F-15 and A-10s in LOMAC (DUW) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

F-15 and A-10s in LOMAC (DUW)

Anyone else have this? It costs all of 15 bucks, best fighter sim out (until Fighter Ops comes out).

Few of my better screenies:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:03 PM
KOTS

What is the name of that game?

95 Turbo GT - Pee yellow
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

That's pretty bad ass.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedGT
What is the name of that game?
Lock-On: Modern Air Combat and the expansion Flaming Cliffs (LOMAC for short)

It's made by the ruskies, but it's dirt cheap and fairly accurate.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:19 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Where'd you get it? I may have to buy it.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

I'm not sure if you can buy it in stores anymore. I got the original game off of bit torrent then purchased and downloaded the expansion from the website.
http://lo-mac.com/

The expansion costs $15.

The models, weaponry, displays are all fairly accurate and there is a ton of community support for the game. The single player campaign is lacking, but I fly with a group of guys who make their own maps/missions which is always a lot of fun. The only American jets in the game are the A-10 and F-15, with an F-16 mod available for download but it uses the 15 cockpit.

It's also worthwhile to note that an amazing combat flight sim is on the horizon...and should be out late this year. It will probably be in the $100 range.

www.fighterops.com

I can't wait for this one. Should include all modern fighters, and a good selection of bombers and heavies. Also, there will be twin seater support.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:25 PM

Looks badass! Online play?

I was looking on their site and they have non-flyable models? I am assuming that means you can't fly those. I have been looking for a good f-18 sim (thinking about the Janes) and bonus would be to have f-4. Must have online play too, its no fun if you can't dog fight your buddies.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Yeah, most of the good play is online. Like I said, campaign kinda sucks but it's a hell of a lot of fun to fly custom missions and/or dogfight friends (you connect direct to IP).
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I'm not sure if you can buy it in stores anymore. I got the original game off of bit torrent then purchased and downloaded the expansion from the website.
http://lo-mac.com/

The expansion costs $15.

The models, weaponry, displays are all fairly accurate and there is a ton of community support for the game. The single player campaign is lacking, but I fly with a group of guys who make their own maps/missions which is always a lot of fun. The only American jets in the game are the A-10 and F-15, with an F-16 mod available for download but it uses the 15 cockpit.

It's also worthwhile to note that an amazing combat flight sim is on the horizon...and should be out late this year. It will probably be in the $100 range.

www.fighterops.com

I can't wait for this one. Should include all modern fighters, and a good selection of bombers and heavies. Also, there will be twin seater support.
Fighter Ops looks wicked.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Time Served

Best graphics out there and a great game. I still fly the old F-15 which has more complete weaponry and cockpit controls. Will be one of the first to get Fighter Ops

Last edited by Smeghead; 01-12-2007 at 10:49 PM.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeghead
Best graphics out there and a great game. I still fly the old F-15 which has more complete weaponry and cockpit controls. Will be one of the first to get Flighter Ops
Do you have the most recent Falcon 4.0? Was considering picking that up just to try it out, it's also dirt cheap and still has a little developer support which LOMAC does not.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Time Served

I have Falcon 4 with some of the patches but haven't flown it in years. One of the great combat sims but I was having trouble learning to fly well and have never got into it. Many hundreds of hours on F-15 and F-18. Fly LOMAC occasionally for recreation.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 07:10 AM
The Janitor

when LOMAC first came out, i couldnt fly anything. so many controls and functions that i had NO desire to go through a 300+ page pdf manual. And i have played games like Jane's F-15 and so forth with equally elaborate manuals and controls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement