Gaming laptop - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Gaming laptop

Anyone know a good gaming laptop out there with just a 15inch screen? I dont want to carry around a huge heavy pos. Just something with atleast 256mb vid card and a good processor. I just figured I would ask before I looked around to see if someone suggested something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I hate ghetto niggers

www.alienware.com are very very good. A friend of mine has one and it's baaaadddd assss. Also, the dell XPS or whatever laptops are very nice too.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
duh...duh....duh

pro-star.com
sagernotebooks.com

Compare those two brands to Alienware and you'll see a lot of similararities. I've used Pro-star notebooks with no problems.

Also, don't look at only "gaming" laptops. Hell, about 2 years ago emachines had the best bang for the buck gaming laptop out there. Nice vid card, nice proc...nice display...etc for like 1200.

If I had to buy another "gaming" laptop I'd start with pro-star or sager...then dell, then gateway.

My '03 Sold.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:21 AM
fuckcanada

Alienware is very pricey, i would consider Sagernotebooks if I were to buy another gaming laptop. You might want to look into the Asus laptop.
I bought a Dell Inspiron E1705 (17in, I know you said 15in) with a core duo t2250 (not 64bit ) 2gigs ram, 7900GTX 256mb clocked at 600/800 (upgraded) and it plays most everything i own at its native resolution of 1920x1080.
The best thing I love about it isis hooking it up to my DLP tv @ 1080p and sound to my reciever via optical out through m Audigy 2 ZS and loading up some game.
My brother is buying an XPS M2010 for himself so he can have a computer while he's in germany and it should get here within days. I can't wait to fire that fucker up.
20in LAPTOP!

here's what it looks like (not mine)

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:34 AM
duh...duh....duh

XPS labeled stuff is a bit overpriced as well, but no where near as bad as alienware. The XPS stuff is kind of cool too.

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
fuckcanada

Another thing is if you buy a laptop from ANYWHERE, get the minimum amount of ram you can.
Companies LOVE to overcharge the shit outta ram. 4gb from Dell on a laptop will run you near 2~3 GRAND. you can get it cheaper by ordering from newegg/zipzoomfly.com

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzeran
Anyone know a good gaming laptop out there with just a 15inch screen? I dont want to carry around a huge heavy pos. Just something with atleast 256mb vid card and a good processor. I just figured I would ask before I looked around to see if someone suggested something.
i have an alienware 17" notebook, got it for 999 shipped to my house.... plays every game ive tried on it flawlessly.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM
3rd shift sloucher

I have a Alienware ^_^ SLi'd 7900gs 512 each, 2gb of ram, 2.44 64bit And i have no issues

: () { : | : & } ; : = <3
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Cool guys, thanks for the reply's. I'll check into the pro-star and sanger books. I did see the Asus one, thats pretty nice. I noticed some HP computers have some decent equipment for cheap too.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 PM
fuckcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSk
I have a Alienware ^_^ SLi'd 7900gs 512 each, 2gb of ram, 2.44 64bit And i have no issues
Bastard...
:-(

Sponsored Links
Advertisement