Thinking of trading PS3 for Wii - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thinking of trading PS3 for Wii

I have a PS3 that I got at launch. Its the 20gb version and I have 2 controllers, 2 games, HDMI cable (have 46" Sony LCD)... I dont really ever play this. I have the NBA and Madden game and play maybe once a week if that.

I have a 6 year old son who just loves Pokemon, Mario, etc (he has N64). I was thinking of trading my ps3 for a Wii that way I could get more kid games and we could enjoy it together. And I could also still get Madden, etc for myself...

Couple questions...

1. will Grand Theft Auto come out on Wii when its relesased?
2. is Wii in HD? Wondering since I have HD tv
3. other than no BluRay and better graphics, are there any downfalls to Wii vs. PS3.

I might just splurge and buy Wii and have both, but I have to have all this money invested for something that I barley use in the first place. Just looking for some advice/thoughts on the matter. Iv never seen a Wii in person everywhere Iv ever been just has some lady talking about it instead of the actual game playing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 AM

The Wii is great for kids and if you are a big Mario or Zelda fan.I definately wouldnt want it to be my main console though.Nintendo hasnt gotten too much 3rd party support from developers in the past.I doubt it will be different this time around.

The Wii does not do HD either.It does progressive scan with component cables.I would not get rid of your Ps3.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Lifer

The wii isnt too much different than ps2 and xbox titles graphics wise...maybe a little more smoothness and detail. You can get the component cables. it is alot of fun every game on there. But it really isnt a fun game to sit around and play by yourself. If you have 2 or more people over it will be awesome but it just isnt what ps3 or 360 is. I have had all 3 and 360 is the best so far just because of amount of games out. Ps3 looks amazing thats about all i could say about it . But for me 360 does the job. To answer your question ...if you can find a wii for a good price snag it...but DO NOT TRADE FOR PS3...def. not worth it.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 07:40 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
1. will Grand Theft Auto come out on Wii when its relesased?
2. is Wii in HD? Wondering since I have HD tv
3. other than no BluRay and better graphics, are there any downfalls to Wii vs. PS3.
1: Nintendo is courting Take Two/Rockstar to get GTA on the Wii.
2: Wii is not HD, but it does do progressive scan and widescreen (think standard DVD resolutions)
3: Only real downfall I can think of is how difficult it is to get your hands ona Wii. eBay still has a markup, and most online retailers force you to buy a bundle, so finding one at retail cost is damn near impossible. I'd suggest finding an online retailer that offers a bundle you're interested in. Wal-Mart let's you choose the games... but you have to choose 7, and the bundle ends up being like $600+... so that sucks in itself.

I know a lot of people are looking at the Wii as a 2nd system. 360+Wii or PS3+Wii. Honestly, you might look into trading in the PS3, getting a 360 and a Wii for the price of the PS3, and now you've got HD gaming as well as the addictive fun games and games for your kid on the Wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew w/00&92
I doubt it will be different this time around.
Nevermind that both EA and Disney have dedicated studios set up just for Wii development. Or the other studios that have come on board shortly after the E3 2006 buzz the Wii was receiving, and again even more developers jumping on the Wii train as the thing continues to sell out worldwide coming up on month number 6 after launch.

This thing currently has a ton of 3rd party support, the likes of which we haven't seen since the SNES.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Gunga galunga

The Wii is a blast to play... Raving Rabbits is one of my favorites, and I can't wait to try out tiger woods

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Wii is fun....Ill trade you a Wii for PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement