vista issues - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

vista issues

I bought a new laptop the other day and of coarse vista is all that is avail for any new computer now. My problem is that my older software for my video camera, sony, and my still camera, fuji, doesn't seem to work. The usb drivers would not load for my video camera and windows could not find drivers online a week ago but today it found some and recognizes it as sony video device. The Image Mixer 1.5 will load but when I open it and tell it to import from camera, it just closes the app.
The computer came with windows movie maker but it will not recognize the camera!!
Any help or suggestions????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Lifer

Have you checked the manufacture of your cameras web site to see if they have released new software for vista?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black90gt
Have you checked the manufacture of your cameras web site to see if they have released new software for vista?
x2

bust most proprietary software isn't working with vista. hell, HP still doesn't have all their drivers out for their brand new printers.

vista ftl.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Their driver update is from 2004 and will not load on vista. Sony posted a remark that they will be listing a download in the following months to use "picture motion browser" but it may not play back audio from some videos and will not display the video picture while streaming from the camera when installed on vista.
It just make me angry that Microsoft doesn't give you any options when buying a new computer. You are stuck with whatever OS is installed from the factory. I wish I could download xp home from Microsofts site instead of paying 100 bucks at Best Buy.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilvega
I wish I could download xp home from Microsofts site instead of paying 100 bucks at Best Buy.
we don't make shit off xp...just buy it.

or pirate a copy...that's what I'd do.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 07:39 PM
11-05-09

Hell, Nvidia and Creative still don't have their drivers out for Vista. I went back to my XP and put away Vista for another year or 2.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHornet
Hell, Nvidia and Creative still don't have their drivers out for Vista. I went back to my XP and put away Vista for another year or 2.
That's funny to me, since from a PC gaming point of view...everyone's scream how it's supposed to be a better OS and they tout DX10.

Have not even seen Vista yet, guess I need to soon though.

My '03 Sold.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Time Served

Any software that requires access to the main kernal will not work with windows vista. Somtimes you can right click a program and run it as administrator and it will let some programs work.

Vista gaming sux.My pc lost 4000 points in 3dmark 06 going from xp to vista ultimate.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
That's funny to me, since from a PC gaming point of view...everyone's scream how it's supposed to be a better OS and they tout DX10.

Have not even seen Vista yet, guess I need to soon though.
It really all depends on your needs. Gaming, it's doing good. But I don't know what games and such that it won't fight you on. Unfortunately Vista is a memory hog, so I don't know about how it will perform once you have all your other crap on there.

I would just wait for the new quad core processors to come out (there's a gateway already out with one, dell is coming out with one in their xps series in june i bleive) if I was going to be gaming. And make sure it's got 2gb of ram, and if it's upgradeable to 4 i'd do that as well.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilvega
I bought a new laptop the other day and of coarse vista is all that is avail for any new computer now...
Sorry, man. MicroSnot owns U. <5 minutes to find

http://www.dell.com/content/products...555&l=en&s=biz

Latitudes may not suit your needs; you may not like Dell. But there are, for now, new pc's with XP. Hint: look at business machines. Home / Home Office channels have been assimilated.

I fucking hate M$. It's all about their own self interest. Would make 10X more sense to devote the same time & effort to building a stable, secure core OS, then creating new user interfaces for that core.

Wait, WE ALREADY HAVE THAT: Linux. Unfortunately, 90% of the common apps don't run on it, so we continue to put up with the zombie of software companies lurching around, breaking stuff while forcing their sorry shit on us.

You have a handful of choices, none of 'em good: 1) Backrev the computer to XP (and accept that whatever mfr support came with it will prolly be compromised). 2) Wait for drivers / working versions for your apps. Realize that some likely won't be updated and you'll have to find replacements - which may or may not do what you need. 3) Dump it and buy another computer.

I fucking hate M$.

2000 GT: Buncha stuff, more in the works
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
3rd shift sloucher

wow another person that whines about how much MS owns them.... Just get over it or go buy a Mac. Windows is horrid but works for the masses, thats just the fact of it. He turned some thing that was touted as nerds only and made it work for the masses. And as for your remarks for Linux.... Please research more or learn to program. I have only found a select few things that I cannot due in Linux that I can in windows. ActiveX controls happens to be one, thus why you should run a linux server anyways.

: () { : | : & } ; : = <3
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSk
wow another person that whines about how much MS owns them.... Just get over it or go buy a Mac. Windows is horrid but works for the masses, thats just the fact of it. He turned some thing that was touted as nerds only and made it work for the masses. And as for your remarks for Linux.... Please research more or learn to program. I have only found a select few things that I cannot due in Linux that I can in windows. ActiveX controls happens to be one, thus why you should run a linux server anyways.

And games, and lots of other stuff

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:03 AM
3rd shift sloucher

I can play WoW, CNC3, CounterStrike, ect ect in linux...

: () { : | : & } ; : = <3
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
600 plus a few

I really cant figure out what the fuck manufacturers were thinking. Vista has been a long time coming and there have been developer packs available for almost anyone who needed to create drivers for the new OS, yet nobody got a single damn thing out before Vista launched.

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSk
I can play WoW, CNC3, CounterStrike, ect ect in linux...

Virtually?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement