Any other way to get your SSID other than just knowing it? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Any other way to get your SSID other than just knowing it?

I know my flippin' network password...no problems there. And I know my network name...or so I thought. Or, the SSID is not the same as my network name. Anyway, to the point...i got a nice HP printer that will connect wirelessly to my network and I can't get into my router. I just have to know my SSID. Is there a way to figure it out - besides remembering it or do I have to do a hard reset on the router and config my shit all over again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Sticky Side Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
I know my flippin' network password...no problems there. And I know my network name...or so I thought. Or, the SSID is not the same as my network name. Anyway, to the point...i got a nice HP printer that will connect wirelessly to my network and I can't get into my router. I just have to know my SSID. Is there a way to figure it out - besides remembering it or do I have to do a hard reset on the router and config my shit all over again?
do you have SSID broadcast turned off? if no, just look at available wireless networks and you should see it. if it is off, you need to log into the router to see it (or remember it). if you dont have the password for it, you just need to reset it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985GT
do you have SSID broadcast turned off? if no, just look at available wireless networks and you should see it. if it is off, you need to log into the router to see it (or remember it). if you dont have the password for it, you just need to reset it.
I'm sure its turned on. When I click "view available wireless networks", I see the network I'm connected to. I assumed that that was the SSID. So when I go to log into my router, I enter that and then my password, but I always get failure. I know my password is right because I use it frequently to connect to my network on my other PC.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Sticky Side Down

SSID and your router username and password are 2 different things. what type of router? try it with no username or admin as the username.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
2girls1cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985GT
SSID and your router username and password are 2 different things. what type of router? try it with no username or admin as the username.
x2. It appears you are trying to login to your router. If so make sure you are on the right wireless network. The only way I know to get into the router if you are not sure what p\w and username is to hard reset it with a pen or sumtin. Also verify you are on the right network by unplugging the router, the hop on your computer and see if you are still able to see that network. If not then you are on the right network. If you are still able to see it with the router unplugged then you are on someone elses network.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

I'm on the right network. Gonna have to do a hard reset. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement