AT&T Yahoo DSL - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

AT&T Yahoo DSL

I'm sick and tired of Time Warner's business practices so I'm looking around now for a diff provider. I am curious about att dsl, there prices are really cheap for the speeds and no contracts. Does anyone on here have it? If so how would you rate it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

I have it and it blows my old cable connection.

Ive yet to have over 30 minutes downtime and no DNS issues.

Cable used to go down for NO reason

plus it was half the cost and I got the "elite" packge, 6mbit same as cable.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Texas Rangers #1

I had it for a few years. When it used to be SBC I had no problems, after it went to AT&T, nothing but billing problems. Ended up just canceling them and getting Charter High Speed and VoIP phone. No problems with Charter yet.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Lifer

i wish i had more then dial up. actually i do, if i want to spend $400 up front to get sattelite

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

i wnt from DSL to cable... why?

DSL 1.5 down 758 up.. cable.. 10m down 1 up.
my DSL provider SUCKED CHOP..
random outages.. NO IDEA how their own network was configured.

TWC came out and installed my system in a day.. its reliable and ALOT faster then my dsl ever was.

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
I had it for a few years. When it used to be SBC I had no problems, after it went to AT&T, nothing but billing problems. Ended up just canceling them and getting Charter High Speed and VoIP phone. No problems with Charter yet.
great, guess that's the way company's are these days. I know my cable is prolly faster than dsl but i'm tired of there practices, specially the billing dept.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
is chilaxing

Some customer are going to have problems with certain companies. Hell, I've had problems with AT&T and I work for them. I had Cox/Time Warner for cable and service was so so. Direct TV had good service when I was with them. Most major companies are going to have lazy ass employees or have rude ass employees. Luckily I didn't have any problems when SBC changed to AT&T. As far as speed goes, I've heard cable is faster. Never had it. If it's faster than DSL's fastest speed and comparable price.....stick with cable. I would.

My 2 cents
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
makin' bacon

We have had SBC DSL going on four years or more. At our other residence, everything was fine, but since we moved 15 months ago, we have had nothing but hell. Random, continuous D/C's, took four months to get the service started (even though it was just a transfer). They say the D/C's are not on their side, we have new lines from the box to the computer, one totally new computer, and one alomst totally new (has old hard drive). They still say it isn't their shit. They replaced the line from pole to box, and it fixed nothing. Even my friend, who live here for 7 years before us, had nothing but but issues with the DSL. And yet, it isn't 'their' fault. Fuck em, when our term is up, we are canceling the DSL AND our home line, going to go cable and internet phone.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I've had it for 9 months now and have had to replace 2 modems from lightning damage. Got a surge protector now It'll lose connection a couple of times a day but comes right back on, never more than a minute or so. Their speeds are consistently fast, I get 650+k down and 85-150k up with torrents.

Cable didn't really have any problems with the product but their billing was ridiculous and customer service sucked.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Fuck Time Warner. Assholes still trying to collect $154 in phantom charges that they can't explain. I think when my lease is up i'm moving to Farmers Branch and using the Kitenetwork wifi. For now I have to do without because TW has a monopoly on internet and phone at my complex.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Lifer

I have it..AT&T no problem..very fast connection. $24..a month
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Fuck Time Warner. Assholes still trying to collect $154 in phantom charges that they can't explain. I think when my lease is up i'm moving to Farmers Branch and using the Kitenetwork wifi. For now I have to do without because TW has a monopoly on internet and phone at my complex.

Yeah that's bs. I can't believe they do that crap. Fuck em, i'm quitting them this Monday. I just hope i'm not too far from the CO.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Lifer

I got 6 meg Elite and love the eff out of it. Now a couple gripes, I started with basic 1.5 and was getting like MAYBE 1 meg so I upgraded to 3 meg and got 1.6 meg. They only promise 1.5-3 meg so it was within specs even though its decieving. So I upgrade to Elite 6 meg and got my service moved from copper pairs to digital pair gain and then it was awsome. I usually see 6.2 to 6.5meg service now.

The best advice I can give you is DO NOT use the POS free modems they offer. Upgrade to a 2wire router and you will have no issues at all.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 04:54 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
It'll lose connection a couple of times a day but comes right back on, never more than a minute or so.
This was our main gripe after it finally was connected, it would randomly disconnect for no reason, sometimes no D/C for 8-10 hours, then sometimes 10-15 times per hour. Made all online gaming fucking useless, and that was the main reason for getting the DSL.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Time Served

i have it,and i am pleased..rare down time..fast doenloads... i pay 14.00 a month.. on a 12 month service plan..but after next month it goes month to month

1990 hatch 4.10 gears. 351w stock 70 heads w/ big valves, and port, rpm intake 650 dp, 9-5 comp, lunati 540 lift 224-234 duration. ford hei stock aod ... still on racks.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Lifer

do they offer verizon foip over there in the big city? I seen the prices for their service and it makes sudden link and at&t look like they rob people ...
I think it was 5mb down and 384 up for 19$ 15mb down and 2mb up for 39$ and damn too much but 50mb down for 179$ per month..

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
We have had SBC DSL going on four years or more. At our other residence, everything was fine, but since we moved 15 months ago, we have had nothing but hell. Random, continuous D/C's, took four months to get the service started (even though it was just a transfer). They say the D/C's are not on their side, we have new lines from the box to the computer, one totally new computer, and one alomst totally new (has old hard drive). They still say it isn't their shit. They replaced the line from pole to box, and it fixed nothing. Even my friend, who live here for 7 years before us, had nothing but but issues with the DSL. And yet, it isn't 'their' fault. Fuck em, when our term is up, we are canceling the DSL AND our home line, going to go cable and internet phone.

Stevo
This is almost exactly what happened to us. We had SBC in our apartment for 4 years and it NEVER went down. We moved here almost two years ago and have had nothing but problems. They couldn't get the transfer or billing right for the first 8 months. It also goes down every night and every time it rains, but it doesn't stay down. Instead it is just off and on. SBC first said that it was my router, so I bought a new one. It still happend so I called again. Of course when the tech got here it was working so he couldn't do anything. So I tried replacing the modem and the router, but still have problems. They keep telling me that it there is nothing wrong because I can't duplicate the problem when the tech is here.

Two years ago I would have told you that SBC DSL was the best thing in the world. Now, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Two more months until my contract runs out and I wish we could get FIOS

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement