A+ Cert? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

A+ Cert?

I have been offered a job with Siemens, but before I can start I must have my A+ Cert. Rather then ask them and look like a fool, anyone know where locally I can get this done? DeVry doesn't offer it, but i'll ask if they know anywhere tomorrow after class.
Any comments on this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
I have been offered a job with Siemens, but before I can start I must have my A+ Cert. Rather then ask them and look like a fool, anyone know where locally I can get this done? DeVry doesn't offer it, but i'll ask if they know anywhere tomorrow after class.
Any comments on this?
Its a cake walk cert, get a book that teaches the test. And check out http://www.braindumps.com/A-Plus.htm there for a good list of questions to expect on test. Don't waste your money on a class, just study hard.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

oh i know its extremely easy, and i don't know why they even "require" it but hey you gotta do what the job requires..
thanks for the link though

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I got lucky my company is going to pay for it for me. But im not the biggest computer guy so hopefully i will still do alright if i study.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Lifer

it's not too bad if you have some basic hands on experience and good fundemental pc knowledge.

I took my CompTIA A+, MCP, and CompTIA iNet+ at the Jet Test Center in Irving.

I used Michael Myers A+ book to study by.

Make sure you fully understand the 7 layers of the OSI model and what each layer does, because the test I took had several questions about the subject.

The test is $225 pass or fail, so take the time to study and don't be overconfident because there are trick questions that will own your ass if you don't becareful.

I have a friend of mine that has been a field tech for about 8 years and he failed the A+ first time around because he didn't know how to define some of the more trivial technical questions on the test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman2000
it's not too bad if you have some basic hands on experience and good fundemental pc knowledge.

I took my CompTIA A+, MCP, and CompTIA iNet+ at the Jet Test Center in Irving.

I used Michael Myers A+ book to study by.

Make sure you fully understand the 7 layers of the OSI model and what each layer does, because the test I took had several questions about the subject.

The test is $225 pass or fail, so take the time to study and don't be overconfident because there are trick questions that will own your ass if you don't becareful.

I have a friend of mine that has been a field tech for about 8 years and he failed the A+ first time around because he didn't know how to define some of the more trivial technical questions on the test.
holy hell 225???
My school told me 60 bucks!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
holy hell 225???
My school told me 60 bucks!
if your school offers $60 for a test then jump on that shit.

otherwise, you pay $225 at a certified testing center like jet test in irving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:30 PM
3rd shift sloucher

ROFL A+ is a joke, i took it with out even looking over the book. Just know your IRQ's and your golden, I have RHCE, and CCNA, working on CCSP and then my ultimate goal of CCIE but thats a LONG time down the road

: () { : | : & } ; : = <3
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Timmay

Certs are a PITA. That's why I don't have any
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 05:41 PM
2girls1cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Tim
Certs are a PITA. That's why I don't have any
I agree. I am self taught and work in the IT field. I know my shit really well but I am not very good with test period.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5spd
I agree. I am self taught and work in the IT field. I know my shit really well but I am not very good with test period.
I've been building, repairing, and programming (on a small scale) for about 7 years, but sometimes certs just help you know.
Just looks better..and if you really know your shit then the cert will be "easy" to get..

I'll take every advantage I can get to help me get a better job or put me in front of another candidate..

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Timmay

Quote:
I've been building, repairing, and programming (on a small scale) for about 7 years, but sometimes certs just help you know.
Just looks better..and if you really know your shit then the cert will be "easy" to get..

I'll take every advantage I can get to help me get a better job or put me in front of another candidate..
I think it depends on what field of IT you're in as well. I think if you're hardware or networking certs help a lot. Programming and other stuff I don't think it benefits you that much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement