Itunes/Motorola SLVR Problem and Question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Itunes/Motorola SLVR Problem and Question

Ok, I have the newest version of Itunes and I am trying to put songs onto my Motorola SLVR, but some of the songs I have will not go onto the phone.

When I try to drag/drop it onto the phone, it will come up with a stop sign (circle w/a slash through it) and will not let me put the song on the phone.

Does anyone know what is going on or what I can do to allow me to put what I want on my phone?

I believe the version of Itunes on the phone is like 1.0 and I have no idea how to update the Itunes version on my phone. Someone I worked with had a ROKR and had a much newer version of Itunes on his phone and it allowed him to hold about 2x as many songs as my phone.

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

What format are the songs in that you're trying to copy? You say some of them won't go, so I assume that means some do work?

I'd imagine the ones that don't, are probably in a format the phone doesn't recognize and/or are DRM'd and can only be played on an authorized device.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
What format are the songs in that you're trying to copy? You say some of them won't go, so I assume that means some do work?

I'd imagine the ones that don't, are probably in a format the phone doesn't recognize and/or are DRM'd and can only be played on an authorized device.
They are all MP3 format. Most work, but only a few do not. What throws me off is that I have a bunch of songs from one album out of one RAR file, 1 song will load up, but the other two will not.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Lifer

did you run out of room? i haven't had a problem putting songs on my SLVR L2, i don't have iTunes or any of that. i actually put Disturbed Land of Confusion, the whole song, on mine with no problem. i can put about another 3-4 songs on mine too.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyon
did you run out of room? i haven't had a problem putting songs on my SLVR L2, i don't have iTunes or any of that. i actually put Disturbed Land of Confusion, the whole song, on mine with no problem. i can put about another 3-4 songs on mine too.
It shouldn't be out of room seeing as how it has like 500MB standard on the phone. I only have like 3-4 songs on it right now.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 10:02 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
They are all MP3 format. Most work, but only a few do not. What throws me off is that I have a bunch of songs from one album out of one RAR file, 1 song will load up, but the other two will not.
Do the songs play ok on the computer? Coming from a rar, I'm curious if they're corrupt in some way. Even if they do play, listen for pops and distortions that aren't part of the song.

Other than that, being mp3's I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't work.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Do the songs play ok on the computer? Coming from a rar, I'm curious if they're corrupt in some way. Even if they do play, listen for pops and distortions that aren't part of the song.

Other than that, being mp3's I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't work.
They sound fine to me. I'll try to see if it does the same thing with my Ipod Shuffle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement