Dell support sucks!!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Something clever

Angry Dell support sucks!!!!

So I buy a dell with a 4 year warranty full coverage. Well my monitor wont accept power, won't turn on...nothing. I call dell to see wher I can go to get a new one and I get an indian that barely spoke english ( dirka dirka). He preceeds to say we need to troubleshoot. I told him there is nothing to troubleshoot - it won't turn on and I plugged up an old monitor and it works just fine. So I tell him that about 5 times in a row and he didnt get it so Lauren gets on the phone. She asks to speak to someone who speaks English, or an American - He says there are no americans here, WTF!!! He then tells me that there are no stores around to take the computer to. He says we have to troubleshoot on the phone...even after both Lauren and I have explained that we know what the problem is, and he can't do anything over the phone. Lauren finally told him that he was worthless and thanks for nothing...and hung up.

Has anyone ever had this type of problem before? Does anyone know of a place that I can take the monitor?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

I am pretty damn sure dell has to ship you a new one.

ask for tier 2 support.

That usually get me an american.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
I am pretty damn sure dell has to ship you a new one.

ask for tier 2 support.

That usually get me an american.
hm. good idea..thanks

i'll try that

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 06:41 PM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe
So I buy a dell with a 4 year warranty full coverage. Well my monitor wont accept power, won't turn on...nothing. I call dell to see wher I can go to get a new one and I get an indian that barely spoke english ( dirka dirka). He preceeds to say we need to troubleshoot. I told him there is nothing to troubleshoot - it won't turn on and I plugged up an old monitor and it works just fine. So I tell him that about 5 times in a row and he didnt get it so Lauren gets on the phone. She asks to speak to someone who speaks English, or an American - He says there are no americans here, WTF!!! He then tells me that there are no stores around to take the computer to. He says we have to troubleshoot on the phone...even after both Lauren and I have explained that we know what the problem is, and he can't do anything over the phone. Lauren finally told him that he was worthless and thanks for nothing...and hung up.

Has anyone ever had this type of problem before? Does anyone know of a place that I can take the monitor?
makes you wonder who the fuck gave them those awards for their great tech support

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Lifer

HP is the same, as are most electronics companies. Such is life in this modern age.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 06:50 PM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
HP is the same, as are most electronics companies. Such is life in this modern age.
ACER, ASUS, MSI, Antec, Toshiba, Logitech, just to name a few, are great tech support from what Ive dealt with. They do their best to get you what you need when you need it

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Lifer

Ehh, the component manufacturers are generally better when you can get ahold of them, but that can be a tough thing sometimes.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:13 PM
IGOSLO

i am on the phone with dell automated bitch, she is giving me a stress attack, i could kill that virtual skank, i had to hang up and call back 9 times, and then i got stuck in an automated maze with answers including "i dont understand, i's sorry, say yes or no to confirm" for half an hour.................
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Lifer

call 877-671-3355 and tell them you need help... if they try and transfer you, tell them you already called that other number and they didn't help you... be persistent..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan
call 877-671-3355 and tell them you need help... if they try and transfer you, tell them you already called that other number and they didn't help you... be persistent..
Thanks Ill give that a shot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement