Wii ....whats everyone - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Wii ....whats everyone

What is everyone playing on it....what is good?
I have madden and call of duty...what else should i get...anyone played the new warioware.....how bout rayman...? just trying to find something fun that wont get old fast.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian

I have one.

I used gameznflix account (like gamefly and netflix) and got some games.

I am waiting for my modchip to come in to mod it. I already downloaded about 10 games.

So far, Golf has been a good hit.

warioware is FUN. Its abunch of 3 sec FAST pace games that involve stupid shit. Shaving a sheep. Cut something like a ninja. Shred paper. Its fun.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Lifer

i really like the bowling game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Lifer

Wii Sports is what I play the most.
The old NES stuff is pretty fun.
Excite Truck is not bad.
Rapala Fishing is fun.
Warioware is pretty entertaining too.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Baller

tennis kicks ass
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

does warioware get old quick....and is there alot of games on it that arent repetitive....i dont know what i want to get...i have call of duty 3 and also madden...but have been playing wii sports.....

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 02:31 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Wario Ware isn't really a game to play by yourself, technically. You play through it initially to unlock multiplayer mode, but from that point it's really more of a game to play with friends. The microgames (as they're called) only last about 5 seconds each, and they come at you rapid fire. There's about 200 unique ones, and each one has slight variations... possibly 1000's of variations... like one where you have to shine the spotlight on someone, each time you play it, they'll be in a different place... so it's the same game, just a variation (ie: you won't be able to memorize exactly what to do and when).

All that said, it's a spectacular party game, and allows up to 12 players to join in.

Rayman also is one that isn't really meant for single player action. There's not much of a story, and it's essentially around 70 mini-games. You do have to play through the single player portion to unlock all the games, and most of the multiplayer is of the "pass the wiimote" variety (though some minigames allow 4 player simultaneous).

The difference between the two games, Rayman's humor is in numerous ways you get to smack around the rabbids. Wario Ware's humor is in watching your friends do all the goofy ass forms to complete the microgames.

Both make great party games (and although not really a party game, Wii Sports is always a big hit when I get together with friends as well... but Wii Sports is also a good single player game with a surprising amount of depth that you won't notice if you just play it once and put it away). I've got both, and I think they'll be a permenant part of my collection.

If you're looking for some good single player games (that could also be multiplayer, like Madden), if you like racing games, especially arcade style, Excite Truck is pretty damn fun.

There's also Red Steel for another FPS. Controls similar to Call of Duty, but it is a little more ... exact? It's kind of a love it or hate it game, and the main point of contention is the controls. I personally like it, but there's a lot of people that don't. Definitely give it a rent at least, and see if it fits your tastes.

Another FPS is Far Cry Vengeance, but it's been almost unanimously abhored by press and gamers... so rent at your own risk.

Also, I really shouldn't have to mention Zelda. Unless you're just completely opposed to action/adventure games... you really can't go wrong with Zelda.

If you like quirky games, Elebits is pretty fun. It's probably more of a rental though, as it's a pretty short game. It does have 4 player simultaneous, but it's pretty weak, and seems to really only be there as a bulletpoint for marketing. It does have some nice physics, however, and as you progress through the stages you unlock things that allow you to build your own stages. I've seen youtube videos of people doing things like domino's and Rube Goldberg machines, similar to some Half Life 2 videos when people got ahold of it's level editor.

Other games I hear are good, but have not played them myself, Super Swing Golf (fantasy golf sim, more in depth controls than Wii Sports Golf), Trauma Center (surgery sim), Super Monkey Ball (puzzle/maze game, actual game plus 50 minigames as well),

Wii Play (a collection of games similar to Wii Sports, one of which is the Target Practice one, that has a Duck Hunt mode) is also due out early this month, and will have a wiimote packed in (it's kind of like buying the wiimote and getting a game for $10).

There's 12 other confirmed releases for Q1 (through March 31st). SSX Blur (snowboard racing / tricks), Blazing Angles (WWII flight combat sim), Prince of Persia (action/adventure/platformer), Tiger Woods 07 (a more complete real golf sim that plays similar to Wii Sports Golf), Medal of Honor Vanguard (WWII based FPS that graphically looks far better than Call of Duty 3), The Godfather (FPS), and Sonic (platformer)... are the ones that interest me most. TMNT might be good too, it's shaping up to be an action/platformer along the lines of the last Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.

Bust-A-Move is a puzzle game (in the vein of Tetris, Hexic, Bejeweled, Puyo-Pop, Dr. Mario... etc, etc, etc), they tend to be well recieved though I've never played one, so not really anticipating it (even though I do enjoy puzzle games on occasion).

Bionicle and Disney's Meet The Robinson's don't really hold an interest for me.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

that was an awesome review...rayman is a load of fun...and i enjoy wii sports...madden is also quite entertaining...and have yet to play another person...i cant wait for nba live 07 and really want them to hurry up already with the golden eye.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 09:53 PM
3rd shift sloucher

Right on the money, Elibits fun, but I will not buy, Zelda... well I already have 15 hours into it, and only had it a week... Im addicted. Rayman good fun, IDK if id buy it new, maybe once a few used ones get out, still fun none the less.

: () { : | : & } ; : = <3
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 02:34 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

I may be getting my first DDR game for the shear insanity. Not only does it use the dance pad... but also the wiimote+nunchuck.

I showed my girlfriend Wario Ware tonight, and she about flipped out when it started introducing the first form. "Oh my god! It's Jack Handy!"

DarkWolf
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

wario ware is pretty funny...but i havent really gotten alot out of the game...rayman is the game i like the most now...but i cant wait till mario party 8 comes out...and def. any other sports game.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Yes.....its a V6.

Just bought one about an hour ago. The walmart on Ohio and 121 has 6 of them! Too tired to play now but will check it out tomorrow......Mainly got it for the kids, my oldest (hes 6) wants to play my ps3 all the time but its too hard for him and there isnt any games for his age.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Just bought one about an hour ago. The walmart on Ohio and 121 has 6 of them! Too tired to play now but will check it out tomorrow......Mainly got it for the kids, my oldest (hes 6) wants to play my ps3 all the time but its too hard for him and there isnt any games for his age.
Careful, you're likely to find yourself addicted if you start playing with your kids

DarkWolf
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Yes.....its a V6.

Yeah a buddy of mine in Maryland just got one tonight as well and he hasnt stopped playing the damn thing (just got off the phone with him, he's been playing for like 4 hours) So I am sure I will be fighting my kids for the controller

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

i got rid of my PS3 to get the wii.....and i would have to say it is well worth it.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Lifer

i still can't find anyplace that has one in stock.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Time Served

zelda freaking rocks. I put like 30 something hours into the game in 5 days and beat it. If you liked the n64 zelda you'll love this one.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

My rent copy of Super Swing Golf came in.

I got a couple of friends coming over later and ill let you know how it is.

And My modchip is coming in Tuesday, can't wait.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement