os x86 on pc guts... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

os x86 on pc guts...

well i finally got this thing to boot after a month of trying (on and off) to get it right... anyone REAL familiar with this?

i cant get my sound to work for some reason, its installed but maybe its not configured??? not sure... this is on the compatibility list....

i cant get my network card to work (intel ALC655), tried changing some id's but didnt work... also on the compatibility list...

i dont think the video driver is working, intel onboard extreme 2 gfx or some shit... i saw it on the compatibility list and it works fine but when i go to play a DVD or other type of video it tells me there is no device capable of playback, the motherboard wasnt on the HCL but other similar boards with the same chipsets were listed so i thought it might be a deal where it just hasnt been tested yet...

this is trying to go on a 10.4.6 install i think, i tried the 10.4.8 patched dvd but i get error codes (ACPI error crap) and a grey screen on the first boot and dont know how to fix that

i broke out a crap load of old hardware (also on the HCL), gonna go through and put together a 2nd osx86 machine and try it again

Last edited by buzntxn; 01-16-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

well, got the network and sound working... its a full blown mac i guess, osX still sucks but i wanted to see if i could get this to work

before i started i knew absolutely nothing about mac, and i still dont

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

setup:
msi 865pe neo2 / 2.53 celeron (disabled network and sound)
geforce ti4200
dlink 530TX+ network card
iMic usb audio device

this is probably a 100-150 dollar setup with todays prices, too cheap not to have a osx machine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement