Gaming Mouse - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Gaming Mouse

My mouse that I have is about shot and I'm looking for a new one. I'm planning on buying one that's meant more for gaming. I'm just curious if there's any that you guys recommend and that you've used and like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Lifer

I have a Logitech MX510 and its been fine for me.

05 Yamaha R6- Not stock anymore
90 Eagle Talon TSi- Yeah it's slow
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
not exclude

I use the good old, original Microsoft Explorer optical.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I use the good old, original Microsoft Explorer optical.
haha me too... A friend just got a nice laser one but I can't remember the brand. Oh well I like my old microsoft.

FTW

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Time Served

Razer Diamondback. Hands down best mouse ever. I use it for gaming at home but loved it so much that I bought one for the office too. It's extremely smooth and accurate.

They have a newer version called the Copperhead but I haven't tried it yet. It's the same design with just a 2000 dpi laser instead of 1600 dpi.

If you want it now you can get it at best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1158317360602

It comes in a few different colors now, like blue, red, and green. You can also order it online i guess. Here's the site to the manufacture. http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Ga...-Gaming-Mouse/

Also, if you decide to buy it your mouse button might make a little squeaking noise for a while but it goes away after a little use.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Lifer

I had a Diamondback and the right click went out after awhile. I use the blue version of the one mentioned by jakesford now, it works good.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Time Served

My first diamondback started going out after a while casue the cord was coming loose on the inside of the mouse from stepping on the cord while sitting at the computer. I just cracked it open and replaced it with a cord from a logitech mouse and it works perfect now. That was like after 2 years of use.

the diamondback at my office has its wiring running back behind the desk so I can't step on the cable and I haven't had any problems with it.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:15 PM
The Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
haha me too... A friend just got a nice laser one but I can't remember the brand. Oh well I like my old microsoft.

FTW
i love it.

i use each side buttons as the rudders for my BF2 choppers and planes. Only way to make flying in bf2 with a mouse barable.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
i love it.

i use each side buttons as the rudders for my BF2 choppers and planes. Only way to make flying in bf2 with a mouse barable.
Flying choppers in BF2 should only be done with mouse/kb. Sucks hardcore with a joystick.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Flying choppers in BF2 should only be done with mouse/kb. Sucks hardcore with a joystick.
BF2 is a cinch, remember trying to fly the helicopters in the desert combat mod for BF1942

I practiced for like week before I was good at it. Atleast in bf2 it will hover on its own without input. I actually struggle with the planes more than the whirlies

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:44 PM
not exclude

Quote:
BF2 is a cinch, remember trying to fly the helicopters in the desert combat mod for BF1942

I practiced for like week before I was good at it. Atleast in bf2 it will hover on its own without input. I actually struggle with the planes more than the whirlies
Planes in BF2 suck. 900m ceiling is silly.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Slow

I have the Logitech G7, wireless laser mouse. I love it. But i had good luck with the MX 510, and the MX1000.

I personally cant use the razor mouses. They feel wierd in my hand. Plus my G7 has two battaries, and you can adjust the sensitivity with the click of a button, three settings.

<----1994silvergt
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
fuckcanada

For mouses i got both the Razer Copperhead and Logitech G7.
The Copperhead is by far the clear winner in my opinion BUT the thing that made me put that sucker in my closet were the drivers and cold boot issues with the mouse. The G7 has a better feel to it and feels more natural (gotta be right handed though, unlike the razer).
Go to Best Buy and try them out, they usually have them set up on display.

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Hey guys thanks for the input, i've got several things im going to check out. I've got another question. I noticed sometimes in game my mouse lags. Now besides the fact that mines going out it's always done this in certain games, even when i have my mouse set at the fastest in game settings. Is this because of the game, or is it because of my mouse?

What can I look for to tell how fast a mouse can actually operate?
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Lifer

Maybe you have the gfx settings turned up too high? I always have to turn mine down when I get mouse lag cuz it makes me want to smash it.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso
Maybe you have the gfx settings turned up too high? I always have to turn mine down when I get mouse lag cuz it makes me want to smash it.
So graphix settings being too high can cause the moust to lag?

Would it still do this if i got a faster mouse?
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Lifer

Yea if they are too high for your computer it can cause the mouse to lag but you would probably also see game lag. If it is the gfx doing it, getting a new mouse wouldn't help the lag.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Anything by Logitech.

I have the MX1000 and love it.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Anything by Logitech.

I have the MX1000 and love it.

agreed loved mine till the base quit charging it

and the other thing about it, is the battary. The best thing about the G7 is it has two battaries, so you can charge one while using the other.

As for lag, ive never had mouse lag, but ive made my comp lag...

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 PM
fuckcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT
agreed loved mine till the base quit charging it

and the other thing about it, is the battary. The best thing about the G7 is it has two battaries, so you can charge one while using the other.

As for lag, ive never had mouse lag, but ive made my comp lag...
Yup, two batteries and the base..The mouse turns off when not in use fairly fast but I haven't found it to be an issue with fast paced fps, or even pvp'ing in mmo's

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose1
I have a Logitech MX510 and its been fine for me.
I have the 518 and love it.

oesm.org - Enterprise-grade web hosting (full DR, efficient virtualization, hardware firewalls)
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 07:02 AM
11-05-09

I have the MX1000 now since I took Hunt4m3x's from his desk.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Time Served

i personally never liked wireless mice. they always seemed too heavy because of the batteries. i felt like it took a little more effort than should be necessary to move it. so if you are thinking about going wireless check it out and make sure it feels right to you.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I use a logitech MX1000, had it for almost 2 years, I love it more than any mouse I've ever had.

post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Sticky Side Down

cant go wrong with logitech. they have always been the best imo
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Fellas I really appreciate the info and input. I think im going to go with a logitech mouse. Now it's time to figure out which model to go with. I'm really thinking of going with a wireless mouse, i can't stand how many cords i have running to all the stuff i have hooked up to my PC. But I want one that will work well with my online gaming as well.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTdeuce
My mouse that I have is about shot and I'm looking for a new one. I'm planning on buying one that's meant more for gaming. I'm just curious if there's any that you guys recommend and that you've used and like.

Razer copperhead for the win!

I play BF2 and CSS, and this mouse works great for me

I recommend getting a wired mouse over wireless anyday. After having tried both, I've had no problems w/my wired mouse, as compared to the handfull of problems I encountered w/wireless

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 03:01 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

G5 from logitech... nice mouse, definately not worth 100 bucks... I was never really that impressed with it... and the left and right click to the scroll wheel is completely useless in games.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
G5 from logitech... nice mouse, definately not worth 100 bucks... I was never really that impressed with it... and the left and right click to the scroll wheel is completely useless in games.

Damn and I was thinking about getting that one. Cause I could set a left or right click on the tilt wheel to "reload" or something like that in my first person shooters.
Damn it...
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 PM
CJ

Quote:
Damn and I was thinking about getting that one. Cause I could set a left or right click on the tilt wheel to "reload" or something like that in my first person shooters.
Damn it...
lol.. the problem is it's too touchy.. and if you bind something to the "push wheel down" button, and something to the "push wheel left/right" your constantly going to be doing shit you don't want to do.. in rainbow six vegas I was running around putting NVG's on and throwing my gun on the ground during firefights.

Don't get me wrong.. it is a decent mouse, but not worth 100 dollars in my opinion. I like the rayon fabric cord, and the feel.. but the finish of the mouse is questionable.. why the fuck does it look rusted and dirty? Who the hell needs to adjust sensitivity on a game very often? and most any game you can bind a key to adjust sensitivity.. which is much more conveinent then looking at your mouse going "where the fuck is that button". And the weights are a gimmick also.. after a few days you'll forget what weight you had because you will have adjusted. What really kinda makes me wonder is the LACK of buttons.. they integrated all the buttons into places you can't realistically use.. like the wheel.. but they left you a single "back" button on your thumb.. so you got left, right, thumb for usable binding buttons.. like I said earlier.. anything bound to the clusterfuck wheel is just asking for trouble.

Last edited by CJ; 02-17-2007 at 03:18 PM.
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
lol.. the problem is it's too touchy.. and if you bind something to the "push wheel down" button, and something to the "push wheel left/right" your constantly going to be doing shit you don't want to do.. in rainbow six vegas I was running around putting NVG's on and throwing my gun on the ground during firefights.

Don't get me wrong.. it is a decent mouse, but not worth 100 dollars in my opinion. I like the rayon fabric cord, and the feel.. but the finish of the mouse is questionable.. why the fuck does it look rusted and dirty? Who the hell needs to adjust sensitivity on a game very often? and most any game you can bind a key to adjust sensitivity.. which is much more conveinent then looking at your mouse going "where the fuck is that button". And the weights are a gimmick also.. after a few days you'll forget what weight you had because you will have adjusted. What really kinda makes me wonder is the LACK of buttons.. they integrated all the buttons into places you can't realistically use.. like the wheel.. but they left you a single "back" button on your thumb.. so you got left, right, thumb for usable binding buttons.. like I said earlier.. anything bound to the clusterfuck wheel is just asking for trouble.

Thanks for the info bro. I was really condsidering a mouse with a tilt wheel. Seems like it would be really convienient to bind an action to it. Well son of a bitch, guess we're rethinking things now.

Just curious, does anyone else use a mouse with a tilt wheel and have problems with it when gaming?
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 03:41 PM
CJ

Quote:
Thanks for the info bro. I was really condsidering a mouse with a tilt wheel. Seems like it would be really convienient to bind an action to it. Well son of a bitch, guess we're rethinking things now.

Just curious, does anyone else use a mouse with a tilt wheel and have problems with it when gaming?
yeah thats something you might want to know, maybe mine is just fucked up.. but i challenge any owner of a G5 mouse to push down the center wheel without hitting let or right.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 02:56 PM
CJ

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail...mp=otc-hardocp

now IT IS DEFINATELY worth 38 bucks.. 1 day only sale, better get on it.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
http://www.clubit.com/product_detail...mp=otc-hardocp

now IT IS DEFINATELY worth 38 bucks.. 1 day only sale, better get on it.
Thanks for the heads up... I'm jumping on that one.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:

FTW
Same here. I use my side buttons for my grenades in TFC.

1992 SHO MTX
Under Construction...
White/Black/White

1992 SHO MTX
My first SHO, and always my favorite. Totaled at less than 9 MPH. Dynomax Bullets, chip'd, Tokicos, and a few other goodies. Official parts car.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

mice are for bitches.. REAL men use
Trackballs

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
El Camino

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLinkOZ
I have the 518 and love it.
I use the same at home. I have the G5 at work and its also very nice.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 07:36 AM
duh...duh....duh

WTF, a gaming mouse.

Go to the dang store and find a mouse or two that feels comfy and has the buttons you want. Google them, make sure there are no major issues and then go buy it.

Gaming mouse. One of the best gamers I know (and like every other gamer here, I've been gaming for a lot of years) still uses the plain old MS 2 button with scroll wheel.

My '03 Sold.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Time Served

The only big plus I've found from mice marketed as "gaming mice" has been the addition of sensitivity buttons on the mouse. It's VERY nice to have a + and - button at either end of the scroll wheel, and be able to adjust sensitivity on the fly using them. To be honest, my favorite mouse for gaming was probably 8 years ago, it didn't have a scroll wheel, but rather a rocker. It made switching weapons very exact, one click up, maybe two clicks down, etc.

oesm.org - Enterprise-grade web hosting (full DR, efficient virtualization, hardware firewalls)
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
WTF, a gaming mouse.

Go to the dang store and find a mouse or two that feels comfy and has the buttons you want. Google them, make sure there are no major issues and then go buy it.

Gaming mouse. One of the best gamers I know (and like every other gamer here, I've been gaming for a lot of years) still uses the plain old MS 2 button with scroll wheel.

Yeah well my MS 2 button mouse with scroll wheel crapped out on me. And as for a "gaming mouse" I want something that's going to be have more sensitive buttons. WTF is wrong with asking what everyone else uses and likes? Last time I checked it was still a free country to do so. Besides, checking what others like and use could save me time and hassel of finding something I dont like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement