xbox 360 circle of death - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Texan

xbox 360 red ring of death

well it started with the games freezing at random then it moved to when the xbox commercial was playing at the beginning. at that point all but the top right corner of the controller connection circle went red. i looked online and everything about it said it flashes red and the videos i saw were blinking. this one is solid and doesnt go on and off, is that a good sign? is the towel trick worth a shot or is this something else?

wait....

one time of turning it back on it stayed blank and the screen stayed black. its like nothing happened at all, is that good or bad?

thanks for any help.

and about it xbox it was made 11/06 and its a premium

Last edited by 0 GT 2; 05-23-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Turn Your Swag On!

Get the free warranty repair, it's good for 1 year. I heard a lot of XBOX's going bust lately after the Spring update was released. My took a shit and now I'm just hoping I can get it working well enough to get through GameStop for their $250 credit on the Elite system

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
<Insert Title Here>

Sounds like the capacitors melted inside of it.

The towel trick is always worth a try, but be warned, it is only temporary. If you feel like tearing into it with a heat gun, you have a better chance of fixing it temporarily.

It is such a shame that Microsoft released such a Shoddy product...but then again look at XP and Vista in their infant years. Nothing less can be expected.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Texan

its almost a crap shoot now, sometimes i turn it on and it works fine and sometimes it doesnt turn on at all or it turns on and freezes...

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Turn Your Swag On!

just call them and get the free repair....I sat on the phone for 20 minutes with some Indian chick who was named Amy at the beginning of the conversation and got my $140 repair knocked down to free after they suddenly found I still had a one year warranty left on my XBOX. Keep in mind they told me twice that I was out of warranty and I even said it myself. She thanked me afterwards for calling and repeated her name as Joy...

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:44 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Never had an issue with mine. Bought the Nyko cooling fan from day 1 and never looked back. I guess I got an extra strong unit *knock on wood*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement