of staying with the Playstation platform.
forza owns GT series. and the GT series is owned by sony, they own the rights to that game or the developers, one of the two.
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
forza owns GT series. and the GT series is owned by sony, they own the rights to that game or the developers, one of the two.
If i remember correctly Sony bought Polyphony after GT2 was a bigger hit than GT1and changed the name to Polyphony Digital. so they now own the developing company and thus the rights.

post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 09:46 PM

go for the 360 all the way hands down
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Time Served

Cool cars

I have to say at first I wasn't to impressed, but once I really got into it I love it.
I completely redid the 68 GT500KR, its fast as hell but even with all the suspension rdone and tuned it still takes some skill to race it. I won a 2000 Cobra R and redid that one too, 844HP twin turbo, the first race I did with it I was 17secs ahead on the first lap. This game is awesome!!

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!

2009 Fusion- Daily
1990 LX- Broken
1996 GT- SOLD
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 01:27 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
I just got it and I'm about to go start playing.

Anyone that wants to gift a newbie some cool rides feel free to do so.

gamertag : JKDsteve

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Thanks who ever gifted me the KR500. This thing is a blast! There should be a drifting contest for it though, because I'm sure I would win! lmao.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 06:08 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Thanks who ever gifted me the KR500. This thing is a blast! There should be a drifting contest for it though, because I'm sure I would win! lmao.

Ok, I played online for the first time and I realized the KR500 blows and it's REALLY slow compared to everyone else online. Looks like I'm gonna have to stick to career mode for awhile.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Ok, I played online for the first time and I realized the KR500 blows and it's REALLY slow compared to everyone else online. Looks like I'm gonna have to stick to career mode for awhile.
I gave you some cars, did you get em?

As for racing online, you can set up a room and spec it to certain only cars... kinda like on R6 with denying GPS...

Let me know if you want to play tonight, we can do some racin.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
I gave you some cars, did you get em?

As for racing online, you can set up a room and spec it to certain only cars... kinda like on R6 with denying GPS...

Let me know if you want to play tonight, we can do some racin.

Yeah, I got'em. Thanks bro. Now I need to get some points up so I can mod'em.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Keep jocking

Just got the game lastnight. Anybody wanna hook up a poor beaner w/some free cars?
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Keep jocking

Lmao!!

I jumped on live to check the auction house out, I put a bid on a car. I lost the bid and noticed my scrilla was gone. I was pissed but after reading online they keep your bid $ online. I was mad as hell about 20mins ago. I thought they jacked me!
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 PM
PVC Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC
I jumped on live to check the auction house out, I put a bid on a car. I lost the bid and noticed my scrilla was gone. I was pissed but after reading online they keep your bid $ online. I was mad as hell about 20mins ago. I thought they jacked me!

what kind of car do you want? And I thought you wasn't buying this game?

post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Keep jocking

I'll take anything lol. I wasn't but I couldn't resist.
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:27 PM
PVC Racing

Quote:
I'll take anything lol. I wasn't but I couldn't resist.

name it? white lightning wanted a few cars and I sent him a new z06 and supra

so just name it

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Keep jocking

z06
s281
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 PM
PVC Racing

Quote:
z06
s281

coming right up

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 AM
PVC Racing

k Jmac ur wish has been granted. just sent them now its back to me watching a movie. Damn 281 will only get up to like 620hp but weighing in at 2400lbs

post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Keep jocking

I can't find them. My screen name is ILLMATIC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement