Modded Xbox 360? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Modded Xbox 360?

Anybody have a modded xbox 360? Im fixing to take mine to get modded in about an hour or so. It supposedly allows you to play xbox live games and everything still. But now I can make backups of all my games. Just seeing your guy's experience with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Time Served

momo has one and it is great. He make backups of games by downloading them to the hard drive so he can play them whenever. You can also hook it up with your home network and stream video/audio whatever to your tv.

He also has a bunch of emulators installed so you can play n64, snes, genesis, and nes games on the xbox.

If you are getting a chip you should have the guy put in a larger hard drive too. I think momo went with a 300gig. Xbox games can take up to 9g each, but most are probably about 2.5g - 4.5g. You also might want the extra room to store downloaded videos and mp3s.

You can pretty much use the xbox just like a home theatre pc.

I don't think he ever uses xbox live, but I'm pretty sure with most modchips you can toggle them on and off. If you want to play on xbox live then you have to turn the chip off, pay for the xbox live service, and own the game.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt54
momo has one and it is great. He make backups of games by downloading them to the hard drive so he can play them whenever. You can also hook it up with your home network and stream video/audio whatever to your tv.

He also has a bunch of emulators installed so you can play n64, snes, genesis, and nes games on the xbox.

If you are getting a chip you should have the guy put in a larger hard drive too. I think momo went with a 300gig. Xbox games can take up to 9g each, but most are probably about 2.5g - 4.5g. You also might want the extra room to store downloaded videos and mp3s.

You can pretty much use the xbox just like a home theatre pc.

I don't think he ever uses xbox live, but I'm pretty sure with most modchips you can toggle them on and off. If you want to play on xbox live then you have to turn the chip off, pay for the xbox live service, and own the game.
thats a modded xbox, not a modded xbox360. The only mod out for the 360 is the dvd firmware hack which bypasses the media flag on the drive allowing you to use dual layer dvd-r backups.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Time Served

ah, sorry didn't read the original post cloesly enough. Ya, modded 360 just lets you play backup disks I think.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian

I have one. It is AWESOME. Only part that sucked, is I wasted bout 5 DL dvds because my xbox only likes a certain type of media. ONtop of that, I had to buy a new dvd burner (pioneer).

It just bypasses some flags. You can reflash it, and it will back to the "original" state.

Took me less than a few minutes to flash mine. Sata FTW

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Time Served

I have a modded xbox as well, and was thinking about the dvd firmware flash for the 360. Big question - can you hit live with the altered firmware? My soft-modded xbox can never go on live.

oesm.org - Enterprise-grade web hosting (full DR, efficient virtualization, hardware firewalls)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 PM
dead

do they have the xmbc dash for 360? im in love with that setup. it is about as good as it gets.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Time Served

I don't believe there's anything near the level of homebrew that the original xbox has yet.

oesm.org - Enterprise-grade web hosting (full DR, efficient virtualization, hardware firewalls)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLinkOZ
I have a modded xbox as well, and was thinking about the dvd firmware flash for the 360. Big question - can you hit live with the altered firmware? My soft-modded xbox can never go on live.

I go online to download stuff, but I haven't tried the games. I don't a single 360 game. all mine are burnt

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
I go online to download stuff, but I haven't tried the games. I don't a single 360 game. all mine are burnt
Awesome, so it doesn't do the account ban for just signing on, like the soft- and hard-modded xboxes. Good to know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement