Final Fantasy 7 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Final Fantasy 7

I really miss FF7, it was and will forever be my favorite game of all time. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a copy of it for my PC.

I wish I still had my PSone version, they go for $70+ on amazon.com.

Help me out guys

-Taylor

edit:
doh, just found 320945 copies for real cheap on ebay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:39 AM
not exclude

I never really got FF7. I have played it through a few times, but never found it that amazing of a game. FF2 was by far the best of the series, imo.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

what platform was ff2 on? nes?

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:44 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitstaylor
what platform was ff2 on? nes?
Yep, have it on emulator nowadays.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Lifer

Never really liked FF series after 3. I heard they are bringing out the REAL FF3 to america...the one that only Japan got, maybe that will be good. And yes dude, it was on NES.

My favorite RPG of all time...well pre PS2, Xbox, Gamecube era, was Chrono Trigger for SNES. Love the game, plus I have a mint condition game I bought off of Ebay about 6 years ago for $45 (box has EVERYTHING that originally came with it). They sell for about $200+ now for the mints.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:48 AM
not exclude

I'm a huge fan of the Suikoden series, although I don't have the latest ones. 1 and 2 were great.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Lifer

I downloaded FFVII the other night but it doesnt work with a lot of the stuff we have these days like USB keyboards etc. They have a Win XP patch out for it but it is still real buggy. Your better off buying a copy for PS2.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason
I downloaded FFVII the other night but it doesnt work with a lot of the stuff we have these days like USB keyboards etc. They have a Win XP patch out for it but it is still real buggy. Your better off buying a copy for PS2.
Do you think i will have the same problems if i get the original ffVII for pc on cd's? my old psone is on its last legs and id love to be able to play it on my laptop.

Edit: is this the patch you mentioned httpWinXP Patch ?

Last edited by dudeitstaylor; 09-18-2006 at 01:20 PM.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

If you've got, or can find a PSX version of the game, you can always download a PSX emulator to play any PSX games on your computer. I've been using ePSXe for years (my PSX still works, but I let a friend borrow it years ago, and haven't seen it since. And my memory cards went with it, so playing PSX games on PS2 without a PSX memory card = no bueno).

The emulators are nice also, because they can render the games in higher resolution (textures stay the same, but the edges of the polygons are much more clean/crisp).

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
If you've got, or can find a PSX version of the game, you can always download a PSX emulator to play any PSX games on your computer. I've been using ePSXe for years (my PSX still works, but I let a friend borrow it years ago, and haven't seen it since. And my memory cards went with it, so playing PSX games on PS2 without a PSX memory card = no bueno).

The emulators are nice also, because they can render the games in higher resolution (textures stay the same, but the edges of the polygons are much more clean/crisp).
Wow that sounds very sweet. So i would just put the game in my regular cd-rom drive and play it via the emulator?
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Raiden Wins

I've been meaning to borrow FF7 from my friend for a while. He claims it is the greatest game ever. I'll have to see.

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:04 AM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"

i still have a the FFVII game in the case and its not the greatest hit one either. i love that game. I have beat it so manytime i cant remember. The debug mode is bad ass too where you can play as sephiroth and many other different things
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Do you think i will have the same problems if i get the original ffVII for pc on cd's? my old psone is on its last legs and id love to be able to play it on my laptop.

Edit: is this the patch you mentioned httpWinXP Patch ?
Yeah I think that is the patch, it fixes a problem with the game crashing on win XP. BTW, the file I downloaded are ISO images of the original CD's so when I burned them they were basically the same thing that you would pull out of a box of a brand new game, so yeah you would still have those issues. Just get you a keyboard with a older style plug (not a usb) and it will work ok.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
I've been meaning to borrow FF7 from my friend for a while. He claims it is the greatest game ever. I'll have to see.
Well, it is my favorite game of all time..... FF7 > ALL
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 04:42 PM
"SHOW HIM THE BIRD!"

hey dark wolf what edition of the epsxe are you useing. Im using 1.60 and im having a time with setting the graphics just right.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy
Never really liked FF series after 3. I heard they are bringing out the REAL FF3 to america...the one that only Japan got, maybe that will be good. And yes dude, it was on NES.

My favorite RPG of all time...well pre PS2, Xbox, Gamecube era, was Chrono Trigger for SNES. Love the game, plus I have a mint condition game I bought off of Ebay about 6 years ago for $45 (box has EVERYTHING that originally came with it). They sell for about $200+ now for the mints.
FF3, the american version, I really got a kick out of that game. I probably put in 500+ hours, I was just a kid though. Game was badass! I also put in a lot of time on Chrono Trigger, yet another badass RPG. Do you remember Secret of Mana? That one was pretty good too, not quite the same caliber as the aforementioned, but it was sweet all in its own.

UNFORTUNATELY, all of these games were stolen, its too bad.

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 07:05 PM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
ffVII was a great game but i loved playing FFIII(FFVI in japan). FFVII only took my about 3 days to beat....now FFIII took me at least a week. Now if they would only re-release FFIII for the ps3 with digital renderings and animation i would definately play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I'm a huge fan of the Suikoden series, although I don't have the latest ones. 1 and 2 were great.
X2

FF7, FF8, FFX, and FFtactics are the best imo.

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Banned

I'm going through FFT right now only because my PS2 won't play my FF7 discs for some reason. I was all hyped up to play it, too.

BTW, it's not for sure but FF7 might be re-released on PS3. The intro movie was showcased at E3 as a technical demo. It's on youtube.com and google video.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Time Served

Quote:
I really miss FF7, it was and will forever be my favorite game of all time. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a copy of it for my PC.

I wish I still had my PSone version, they go for $70+ on amazon.com.

Help me out guys

-Taylor

edit:
doh, just found 320945 copies for real cheap on ebay.
ff7 was bad ass. best rpg ever made and it will stay that way, the story line was unbilevable. ff8 and ff9 were a dissapointment well thats what i think. then ff10 was really good.

96 1500 2wd SLT Laramie Regular cab short bed 5.9L

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty
ff7 was bad ass. best rpg ever made and it will stay that way, the story line was unbilevable. ff8 and ff9 were a dissapointment well thats what i think. then ff10 was really good.
I never saw why people didn't like FF8?

I think it had an amazing storyline and the battles far surpassed that of FF7. Maybe just because of the more futuristic setting?

I do agree in FF9 being a disappointment though.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
I never saw why people didn't like FF8?

I think it had an amazing storyline and the battles far surpassed that of FF7. Maybe just because of the more futuristic setting?

I do agree in FF9 being a disappointment though.
the begining of ff8 was amazing but towards the end it just got kinda dull to me.

96 1500 2wd SLT Laramie Regular cab short bed 5.9L

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

I have played through ff7-10, and imo 7 was the most fun. All of the characters in it were unforgettable
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 12:56 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider5.0
hey dark wolf what edition of the epsxe are you useing. Im using 1.60 and im having a time with setting the graphics just right.
I'll have to look when I get home. 1.6 sounds about right, but might be higher.

I use Pete's plugins for graphics and sound. http://www.pbernert.com/

Quote:
BTW, it's not for sure but FF7 might be re-released on PS3.
I'm hoping if they do it, that it's multiplatform. Same with FFXIII. I really don't want to have to buy a PS3 just for FF, like I did the PS2, and PSX

FFVI (FFIII here) is still my favorite of the series, with FFVII a very close second. I would love to see a remake of FFVI done in FFX/FFXII style... now with the original FFIII (never came out here) coming on DS and re-done in full 3D, I don't think my wish to see a full 3D FFVI is all that out of the question

DarkWolf
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 10:09 PM
P1

american releases and platforms
FF- NES
FFII and FFIII - SNES
FFVII, VIII, and IX - PSX
and then 10, 10-2 and 12 on PS2

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo'syellow4.6
american releases and platforms
FF- NES
FFII and FFIII - SNES
FFVII, VIII, and IX - PSX
and then 10, 10-2 and 12 on PS2
FFIII = Japan only, known in America as FF VI

I have a copy of FF7 for PC that I've used 1 time, since I bought it brand new. I'll see if I can find it.

1992 SHO MTX
Under Construction...
White/Black/White

1992 SHO MTX
My first SHO, and always my favorite. Totaled at less than 9 MPH. Dynomax Bullets, chip'd, Tokicos, and a few other goodies. Official parts car.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferendon
FFIII = Japan only, known in America as FF VI

I have a copy of FF7 for PC that I've used 1 time, since I bought it brand new. I'll see if I can find it.
On super nintendo, FFVI was originally released as "Final Fantasy III". It was the first Final Fantasy game I played. Good times. Kefka was a son of a bitch.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 10:54 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Ok so I said VI (III here) is my favorite, and currently it still is... but my god. XII is catching up quick. I'm only about 8 hours into it and loving every second of it.

The story has already shown promise on the level of VI and VII. The battle system is incredible. It's the most significant change to the battle system since they introduced the Active Time Battle system in FFIV (II here). No more random battles. Gives it kind of an MMO feel.

If you're in a crowded area, battles can quickly spiral out of control with mobs running in to the aid of their companions, or just aggroing because they came into range. Recently I was exploring some mines, and aggro'd a couple skeletons. What started as 2 skeletons turned into a crazy battle as more and more skeletons started spawning in and the roaming bats would come into range. I think I stood in the same place for close to 10 minutes, and went through numerous skeletons (stopped counting after a while) and 5 or 6 bats. There were points where I had 6 skeletons on me at a time with more spawning down the mineshaft and coming into the fray. I'd kill off a few around me and almost instantly they'd be replaced.

Enter the Gambit system. Makes the crazy battles managable. Being able to automate tedious tasks such as healing party members, or curing status ailments is a godsend. And should you want to stick with the micro-management of previous FF's, just turn off your party members gambits, and they'll only do what you specifically instruct them to do. Personally I love the gambit system. Let's me concentrate more on controlling aggro by switching targets to get mobs off my mages, and figuring out if it's safe to stay in an area while we fight, or should we drag the mob(s) to another location to try and avoid more links.

And mobs aren't friendly towards each other, like in previous FF's where you'd have a mish-mash of mobs that would all attack you together at some points. The first time you're walking through the Estersand and you see the Wild Saurian (kind of a T-Rex thing) chasing and then devouring a wolf kind of drives that point home.

Great game. If you haven't already picked it up, I'd highly recommend it if you're a fan of these games. If things keep up the way they are, this could easily surpass VI as my favorite of the series.

DarkWolf
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Lifer

I may have to try XII, after VII I started losing interest and X kinda got me into it again but also got old. The stories just couldnt keep me going like VII.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Ok so I said VI (III here) is my favorite, and currently it still is... but my god. XII is catching up quick. I'm only about 8 hours into it and loving every second of it.

The story has already shown promise on the level of VI and VII. The battle system is incredible. It's the most significant change to the battle system since they introduced the Active Time Battle system in FFIV (II here). No more random battles. Gives it kind of an MMO feel.

If you're in a crowded area, battles can quickly spiral out of control with mobs running in to the aid of their companions, or just aggroing because they came into range. Recently I was exploring some mines, and aggro'd a couple skeletons. What started as 2 skeletons turned into a crazy battle as more and more skeletons started spawning in and the roaming bats would come into range. I think I stood in the same place for close to 10 minutes, and went through numerous skeletons (stopped counting after a while) and 5 or 6 bats. There were points where I had 6 skeletons on me at a time with more spawning down the mineshaft and coming into the fray. I'd kill off a few around me and almost instantly they'd be replaced.

Enter the Gambit system. Makes the crazy battles managable. Being able to automate tedious tasks such as healing party members, or curing status ailments is a godsend. And should you want to stick with the micro-management of previous FF's, just turn off your party members gambits, and they'll only do what you specifically instruct them to do. Personally I love the gambit system. Let's me concentrate more on controlling aggro by switching targets to get mobs off my mages, and figuring out if it's safe to stay in an area while we fight, or should we drag the mob(s) to another location to try and avoid more links.

And mobs aren't friendly towards each other, like in previous FF's where you'd have a mish-mash of mobs that would all attack you together at some points. The first time you're walking through the Estersand and you see the Wild Saurian (kind of a T-Rex thing) chasing and then devouring a wolf kind of drives that point home.

Great game. If you haven't already picked it up, I'd highly recommend it if you're a fan of these games. If things keep up the way they are, this could easily surpass VI as my favorite of the series.
I've heard XII is awesome. I'll have to get it sometime soon.

Have you seen the trailer for XIII for PS3? It looks insane. The graphics are so good it's hard to tell which are actual scenes from the fight and the CG animation. Of course, you can see the menus on the screen to see the difference.

post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 12:04 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
I've heard XII is awesome. I'll have to get it sometime soon.

Have you seen the trailer for XIII for PS3? It looks insane. The graphics are so good it's hard to tell which are actual scenes from the fight and the CG animation. Of course, you can see the menus on the screen to see the difference.
Yeah, I'm hoping they go multiplatform with XIII and beyond. Either that, or wait a while for the PS3 to come down to a more reasonable price... because I really don't want to spend $500+ for a PS3, if I can avoid it

If they go multiplatform, which they're kinda hinting at with putting XI on the x360, that'd be the push I'd need to get a 360.

DarkWolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement